Family Guy

Burning Down the Bayit

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 04, 2012 on FOX

6.2
  • Peter and Quagmire help Mort save his pharmacy

Overwhelmed with financial troubles, Mort asks Peter and Quagmire to help him save his pharmacy. However, things take a turn for the worse when the trio decides to burn it down to collect insurance money. I thought that this is one of the most genius and awesome storylines of "Family Guy" that I have ever seen this season. Although, I usually focus more on the humor in this show. I actually focused more on the storyline in this episode because it was well written and it was handled very well which impressed me. I honestly didn't expect to give this episode a 10... maybe like a 8.5 or 9 or possibly lower depending how dragged the episode was but NOOOOO... it gets a PERFECT score from me. This episode did have one or two long scenes but I can easily ignore that since it really didn't bug me unlike the other long scenes that this season has gotten. Hopefully Seth realizes that viewers like us don't like long scenes. Anyways, I really loved the storyline to this episode... it was magnificent in every way. I loved how Peter and Quagmire was helping Mort save his pharmacy. I loved the scene with Peter, Quagmire, and Mort burning down the pharmacy which was awesome and I loved that Mort finally gets an episode after such a while. As for the humor, a few of them were a MISS but most of them were a HIT in my opinion. The parts that made me laugh were the cutaway with Joe at the handicapped Cher impersonator concert, the gross out gag with Brian's bone going into Quagmire's head and a piece Quagmire's brain coming out (I know it's a little too much but it's "Family Guy", what do you expect?), The Beatles cutaway, the scene with Peter annoying Joe by texting him and then Joe gets so angry that he calls Peter, the brief scene with Lois and Bonnie at a club and then Lois says "Haha, Peter doesn't even know I'm here", the scene with Joe questioning Mort then Peter then Quagmire (I couldn't stop laughing at this part for some reason), and some more. I also enjoyed Joe's story near the end of the episode about the insurance company and how it's cheaper for him to be on a wheelchair. This episode also has a very true message which is "insurance companies are d-bags". The humor was very good in this episode while a few were a MISS but I can ignore that.... I mainly paid more attention to the storyline though cause I love how it was handled. Overall, a perfect episode of "Family Guy" with very good humor with the exception of a few being a MISS, very good storyline, and a true message. 10/10
CW