Family Guy

Chitty Chitty Death Bang

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 18, 1999 on FOX

• One of the best episodes of the series

I like Stewie thinking he's getting put back in the womb on his first birthday. But it does have some Peter funny moments, such as his lie to Lois about Cheesy Charlie's. Overall, great episode. Seth Macfarlane should do more episodes like this
  • Hysterically funny and original with complete absurdity!

Oh boy! The Stewie plot in this episode was just hysterical. I loved it! The Meg plot was good nothing brilliant but the Stewie plot certainly makes this a hilarious episode. Along with some classical Peter and Brian moments, this easily makes for my favorite season 1 episode thus far
  • One of the better episodes of Season 1.

Family Guy doesn't get boring it just keeps the laughs up and running.
  • Original and classic

Peter allows Meg to go to a party with her new friend. This angers Lois because it's the same day as Stewie's birthday, and she wants the whole family to be together. What Meg doesn't know is that she's actually attending a cult meeting. Peter then comes to pick up Meg. However, the cult leader follows. Stewie believes him to be the "Man in White", trying to return him to the womb. I thought that this was an excellent episode of "Family Guy". One of the best Season 1 episodes that I've ever seen. Not only was this episode very funny and well written by the writers really made it feel original and a classic. A lot of parts in this episode were original and classic that made the episode to be fantastic and super funny. Stewie's part throughout this entire episode was hilarious and tons and tons and tons of more parts made me laugh so hard that I can't even tell all of them. A great "Stewie's first birthday" storyline for all of the fans to really enjoy. Overall, an excellent episode of "Family Guy" that felt very original and classic in my opinion... fans definitely need to watch this episode. 10/10
  • The best season 1 episode

Peter allows Meg to go to a party with her new friend. This angers Lois because it's the same day as Stewie's birthday, and she wants the whole family to be together. What Meg doesn't know is that she's actually attending a cult meeting. Peter then comes to pick up Meg. However, the cult leader follows. Stewie believes him to be the "Man in White", trying to return him to the womb. I thought this was an excellent episode. It is definitely season 1's best and I liked the episode's story line. I laughed at a lot of parts such as Stewie writing diaries about "The Man in White", Peter and Chris at Cheesy Charlie, Peter telling the story about what happen (when he turned into a Hulk), Stewie talking to the other babies, Stewie defeating the Man in White, and others. Overall, a funny episode of Family Guy. It is really one of the best episode I've seen from this show. 10/10
  • Chitty Chitty Death Bang

What I Liked- "Chris, this is a big day for you. You are going to be the man of the house. Because when we get home, your mom is going to kill me", Stewie killing who he thought was "the man in white", John o Hurley's guest appearance, the scene of stewie being born and the map he had, amongst other things.

Another good episode. Not one of my favorites but it was a really nice episode. A+
  • Another perfect addition to Season 1.

My review: It was funny when Stewie was at the airport "Listen up.....JOLENE." and the Pickles part, anyways, good episode,

10 / 10 A +

• One of the best epsiodes of season 1

Its Stewie's first birthday, and Lois wants his party to be at Cheesie Charlie's. But when Peter threathens to take his business elsewhere, their reservation is taken. Lois is upset, but he promises to throw a party at their house. Meanwhile, Stewie thinks that the man in white is going to put him back in the womb, and he is preparing to beat him. Meg meets a new friend, and is oblivious that she is at a cult. peter rescues her from there, just in time for Stewie's birthday party.

This was a great episode. This is Stewie at his best. I loved seeing him kill the "man in white", and seeing him preparing like a ninja.

Overall grade: 95%/A+
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the show family guy peter is going to take meg to a party and thing is louis wants them all togeather for stouies first birthday party. and she wants it memorable. but peter still takes her and thing is meg gets there thinking its a party but in reality its a cult and when peter comes to get her the cult leader follows them. and then stouie he thinks the man inwhite is coming to take him back into the woundie. this was funny ep and that is why i gave it a 8.5 instead of anything lower
  • It is Stewie's 1st birthday and the man in white is coming to see him!!!!!

After 2 very hard and tiring birthdays at the Griffin's house, Lois wants to have a Stewies's 1st birthday party at someplace else called Cheesie Charlie's. When Peter and Chris go there to get reservations, they get kicked out because Peter refuses to pay after he gets in a fight with a kid. It was so funny when Peter told Lois about how they got kicked out, he completely changed the story! (Brian says:(When Peter is about to tell Lois what happened)These are always classic) And Stewie thinks that the hospital guy who pulled him out of the womb(Man in White, he calls him) is going to put him back in the womb! The Man in White gets there, but turns out to be a cult leader. It was also funny when Stewie says "It's a boy" before he destroys him. At the end, Stewie wishes for a disco party after he blows out the candles.
  • Second best episode so far.

I know It's only been three episodes so far but this is the second best out of them three. It' almost a year after stewie was born and Lois makes reservations at a place called cheezy charlie a play on chuck e cheese when going there to drop off a deposit he accidentallycancels there reservations and lois is mad because she always misses birthday parties because shes always too busy making sure they all go right. meanwhile Stewie thinks that the doctor is coming to put stewie back in lois which he describes as prison and the man in white as the doctor meanwhile meg makes new friends.
  • ok as for the classification I wasn't sure what to put. :)

I remember this episode. It's funny, sort of creepy and then just plain family guy style. See we all know Meg is not popular at all right. Then she meets this girl who really likes her and becomes her friends. Meg's already gotten attached to her because Meg is friendless and weird. Yea so the girl invites Meg to this party which just so happens to be on Stewie's birthday. Even thought Lois isn't happy about it Peter let's Meg go anyway. As it turns out thought Meg's friend was part of a cult. If Peter didn't get their in time to accidentally stop Meg from drinking the poison she would've been a goner. Stewie hated his birthday and like always thought it was some diabolical plan. As usually he tried to sabotage the whole thing and kill Lois and as usually he didn't succeed. Like I said before it's a funny and sort of creepy episode.
  • This episode is so cool.

It is Stewie's birthday. Meg makes a new friend. She invites Meg to a party the same day as Stewie's. She asks Lois, she says no. She stalks Peter, he says yes. She goes to the party not realizing its a cult meeting. When they're about to sacrifice themselves. Peter goes to get Meg due to his unhappy wife. Peter doesn't realize it is a cult either. He just takes Meg home. Meanwhile. Peter tries to make Stewie's birthday party the bomb by making a circus come to his house party illegally. Meg realizes that family is more important than friends.
  • Very good episode but the ending was a little out of shape. It wasn't enough to make me not like this, great one

It's Stewie's first birthday and it becomes a disaster as people die from rat poisining, and Oh yes, The man in white! What a crack up!
    This was a very good episode because of the storylines. It wasn't as strong as last weeks but for sure, I did laugh at Peter. Stewie was a classic, his small feet running all over the place to suceed in his mission was nigh on perfect!
    In end, Meg learned the true value of family so she attended Stewie's birthday party before her life could've been at risk. I wont go over the whole thing because I can't remember each part, but let's just say this one was impressive. Family Guy is an excellent show like Two and a half men.

Overall, even though I said this, great episode with not the best ending but it still pleased me as other episodes did. Series classic...
  • Stewie, simplemente malvado.

Me gusta mucho el desarrollo del personaje de Stewie en la seria, porque es algo innovador, padres irresponsables tenemos en varios programas, pero hijos malvados, nazis y asesinos sólo en Family Guy. El personaje de Meg puede ser desarrolado más a fondo, y darle un poquito de independencia. Chris es un gordito buena gente, Louis la madre abnegada y Brian un perro alcoholico bastante inteligente. Este episodio es muy especial, nos muestra el odio inicial de Stewie por su madre, que se concretará más a fondo durante los episodios venideros. Este es un buen episodio, pero le faltaron más bromas interescenas.
  • Stewie is victorious..

It's Stewie's birthday and Lois has her heart set on it. She booked a party at Cheesy Charlie's and Peter Griffin accidentally cancels it. Now Peter must find a way to make Lois happy by bringing the promise of a big ass pinata, a petting zoo, and all the works. But how is he going to do that when he doesn't even have the money to pay for all of that? Well, Peter, the adult Cartman has an idea.

This was a great episode. I really enjoyed it. As being in the first season of Family Guy, it brought great character development for Stewie. We learn a little more about his plans for world domination and.. what's this? A map of Europe coming out of Lois when he was born? Odd. Great episode.
  • Third ever episode of Famiy Guy whch is both and funny well written plot and contains character develpoment

Third ever episode of Famiy Guy whch is both and funny well written plot and contains character develpoment. Hoping for once to enjoy a child's first birthday with her family (instead of being stuck with planning the party), Lois has booked Cheesie Charlie's for Stewie's upcoming first birthday party and sends Peter (along with Chris) to drop off the deposit check at the restaurant. However, once they arrive, Peter manages to lose their reservation -a move Peter immediately realizes will upset Lois. Meanwhile, Stewie misinterprets the meaning of his birthday and assumes that the same mysterious "Man in White" who delivered him as an infant will be returning to force Stewie back into the womb. Also, Meg, who has been having trouble fitting in at school, discovers a new friend named Jennifer.

Peter lies to Lois, claiming Cheesie Charlie's is an evil place, though Lois doesn't believe his story. However, she decides to trust Peter after he says he has already planned an extravagant party at home. Meanwhile, Stewie makes it to the airport before deciding that he should face "The Man in White" after all. Peter fails to put together a party in time for Stewie's birthday, finally rerouting a circus parade into the Griffins' backyard, saving the day-that is, until he reveals to Lois that he gave Meg permission to go to a party at her friend's house. Lois, who wanted the whole family together, becomes depressed. Neither realize, however, that Meg's "party" is a cult meeting where the members will commit mass suicide by drinking poisoned punch.

Peter retrieves Meg, who is also oblivious to the group suicide. After a heart-warming speech and toast, just as Peter, Meg, and the others are about to drink the punch, Peter and Meg see that they're late and rush out the door. They stop to see that the rest of the cult are dead. Peter thinks they are more people who would rather fake their deaths than go to a party with Meg. The cult leader notices that Meg didn't kill herself with the punch and has left, so he puts on his white robe and goes to the Griffin's house. Peter and Meg race back to the party just in time for the erotic cake Peter bought. Meanwhile, Stewie traps and kills the cult leader, thinking he is the "Man in White." The episode ends with Stewie making a wish that the party involved disco, which immediately comes true.

This cult is reminiscent of the Peoples Temple which committed cult suicide in 1978 with potassium cyanide-laced Flavor Aid as well as the Heaven's Gate cult, who also committed mass suicide.[1][2] Many members of the cult submitted to voluntary castration (in the show, Jennifer mentions that the male members are eunuchs). The cult leader in the show resembles Marshall Applewhite.
  • Series Classic for sure. One of the early episodes that show how great the Family Guy series can actually be.

Peter retrieves Meg, who is also oblivious to the group suicide. After a heart-warming speech and toast, just as Peter, Meg, and the others are about to drink the punch, Peter and Meg see that they're late and rush out the door. They stop to see that the rest of the cult are dead. Peter thinks they are more people who would rather fake their deaths than go to a party with Meg. The Cult Leader notices that Meg didn't kill herself with the punch and has left, so he puts on his white robe and goes to the Griffin's House. Peter and Meg race back to the party just in time for the erotic cake Peter bought. Meanwhile, Stewie traps and kills the cult leader, thinking he is the "Man in White." The episode ends with Stewie making a wish that the party involved disco, which immediately comes true.
  • Stewie's Birthday!

Chitty Chitty Death Bang is another great episode of Family Guy. It was everyone's favorite evil genius baby, Stewie's, birthday! I really liked the episode's plot. Stewie's conspiracy about "The Man In White" was awesome. Stewie is just so badass! When he killed the cult leader and said, "It's a boy" I thought that was pretty cool. Stewie was hilarious, just as always. I thought the side story with Meg was pretty good. I liked how they tied it in with Stewie's story. And I liked at the end when Stewie had to make a wish on his candle. Overall I liked this episode.
  • It's a boy!

'Chitty Chitty Death Bang' is a great episode that carries on the early Family Guy episode tradition of grounded interconnected plotlines, but unfortunately doesn't quite hit the nail squarely on the head with the laughs or the quality of the stories like the first two episodes.

I surprisingly noticed the poor production value of this episode more than the first two, and at times the odd breaks of silence in between dialogue, weird background noise and insane character models were distracting from the rest of the episode. Perhaps what I'm missing most about these early shows however is the distinct lack of supporting regulars such as Peter's friends where they are needed, which I felt was the case here. In this episode specifically I felt the story was also sometimes lacking and often drifted into areas where nothing interesting or funny was going on.

Nevertheless I loved Stewie's personal story of escaping from the womb and his fear of being put back in. It was always both amusing and wonderful to watch, both for character development and for laughs. Also, it paved way for a brilliant ending that puts the icing on the cake perfectly, topping off a well done episode. I didn't enjoy Meg or Peter's storylines quite as much and was going to go on about them but by the end of the show you realise that they are actually needed in order to fulfil the final stages of Stewie's plot.

Some good laughs scattered throughout, evenly paced and quite different from modern Family Guy gags (although those cult reference flashbacks are starting to creep in more and more) which offers a refuge from the sometimes repetitive nature of the series' current jokes. Not quite as funny or interesting as the last two episodes as I have said, but still a great example of the show and one that will probably always be remembered.
  • Its one of the very few funny episodes of family guy.

This is one of the very very few episodes of family guy that is actually funny. Most of the Season 1 and Season 2 episodes are hilarious. This episode about stewie's birthday is so funny. I watched it like 5 times on the dvds I have. I love the flash backs they have in this episode. My favorite part was definately when Peter was telling Lois about how he got the reservations cancelled at the place that makes fun of chuck e cheese. I love the way that guys says "Sorry Timmy, but you need 15 tickets to live." HA HA. That was soo funny!
  • lol

Peter allows Meg to go to a party with her new friend. This angers Lois because it's the same day as Stewie's birthday, and she wants the whole family to be together. What Meg doesn't know is that she's actually attending a cult meeting. Peter then comes to pick up Meg. However, the cult leader follows. Stewie believes him to be the "Man in White", trying to return him to the womb, thats what the episodes about i loved it good episode for season 1 and its readl funny i was like lol so i give this episode a 9.2/10 thats all i can say about the episode lol
  • Birthday Blues!

This epsiide is on Stewie's birhtday and his birthday clashes with Meg wanting to go to a party with cultist who want to kill themselves. At the start of this epsiode, Lois wanted to go to Chuck E chhese joint, after Peter gets thrown out, the party had to be held at Peter's house. This episode looks at the origin of Stewie and how he came to be. I enjoyed the early episodes, mainly with the voice of Lancey Charbert as Meg. Lancey's voice is very good. I love the name Lancey charbert. Even the name is very sexy. I like this episode.
  • Stewie is having a birthday party and Meg gets cut from the cheerleading squad.

There were a couple of haha moments. One I really liked was when Peter had on a shirt that said no fat chicks. Another good part was when Stewie was controling Peter's sperm by riding it like in the movie Star Wars. I laughed really hard when the cheerleaders were saying they love throwing up. This episode was okay not that many funny momemnts as it usual has. I laughed pretty hard though when Peter jumped in the ball pit and Peter is playing virtual stuck behind a bus. I laughed at a part that wasn't supposed to be funny. Peter is talking to Chris and tells Chris that he is going to become man of the house and Chris has no reaction what so ever. After that part it goes to commercial break and I changed the channel.
  • Happy Birthday Stewie!

Stewie is my favourite character in Family Guy, so when I watched this episode, it made me laugh. Stewie thinks that Lois and Peter are trying to put him back into Lois, it's so funny how stupid Stewie can be.

Also, Meg joins a new group of girls, which do weird stuff. Meg was about to be killed because if she had drunk the juice she would have died.

Anyways, it was so weird also how Peter got a whole circus to his backyard, but it was lucky that Stewie eventulay did have a good birthday party.

The writers and producers did a good job making this episode, and I thank them.

Family Guy Rules!
  • funny

• Early/Great.

This was the third episode in the series and it was great, Stewie being afraid that a man in a white suit(his doctor at birth)was coming to put him back in the womb on his first birthday was a great plot and the subplot-Meg befriending a member of a cult because it was the only she could get was great. And the animation was certaintly improving at this point, two. I love this episode it rainks number 15 in my favourite FG eps and is exactly why I watch this series. Long Live Family Guy. (P.S-I hope I didn't ruin the plot for anyone going to watch it). Bye!!
  • Really good story about Meg.

At the one point where Stewie flashes back to remember his birth and you see the map come out with parts that say "Bomb Here" I burst out in laughter, well not literally but it's funny. The cult Meg joins really only had the one insane girl and then the end cult scene where Meg narrowly escapes her death thanks to Peter that were very funny. Other than that the cult was almost pointless unless you consider the whole "man in white" thing. The end disco scene where Steeiw makes his wish was histaricly funny because it recognizes Stewies dream for world domination that seemed to disipate throughout the show (and his hatred towards Lois). I thought this episdode was another of Family Guys best.
  • 'Oh, sorry, Meg, I guess that's another bunch of people who'd rather fake their own death than go to a party with you.'

Stewie's first birthday is coming up and Lois hires a place so she can enjoy it. However, Peter cancels the booking and is faced with putting together a birthday party in a few hours. All this frivolity passes Stewie by as he's convinced that 'the man in white' is coming to put him back into the womb! The whole family may not be together for Stewie's party though as Meg wants to spend time with her new friend (who just happens to be in a cult).

This is one of the first episodes of the series but all the stuff you come to expect from the show is already in place. Great moments include the West Side Story skit; Peter mistaking Hanson for The Children of the Corn; Peter's twisted take on what happened at Cheesie Charlie's, prompting Brian to call him 'the Spalding Grey of crap'; a very funny take on the story of three little pigs; Lois misunderstanding Brian when he calls Meg a whiny little runt; Peter trying to get the monkey off his back (literally) and Stewie up against the cult leader. It's a good one!
  • The reason I like Family Guy so much is mainly because most of the episodes, like this one, are just there to fill 20 minutes, not really to make you think or anything, but they are still so original and extraordinarily funny!

Family Guy is the great type of show that can just spurt out a filler episode with not a superb plot, no real character development, and no emotional moments, but it's still funny as hell and it still goes down as a series classic just because... it's hilarious!
    The laughs kept coming, the story got more interesting, as Stewie became more paranoid about the man in white (possibly a Michael Jackson reference somewhere) and Peter's desperate last minute attempts to give Stewie a good Birthday party to please Lois.
    This episode doesn't really stand out, but that's because ALL Family Guy episodes are so great!

Humour 10/10