Family Guy

Da Boom

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Dec 26, 1999 on FOX

• Perfect... Just Perfect

Peter, who is concerned that the world is about to end because of Y2K, convinces the family into canceling all their New Year's Eve plans. After bombs destroy everything, the Griffins set off to a Twinkie factory in Natick. I thought that this was a perfect episode of "Family Guy". There were a lot of humor for me to give me a good laugh and I really thought that the storyline was well thought out and brilliant. I've seen this episode like 6 times and it's still great to watch. The parts that did make me laugh was the cutaway with Peter fighting with the chicken, Peter telling the rabbit "Silly Rabbit, Trix Are For Kids", the guy in the chicken suit warning Peter about the end of the world, Chris saying "Run, E.T., Run" and then you see E.T. run, Cleveland and Quagmire having their bodies together, Joe being stuck in the ground and then a giant rat comes to attack Joe along with Joe yelling to the rat "Bring It On", Stewie having tentacles, Randy Newman making the song about Lois eating the apple, and the very ending with that dude saying "What's Family Guy?" and then he looks at the camera. So yeah, I loved the humor but I also loved the storyline to this episode... it just had a creative process that Seth MacFarlane did a well done job on. I also loved that Peter made the Natick now be called New Quahog. Overall, an excellent episode of "Family Guy" that is just worth watching to all fans. 10/10

Note: mahesh2001 requested me to review this episode