Family Guy

Dammit, Janet!

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jun 13, 2000 on FOX

• Stewie falls in with a girl named Janet while Lois become a flight attendant

Lois fears that Stewie needs to learn how to be social, so she sends him off to Pre-school, where he falls in love with Janet, a girl who likes his cookies. Meanwhile, Lois becomes a flight attendant, and Peter takes advantage of the free flights. Another superb (and somewhat unwatched) episode. The two plots are both equally superb but they could have been better in some of the parts. Funny parts were Peter using the house as a puppet, Janet kept telling Stewie he want cookies, the evil monkey (we see him the very first time), the pilots pretending to be tabbed, Brian coming at Stewie's room, and several other a superb episode. 9/10
  • Very good.

What I liked:

-Cookie

-The Winston Churchill part

- the Mile high club part

9.5/10

• perfect

What I liked: Brian saying Stewie liked Janet's 'blue eyes', and Stewie's "Ah-ha! They're green!", and Brian's Ah-ha! Thanks for proving my point, Stewie trapping that one kid at the beginning, Stewie realizing Janet did not like him, but only wanted his cookies the entire time, the two pilots tricking Lois into thinking they were dead, and then having beers, amongst other things.

Pretty good episode. I liked Stewie's plot more than Lois', but both had their fair share of good moments. It got somewhat boring near the end but not enough to make my grade go down a lot as a result. My final grade for this episode is still a pretty easy A+
  • Funny

Lois sends Stewie to daycare because he needs to be more social, and Stewie falls in love with a girl named Janet. He is very happy with her. We even get to hear a musical number from Stewie. But he loses all faith in her when he finds out that she is just using him for his cookies.

Meanwhile, Lois needs to get a job, so she gets a job as a flight attendadnt, and Peter takes advantage of her job so he can fly anywhere for free. Lois is furious when she finds out Peter is using her, and they get stuck in a communist country.

Overall Grade: B+/85%
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the show family guy louis thinks stouie is not socaiabl so she send him to a preschool to get him to learn some manners and be socialb thing is he falls in love with a girl there. also in this ep luis becomes a flight attednet and peter comes and starts to take advantage and get free fligths in this ep. and it had some really good parts in it that made it a good ep and the story in this one was really good. i thought it was good and that is why i gave it a 8.5
  • Ridiculously funny!

This episode was very hilarious. It had the right mixture of story, comedy and good endings.

I loved the sight of Stewie falling in love. That was so cute in my opinion! I just loved it!

I also enjoyed seeing Peter take advantage of Lois again! He really cracks me up!

I loved the ending to the relationship between Stewie and Janet, but it was really hilarious to watch that!

I have to add that one of my favorite 'mini-scenes' was when the Arabian man asked Lois to be his wife in Arabic, and the events that followed! That had me laughing!

Overall, this was a very well constructed episode with everything you could want! A great episode!
  • LOL

Concerned that Stewie isn't playing well with other children, Lois puts him in day care to be around other children his age. With Stewie out of the house, Lois is bored so Brian suggests she get a job.

Peter seizes the opportunity to steer her to get a job as a flight attendant so he can get free travel. With Glenn Quagmire's connection, Lois gets the job. The work is hard and she has to take abuse from the passengers-meanwhile, Peter takes a day trip to Australia.

Overhearing Peter boast about his free travel, she drags him into a lavatory to discuss him using her. While they're occupied, the plane is hijacked to Cuba. Unable to get documents to return to the US, they ride a refugee raft to Florida.

Meanwhile, at the day care center Stewie falls in love with a toddler named Janet despite his best efforts. Giving in, he decides to woo her. For example, he serenades Janet with Frank Sinatra's "You Make Me Feel So Young." The one-sided relationship is rocky. In the end, he is heartbroken when he discovers she only wanted his cookies.
    Peter talks about how he got in trouble as a kid, and we cut to a scene of the classic Dr. Seuss character The Cat in the Hat, offering to clean up the house. Peter says "No, no, just go. It'll be funny!" In the original book, the cat wrecked the house, then cleaned it up in a matter of seconds before the children's parents got home. LOL
    Great epsidoe yet again.My fav refrence is when
  • A decent episode, but it had much to be desired.

• Lois fears that Stewie needs to learn how to be social, so she sends him off to Pre-school, where he falls in love with Janet, a girl who likes his cookies. Meanwhile, Lois becomes a flight attendant, and Peter takes advantage of the free flights.

The evil monkey in Chris's closet makes his first appearance in this episode. This episode is great. Stewie falls in love with a girl named Janet. Peter on the plane is really funny especially when he makes the pillow fort and puts up the no girls allowed sign. Lois fears that Stewie needs to learn how to be social, so she sends him off to Pre-school.

Lois: A flight attendant? Wow, that does sound exciting. What made you change your mind?
    Peter: Just my desire to see you happy.
    Lois: Aww.... (hugs peter)
    Peter: And to exploit your hard labour for free travel and fun.
    Lois: What?
    Peter: Shhh... I didn't say anything. Go to sleep crazy lady.
  • Cute!

I think that this episode was very good and also very adorable! It had a very good plot and cute story line. The Stewie being in love story line was really cute I thought! I actually felt sorry for the poor kid. It was cool to see a different side of him. Stewie had a lot of funny lines in this episode. Lois and Peter getting stuck in Cuba was pretty funny too. It's probably not one of my favorite episodes, but still it was a very good one. Over all I think the episode Dammit Janet was a desent episode.
  • Yey!! Lois is so hoooot as a airhostess!!

Yeah, here's an allright episode, they had to get stewie a girl soon as they were still on the first twenty episodes and were trying to do easys like that, and the hostess thing could've been better but it was still funny. I like Stewie kinda being in love for the first time and it blowing up, one of the many steps towards homosexuality...

I liked this episode, not one I often watch on the dvds or think about, but still very funny. Oh, and one more thing they should do an episode with that guy Lois aggeed to marry, like it's illegal to say yes then not get married so they are forced to and lois becomes queen of some country. lol that'd be great!!

Oh, well, another episode nocked down!! Bye!
  • Great!

This episode is really cool, but I like particulary the story line about Peter and Lois rather than the one about Stewie and his newest crush Janet, who apparently loves him but at the end it turns out that she just want to be with himi because of the cookie, while Peter begins to fly for free around the world thanks of Lois being a maid in the airplanes and well at the end they end up in Cuba where they go to the black market in order to get back to the USA, but I think that this episode is really cool still!
  • If you get a job, who's gonna feed me and protect me from the evil monkey in my closet?

7.7
    This episode was funny but it wasn't hilarious though there are a couple of very humerous scenes such as the pilots getting "stabbed" and Peter causing trouble on the plane.

Other than that, the episode was pretty average with a few well written jokes but some weren't that funny or were too predictable.

Stewie's love for Janet and Janet's love for cookies was a solid plot, though a bit out of character and Lois the flight attendant was a good idea but wasn't pulled off as good as it could have been.

Overall, the episode wasn't bad but it could have been much better.
  • This episode is genuine family guy, an episode that makes you laugh and ask yourself "What if Kurt Cobain had quit? This episode should be be a model for the new episodes, which are heading down a track that many find plain stupid.

This episode was laugh out loud funny. Starting with Stewie at day-care. This scenario could have been a damned good episode by itself, because the thought of Stewie being in love and interacting with other children is spleen-wrenchingly funny.
    Same goes for the Lois flight attendant plot. ( I wonder if it's really that bad. I wouldn't be surprised. Stupid Pilots!) The funniest part of the episode, though, had to be Peter at the KFC. Or was it THE COMMIES? Or was it the plane fort, or the Kurt Cobain scene, or the "she's using me for my cookies" scene. You get the picture... Lotsa great scenes.
  • Stewie gets enrolled in daycare and falls in love with a girl named Janet. Peter gets Lois a job as a stewardess so he may fly for free. The plane is hijacked and they are left stranded in Cuba.

This was a superb episode, but not the best. The plot and sideplot are pretty good, as I mentioned in Summary. Some funny gags here, like Peter and Chris taking down Christmas decorations by throwing rocks, Stewie's "You Make Me Feel So Young" song, "The Communists" TV show, and so on. This episode made me feel sorry for Stewie at the end when he found out Janet only wanted him for his cookies. The flashbacks were great, as expected. The references, such as "Quit Stalin and show us your Marx" quote from "The Communists", which referenced communists Joseph Stalin and Karl Marx, were hilarious, too. Some of the jokes weren't funny, such as the joke where Lois said her life used to be exciting, and there was a flashback that wasn't funny. That and maybe 2 other jokes were not funny, but the episode is what you would expect from Family Guy.
    P.S.:Lois and Peter get home by raft in the middle of the Atlantic surrounded by refugees.
    9/10.
    ~Pharaoh2.
  • It is better to love and lost than never have loved at all... don't let her see you cry old man lol. Ok, so Stewie can understand adults and the babies and apparently the adults can understand Stewie... can the adults understand the babies that talk in t

It is better to love and lost than never have loved at all... don't let her see you cry old man lol. Ok, so Stewie can understand adults and the babies and apparently the adults can understand Stewie... can the adults understand the babies that talk in this episode?
  • the whole episode is pretty much that Lois thinks Stewie needs to be more socialable so she puts him in a daycare center while he is there he falls in love with stewie out of the house Lois feels bored and becomes a stewardesses while peter flys for free

daycare no way we all know that Stewie is fine the way he is so maybe he doesn't like people so what.Great epiosode I just thought is waz a bit out of character that Stewie fell in love i mean if your going to be the ruler of world u have no time for attachments.But still a great episode i love the part when Lois and Peter are in the black market and when Stewie is trapping the kids in the sand pit LOL anyway still a good episode not the best but good i suggest u watch it