Family Guy

Deep Throats

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 09, 2006 on FOX

7.8
  • My Least Favorite Episode in Season 4! :(

While giving credit there were some funny stuff in this episode... but still some problems as well such as Meg and Adam West dating... I find that very odd, Meg is 16 and Adam is like 50 or so... Why would they of all people get together, very, very strange. Also the fact that Brian drives past Cleveland in his Taxi Cab, It was actually funny the first Time, cause they were giving off a hidden message of racism, that Brian didn't want to forget about the milk and just drove right by with Cleveland throwing his shoe at him. At least Brian wasn't trying to be Racist, he just didn't want to forget about the milk that Lois asked for. Another Problem is when Peter is in Brian's Taxi Car getting transported to who knows where when suddenly they come across Lois up front in her Car. Peter pays Brian to ram her thus resulting into a car crash, Sure Peter is Stupid but he is not that stupid to cause a car accident Intentionally. The 4th Problem being that Brian and Stewie both Smooched when Meg and Adam pass by and Stewie replying that they should do it again sometime, I can tolerate some of Stewie's Gay Jokes, but that one is taken to a new level of gayness and coming from Stewie is not funny or cool. The 5th Problem is the fact that Lois says Brian hides away some Drugs, Okay I have problems with that too. Brian is a Good Dog, whose is reasonable and trustworthy, so he stacks away drugs in the house?! What... But at least the moral at the ending of the episode is good. Being that Brian still cares deeply for Meg and won't tell anyone about the incident that she and Adam had, resulting in a pretty Good ending for that side of the story. Now for Peter and Lois' side of the Story, not too much Problems except for the fact that they simply took Drugs to get better at singing just like they were younger. Peter I guess could be tolerated but Lois intentionally taking Drugs?! I find that wrong on so many levels. And the rest of their Story ends up in some pretty funny stuff, when they see Ice cream Land and start licking some of it only to turn out it was Chris they were licking. The Ending Joke with Stewie was not bad either at least something new coming from the writers. So that's about it, Overall it is not a bad Episode but it certainly isn't good, just an okay Episode with some good Morals in the end, like Trusting in your Friends and taking Drugs will lead into chaos. I'd say pass this episode it's nothing special.
  • Meg become an intern for Mayor West; Peter and Lois join a talent show

Meg becomes an intern for Mayor West. Brian, who is sure that the mayor is corrupt, tries to out him. Brian and Stewie, while undercover, discover that Meg is more than just an intern. Meanwhile, Peter and Lois go back to their folk singing days at a local talent show. When they begin using drugs, Chris stages an intervention. This episode was weaker than the last few episode but it is a little better than Brian Sings and Swings. Both of the plots in this episode are mixed/equal. I laughed at some of the parts (not all of them though) the family thinking Brian is the new Meg, the noid appearing and then Mayor West beat it up, Cleveland getting mad at Brian, some of the stuffs Peter and Lois did, and the ending. Overall, this episode wasn't the greatest but it was just a decently done episode. 7.5/10
  • Bad.

2.5

2.5/10

• Lol!

I loved this episode for many reasons. First off, its really funny! Peter/Lois: When Peter and Lois were all like "ah ah...ah...ah" think they singing, it was ridiculously funny!!!!!!! Honestly the funniest joke in the whole show. As proven many times, Lois is funniest when she high or drunk, lol.

Meg/Mayor West: While it was sorta wrong for them to get in a relationship... he didn't seem like he wanted to hurt Meg or force her to do anything. That's always a good thing when your dating someone older. Is it just me or does Brian like Meg a lot more than he may let on to her or anyone else? Just a doubt.

Overall, stellar episode.
  • Didn't really enjoy this one

5.5
    In this episode, Brian and Stewie are determined to expose mayor West's affair with Meg, while Peter and Lois decide to reform their psychedelic (or however it's spelled) band, Handful of Peter back together. This episode starts off weak and stays painful throughout the episode. The storyline for Brian was ok, but was really dull at times. Stewie cross-dressing as a girl (again) was bad annoying and pathetic again. Peter's story was ok, and the scenes where they get are funny, but the songs are too long here. The manatee jokes here are also really bad, with Brian refusing to give Cleveland a ride being the only good one, until you realize that this isn't the first time they did this. Overall, not the worst episode ever, but not a particularly strong one either. 5.5/10 F
  • More good stuff.

This is one of the reviews of a Family Guy episode that I have done a lot.So this episode is one of my reviews.I loved it when Cleveland got mad at Brian for not taking him to somewhere in in cab then throws a shoe at the cab.That episode was very funny and the best part of the episode.I loved it when Peter took a very big bite out of his guitar.That part of the episode was too real to be funny.This episode was really good and it was like a very good episode to make on this Family Guy.
  • Meg gets a job as an intern for Mayor West, but becomes more than an intern.

This episode is one of the best episodes of the fourth season. It was so hilarious. I especially loved the part where Peter does the skit of Burger King. It is just so funny. The part with Kermit the frog also made me laugh. This episode was very well written. It was too great. This episode alone can give this show a long run. It was very funny. Seth McFarlane is very good and hilarious when it comes to writing the script for Family Guy. Even American Dad. This episode is a series classic. It is the perfect installment to this perfect series.
  • Deep Throats is flawed and terminally random but contains some great Family Guy moments.

Brian gets a job as a Taxi driver and after an accident Peter and Lois decide to get their psychedelic band (Handful of Peter) back together. Also, Meg starts to work for and date Mayor Adam West much to the dislike of the moral Brian and the less moral Stewie. This episode begins a little layered but later tones down to 2 main stories; Brian and Stewie exposing Meg and the Mayor's affair and Peter and Lois and the reconciliation of their band. And i'm sorry to say that neither of them are that good; the one with Brian and Stewie trying to expose the affair tries to play it straight but ends up being very boring. Peter and Lois's story contains some ha ha moments in the later parts but their songs are overly long and unfunny but they effectively refresh the audience following a depressing bout from the previous storyline. The jokes are frequent but all of them stink of desperation especially with the tired jab at Tom Cruise on Oprah and the even worse one at the "Ding! Fries are done" video. Brian's running gag with Cleveland is the lone exception.
    It's pretty sad when the listless Brian is the funniest character in a town overflowing with eccentrics but in this episode, that's the case. When Brian is driving; there're some nice background effects and Peter and Lois's hallucination reaches the surreal effect that it should but apart from that this episode doesn't better the show's customary animation.

Seth Macfarlane and Alex Borstein are equally as irritating as Peter and Lois but his performance as Brian as well as Mila Kunis as Meg and Adam West as himself are suitably down - to - earth. Deep Throats is just an OK Family Guy episodes which doesn't put shame on the show but contains many moments that fall flat and aren't really interesting. I guess you can expect that from such an adventurous show.
  • An episode that had really high highs and really low lows... An average episode to say the least.

Meg becomes an intern for Mayor West. Brian, who is sure that the mayor is corrupt, tries to out him. Brian and Stewie, while undercover, discover that Meg more than just an intern. Meanwhile, Peter and Lois go back to their folk singing days at a local talent show. When they begin using drugs, Chris stages an intervention. Can Brian and Stweie save Meg from Mayor West's fake love? This episode was great and very hilarious. However, I did not like the bit about Peter and Louis's song writing for the talen show. I mean the pot thing was funny, but the songs themselves were just plan out stupid....
  • love for Meg!

7.9
    When Meg becomes Adam Wests intern brian uses this as a possibility to see whether or not the mayor is corrupt. Brian and Stewie find out that Meg and Adam are secretly dating. Brian and Stewie go undercover to get photographic evidence to confront Meg with. Peter and Lois decide to enter a talent contest and sing but they need inspiration first. the inspiration being that of marajuana. They think they sound good but Chris has to tell them that they suck
  • Meg gets a job as an intern for Mayor West, but becomes more than an intern.

• I want my own Rainforest CD..but thats all I want from this episode

5.5
    That joke was one that came from an episode that sadly I just didn't find funny enough. The Lois and Peter story was really really funny at the end and it did have some moments (especially when they were licking chris, lol!) but it took so long to get to the funny parts.

Secondly the whole Mayor West thing was boring, I just didn't see any humour in it (apart from a few Stewie jokes as a drag queen) but since that had nothing to do with the Mayor West Meg relationship it doesn't really count.

Brian really was the only highlight in this episode. He really added a few good jokes and I was interested by what he was doing and saying. His joke with Cleveland and not picking him up was the best of the show and will probably stick with me for a long time.

Overall, it had some jokes but I dont really recommend it. It just wasn't funny enough from what I expect from Family Guy.
  • Brian tries to convince Meg that Mayor West is corrupt when she starts working for him. Peter and Lois begin taking drugs to relive their musical days.

This opens up with Brian jobless and Meg announcing she works for mayor west, the family laughs calling Brian the new Meg. “yer you’re the new me ahahah.. “Shut up meg”. Lmao denied best line by Peter. The part I really had a laugh and a half was the Uncle Sam part near the end. “This story will be as big as uncle Sam’s nipples”. The look on those two guys faces in the sauna is priceless I laughed so hard, it’s a complete pis..s.ser. “Jeez what the hell” its followed by Adam West and Meg watching teenage mutant ninja turtles in a cheap hotel room, so odd but amusing at the same time, they actually make a good pair its uncanny.
  • Propaganda that gives a black eye to the entire series.

On the whole, the episode was generally amusing. My issue with this episode is so great it taints the entire series forever. After journalist Daniel Forbes revealed the government had been paying to have anti-drug messages in their TV shows to spread misinformation and propaganda about drugs, I was horrified to see that The Family Guy was the latest to sell out. It is amazing that much of the greatest music of the last 50 years was composed and often performed under the influence of illegal drugs, yet we are supposed to believe that they only inspire incomprehensible wails. Incidentally, the anti-marijuana speech by Chris was filled with gross inaccuracies. What a huge disappointment.
  • THis was a good episode. Meg and Adam West had a job together, the NOID was cute, and it\'s a A+

I love the NOID in this episode,and how Adam West beATS the **** out of the retarded bunny. I think Meg and the mayor had a little relationship going for them there. It was interesting, because I liked when Cleveland yelled ***** to Brian because instead of doing his job, Brian went to pick up milk. Be sure to read my other reviews. I just thought this episode was a masterpiece, even though the character of Adam West in this one was very low and pathetic. Thank you for reading.
  • This is a awsome episode.

This episode is so funny. I love it. It is one of my favorites.

Meg gets a new job at mayor West's office. Brian hates mayor West and wants him to go to jail so he follows him and spys on him. It turns out that he is secretly dating Meg. Brian takes pictures of Meg and mayor West together. Then he shows them to Meg. Meg is upset. After spying on them for a while later, he relizes that he was wrong to spy on them. He ripes up the pictures.

Peter and Lois decide to enter a talent show. They decide to sing. They aren't that good so they smoke some weed. They think they are really good, but they actully suck. When they are at the talent show, all they are doing is screaming, but they think they singing good. Chris is in the audience and tells them that they suck. Peter and Lois decide to stop smoking weed. Everything is back to normal.

I give this episode a 9.8 out of 10.
  • I was just watching this special on VH1 about Gwen Stefani. I don't know what a hollaback girl is, all I know is I want her dead.

This episode started out as if it was a classic episode from the previous seasons with great jokes involving Brian getting a job and Meg getting a job but soon turned into the purposeful indecent plot that Family Guy now does just to cross the line - when you see Peter and Lois baked and naked, you can tell it is not one of the old episodes!

However, the jokes that come out of that plot are funny at times but tended to go on too long.

Brian and Meg were terrific in this episode aswell as some very amusing lines from Adam west so I rated this episode a little higher than it is probably worth but it does have more laughs than most of the season 4 episodes.
  • While hardly a breath of fresh air, it's better then some of the episodes of late.

7.6
    Late season 4 has been rather off...this episode is no exception, even though it was not a bad episode it was hardly the quality Family Guy usually has to offer. This episode is about Brian getting a job as a Taxi driver after finding out Meg has a job working for Mayor West...when Brian recives a excessively over priced parking ticket Brian is convinced that Mayor West is corrupt and start spying on him...while doing so he finds out that Meg and Mayor West are actually dating. Meanwhile Peter and Lois try to start up folk singing again for a local tallent competition and start taking drugs like they were on back then.

This episode my not be the most enspired episode and you can feel that this episode did lack alot of what made the show great but it did have it's moments...enough to sustain it but it hardly is what I'd come to expect from Family Guy and I really hope the show lifts it's self from this dry spot.
  • Slow, tedious, unfunny, totally disappointing. Was I actually watching an episode of Family Guy?

1.9
    When Alex Borstein penned this episode, she clearly forgot which show she was working on. While Family Guy has become a huge success because of its rapidfire screwball style, Borstein delivers a series of unfunny scenes which worsen things by dragging on for way too long.

Peter Griffin singing "ding, fries are done" is not funny the first time, and it had me reaching for the remote after what felt like a couple of thousand repetitions. The equally dull hippie band scene stretches for geological epochs, and the talent show sequence falls ponderously flat (although the Griffins' song was up to the towering musical standard which is a hallmark of this show).

And why the flippin' flip did Chris suddenly morph into an erudite anti-marijuana spokesperson who lectures his parents on the evils of the Killer Weed? This is Family Guy, for flip's sake. The whole family should have been sitting cross-legged around a communal bong, swaying and singing the praises of ganga.

Alex Borstein is an excellent voice actor who sings beautifully and makes me laugh with her dialogue as Lois, and as far as I have heard she is a terrific gag writer and producer, but her debut as scriptwriter was extremely disappointing.

PS - yes, I watched a downloaded version of this episode which hasn't been aired in Australia yet, but I'll buy the DVD when it becomes available.
  • I found this episode shallow and phadantic

Not much happend. There needs to be more random gags. The crazy rabbit thing that mayor West worked over was funny. It was basically about Brian trying to bring down mayor west for all his scandels and his abuse of power. Then he realizes Meg likes mr west so he stops his attempt to bring him down. I think thats retarted, It would have been more funny if he pretended to stop but still did it anyway, Meg is the B**ch noone loves her.
  • Probably the only episode of family guy i\'ve ever stopped watching mid-show.

This had to be the worst Family Guy they\'ve made. And what makes it worse it that it came out right between South Park\'s Cartoon Wars 2 part story that made fun of Family Guy. Now as far as Trey Parker and Matt Stone\'s reasons for hating Family Guy, I don\'t agree because why does a show have to follow a certain format to be funny?

But I cannot defend this particular episode because it was horrible and doesn\'t compare to episodes from the pre-cancelled days. More and more the show has two separate story lines that have nothing to do with each other (in this one, Brian tries to uncover a scandal, while Peter and Lois get high). In an episode earlier in the year the story lines were Brian going to college and Peter and his friends going around as the A-Team, and they sloppily tried to tie it together in the end.

I miss episodes where one Griffin\'s actions dictated events for another Griffin, like an episode where the neighborhood was turned against one another and Meg kept bringing Stewie to her job as a waitress in order to get better tips because she was a single mother living in a terrible house. Then when people investigated her claims, they asked the neighbors their thoughts on the Griffins and of course they said that they were horrible people.

I agree with others in that the jokes just weren\'t as good as they usually were. I found nothing funny about Peter and Lois getting high and falling around. That was just all lame humor. I seriously left the room when the show was still on for the first time ever during Family Guy.

I think Adam West should just move in with the family or have his own spin-off show because they write the best for him. Just have him and Death go on crazy mis-adventures.
  • are you guys kidding me?

this show has become unwatchable garbage.it was an amazing show for 3 years,it came back strong and now has ran out of steam to the point of breaking.Make new jokes up.The shows the characters are watching arent even on anymore.it would be funny if the jokes were fresh ,since after all the characters are based in the present,why not make jokes about stuff now.NoT a character watching \'Jem\' and saying \"you truly are outragous\" ,i said that when I was a kid.It was funny then,not now.I know we like the show,but we shouldnt like it to like it.
  • Ha ha ha. You're funny.

First off, Whoa. Whoa. This was the first episode written by Alex Borstein and it was a great one. Starts out with Brian watching the telly and becoming the new Meg. "You're the new Meg!" "Yeah, you're the new me!" "Shut up, Meg." Classic stuff like that. Then Peter and Lois start to smoke "Pot" for some "inspiration." Brian and Stewie go deeper into Mayor West and Meg's "hook-up" and talk to an unknown person (Kermit the Frog) and they finally get to the bottom of the scandal while Peter and Lois thought they did wonderfully at the talent show but were terrible. Chris explains why. Marijuana makes your testicles smaller. How do like that, Barry Bonds?
  • After meg gets a job at the mayors office, stewie and brian set out to uncover Mayor Wests corruption, meanwhile Lois and Peter get into the green and have large stage ambitions

There were a lot of peopel that didnt like this episode...but all i can say was did they see the deep throat scene with kermit...I laughed my A** off for about five minutes after that. the whole peter lois thing was kind of classic stupid stoner jokes, but in true family guy form, the lecture chris gives them is totally opposite to what one expects. more episodes with stewie and brian and get peters boys back in on some of the action- i think quagmire and joe make for agood support cast and clevland always has a classic line..-not the best, but that one scene saved the episode
  • A typical yet funny storyline.

Deep throats starts out with the usual dumb things happening like the tv show. Peter once again shuts down meg for being her (or for calling brian her). Later we find out that Mayor Adam West and Meg are in a relationship...which is a bit of a surprise but is still funny(because it's meg). Brian and stewie are trying to reveal Adam West so they go to meet an "unknown" source (kermit the frog) to find out more about Adam. they catch Meg and Adam and threaten to expose them if meg didn't stop seeing him. Meanwhile, Peter and Lois are smokin' weed for "inspiration" so they can sing at the telent show. They think they do really good, but they were only screaming at the audience. Overall it was a good classic Family Guy episode.
  • 8uyb 989898y 98y 98y 998y 98y 9p p98u8 9 8u98 u98u 98u 9 u098u 98u 98 9 9y8 9y8 98y 9 98y 9y8 9 y9 y9y 98y9 y9y 9 y9 9y 9y 89 98y9py 8ty7r67i 8y 8y 87

uiyg iuli uh li u lih i iu hiuh ih uhi u iuhiuh iu i iu iu iu iu iu iu iuh iy ifufd yfuy u ut ygi8ut8uy u8t uy uyg u ut utg iug 8it787t7d dyu7tut 8ut t 8t7;p lh g8ut8t8 t 87t 87iy7 8t97 i i9y 9y89 9y9y8897y 9p9 oi
  • Not quite the usual, an ALEX BORESTEIN episode...

Well, it was a weird episode, and most of the humor didn\'t make me laugh, I laughed at the Peter and Lois playing the guitar, and thought the songs were very intresting and funny. I laughed at the part where Stewie told meg she was pretty, which was also kind of funny. I picked up most of the refrences like the part about the Noid. But something just didn\'t seem right, the story didn\'t really draw me in like a usual episode, and it just didn\'t seem right... alot of the jokes missed for me.
  • Stop, Stop, cease, desist, for the love of god no more please. AAAAAGGHHHHH!!

Family Guy has officially fallen into the abyss. It's over. Call it, time of death 4/9/06. This is a travesty, everyone please watch South Park Cartoon Wars ep 1 and 2 they've got Family guy's number.

Ring Ring.. Ring Ring...

Family Guy: Hello

South Park: Hi, just calling to inform you in case you weren't aware, your random interchangeable scenes aren't relevant to the plot.

Famliy Guy: Thanks, your input as a Fox viewer is valuable to us here at Fox but I don't think it's going to influence the writing staff... they're manitees, sea cows, the worlds most highly adept mammals at selecting random pop culture references and they don't appreciate criticism.
  • It's been a good season so for.

This was the best episode in a while, I ebjoyed watching it. The episode was about Meg winning an internship the mayor Adam West. Brian gets a
    $400 ticket, and is out to prove that Mayor West is corrupt. Brian and Stewie decide to go undercover, and spy on him at a motel, very funny scene where Stewie asks Brian what he sees
    after he spys. "What did you see", "A grown man laughing at cartoons." Great scene. They find out Meg is having an affair with the mayor. The
    other storyline is about Peter and Lois entering a talent contest. Funny episode, best in a while.

7.4
    I have been watching family guy since it's first episode and have seen all of the episodes. Personally I think this season has been great with some alright episodes here and there. But, what tv show doesnt have a bad episode here or there besides 24. However this was one of the worst episodes of family guy ever. So bad i'm actually making a review of itI love how family guy is random and has about...what? 20 flashbacks an episode. But, these flashbacks were just way to long and way not funny. None of them made me laugh. There were like one or two funny parts, just enough for me to say 7.4. But, if im honest probably the episode was a 6... I just love this show to much to actually put that.
< 1 2