Family Guy

Dog Gone

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 29, 2009 on FOX

6.9
  • Brian realizes again that his writing career is going nowhere so he drinks too much. On the way home he accidentally kills a dog and buries it in the yard next door. After Stewie torments him he finds out no one cares he killed a dog. Uh Oh!!!

This was a decent episode of Family Guy. The bits with PETA, the meeting to change how people see animals, and finally the new maid were all pretty funny in one way or another.

The maid was probably the highlight of the show though. Everyone felt so awkward that they just let her do her own thing. Poor Chris had to share his bed and she stole little Stewie's play money. :) The bit with the radio with Peter was pretty good as well.

The dog section of the episode was not as good as I imagined it was going to be. Sometimes Brian's preachy attitude can be very funny. Sometimes not. The whole bit with the confession and then Peter grabbing the gun. That was funny! Also later at the meeting when the whole subject of eating dogs came up. I don't think Brian was thinking this was the way the meeting would go.

A decent episode that could have been really funny. I'm not sure what was missing, but maybe a little more Stewie tormenting Brian was called for? An enjoyable episode just the same though. Thanks for reading...