Family Guy

Dog Gone

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 29, 2009 on FOX

6.9
  • Great episode

Brian accidentally ran over a dog and he finds out that dog is dead so he buries the dog. Brian decides to confess to everyone in the household and Joe (since he is the policeman). They all laugh because they said it isn't a crime to kill a dog and Brian didn't like it when no one cared about the value of a dog's life. The plot to this episode was great and well-written. One of the better Family Guy episodes this season. I laughed at some scenes but the scene I can remember laughing hard was the cutaway with Stewie reading the "Curious George" book. Stewie saw Brian crying in the bathtub so Stewie decides to help Brian by grabbing his collar and taking it to pretend that Brian was dead from being burned from a fire. Peter, Lois, Meg, and Chris find out that Brian was dead (which he really isn't) and Stewie gets Brian and wanted to show the four of them crying. Peter, Lois, Meg, and Chris hugging and crying made Brian realize that they do care about the value of a dog's life (well... at least Brian's life). Overall, despite everyone not caring about the value of a dog's life (which is the reason my score isn't higher), this was a great episode and the plot was well-written from Seth MacFarlane and the other writers. 8.5/10