Family Guy

E. Peterbus Unum

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jul 12, 2000 on FOX

• another excellent episode

The town zoning laws won't allow Peter to build a pool in his yard. When he tries to get a permit, he discovers that his property is actually not part of Quahog, and therefore not part of the United States. Armed with this new information, Peter makes his land his own country, calling it Petoria. When Peter gets no respect in the United Nation, he decides to invade Joe's pool, which brings the U.S. Army to his border. The Griffins can only survive so long without water, electricity, heat, or access to the United States, and finally, Lois and the kids leave President Peter, along with Brian, to his third-world country. Peter finally repatriates only a week after seceding. Another execellent episode of FG. Another top 5 episode for season 2. I liked the song that Peter sang ("Can't Touch Me") and it was catchy. I LOL'd at the skeletion (which had Peter's voice) cutaway, Adam West's appearance, Peter screwing the power (in which Joe's Tv and that chick in which Quagmire was talking to turned off), and maybe three more scenes. Overall, an excellent episode. 10/10
  • An excellent season 2 episode!

I thought this was an excellent episode, and it was one of the best of season 2 I've seen! The storyline was very interesting, and the humor was great, especially in the first half. I thought the Charlie Brown reference and the skeleton cutaway were hilarious, and I also loved Peter's reaction to not getting the refund and the song. the torture cutaway and the ferris wheel cutaway were also really funny. The ending was also great. So, overall, I thought this was a pretty great episode, and my overall grade is an A+! Marebear2009, out!
  • Can't touch me

What I liked:

-Can't touch me

9/10

• One of the many best episodes

Peter wants to build a pool in his backyard, but the town zoneing laws wont permit it. They discover that Peter's house isn't part of The US, so Peter makes his own country, called "Petoria". Peter becomes the ambassador/president of Petoria, and takes advantage of it, by doing whatever he wants, even singing MC Hammer's "Can't touch this", while destroying the town. It's too bad that MC hammer can't sue. The US army decides to go to war with Petoria, and Peter decideds to fight back. The rest of the family leaves Petoria, and Peter ends the whole thing.

This was a great episode. There were so many great scenes, like the torture cutaway, the pool party with the terrorists, and The song.

Overall Grade: 95%/A-
  • Remarkable for one scene.

As everybody seems to agree, one of the best episodes of Family Guy. It's fast, it's silly and it dares to be tasteless. The plot may not be original (Passport To Pimlico springs to mind), but plots are never that important to this show.

The show is generally not renowned for its technical qualities or originality, and still only in its second season it probably didn't have the budget to experiment. But there's a scene here that totally amazed me with its combined use of visual intelligence and comedy timing. Once Peter has declared his house a separate country, the power company cuts off the electricity. Peter, Lois and Stewie have to make do with flash lights attached to their foreheads. What we get to see is just what appears in the beams of these three torches. While they talk, their eyes (light beams) wander off and you get two levels of conversation/thought. Stewie appears in the background and his actions are purely suggested by sound and his light beam. Whoever came up with this perfect comedy scene deserves a raise.
  • One of the best!

This was one of the best Family Guy episodes ever! In this episode, Peter decides to build a pool and when he tries to get a permit, he finds out that his property isn't a part of Quahog. So with this new information, Peter decides to start his own country and calls it Petoria. When Peter gets no respect from the United Nations, he decides to invade Joe's pool, which results in the US Army coming to his border. They decide to cut the power to try to make Peter surrender. So finally, Lois and the kids decide to leave Petoria. Overall, I think that this is one of the best episodes of Family Guy.
  • great

peter makes his own country 'petoria', and at first, all is good. but he gets no respect from anyone else. he takes over joe's pool and soon the army traps him and his family in their home. what will they do?

pretty good and funny episode. it starts off really well but the last few minutes of the episode kind of bore me. i don't know why. but the first half is really good. my overall grade for this episode is in the "B" range. good first half, kind of boring second half, i think so anyway. good not great
  • One of my all time favorites!

This episode is just amazing! Truly incredible! I loved the idea that 31 Spooner Street became its own nation, and was not regarded as part of Quahog.

I loved it when Peter tried to claim Joe's pool as the newest province of Petoria, Johio!

It was also very funny at the pool party, with all of the dictators and notorious terrorists!

It was also awesome when the United States government cut electricity, food and water supply to the Petorian people, sending them into 'a third world country'!

To conclude, this is one of my favorite episodes of Family Guy, and to think that all this started because of a pool!
  • A classic episode regarding Petoria but I'm going to have to take five points off my score because of the very last scene

Family Guy shows one of the greatest episodes yet, well it would if only the last scene never happened. Yes, it's like this episode never happened (In my opinion) because let's face it, the story of Petoria happened 200 years ago?! What's up with that?

One thing that stood out were the constant use of Peter's amazing flashbacks. When they were totured = crack-up, or the time when Brian's been with Peter through worse times - ROFL. However, my personal favorite was the "Can't touch this" scene, an absolute classic!

The Petoria country was quite an interesting one. Peter Grffin decided to have his own new country in the land of the United States, because his house didn't show up on a specified map of existing houses.

Joe was quite funny too, but it felt like quite a weird episode, and it wouldn't be the first one either - that was "Da Boom" which was disappointing, because the events never happened. This episode was similar, but much better.

Overall, a good-all-around storyline with a hell of a lot of humour. If only that final scene wasn't there...
  • Peter finds out his house and property don't belong to America, so he makes his own country.

A very funny episode," E Peterius Unum" devels into jokes about everything to third world countries, the U.N, and even Jacqueline Kennedy. Besides being funny it's just an interesting episode to think about. To have your own country no matter what the size is an interesting idea and who better to mess it up than Peter Griffin, an idiot beyond words. I like how the episode was handled and how it showed the U.S dealing with the problem. A naked Bill Clinton with no funny lines makes for a laugh too. What's sure to be a series classic in the Family Guy series, "E Peterius Unum" will leave you something to remember.
  • One of the best Family Guy episodes out there!!!

E. Peterbus Unum is an awesome episode. Well, Peter can't build a pool in his backyard, and after confronting the mayor, he finds out that his house is not on the map. So, Peter creates his own country, ruled by him and his family. It's called... Petoria. Well, after a meeting with the United Nations, he is an outcast, and is told to do something that will make him proven to be one of the best leaders out there. He invades Joe's pool, and the United States thinks that they are invaded by Petoria, and try to stop the Griffins. Well, Peter has to try to deal with this problem, which is described by me... INSANE.
    This episode featured Peter's song, Can't Touch Me, which is a spoof of Can't Touch This. It was a really funny show.

10/10 AWESOME, I hope the creators make more episodes that have the same touch as this one.
  • loved the song Peter sang 'Can't touch me'

This is such an exciting funny action pacted episode with so much going on and it all starts when Peter gets audited by the Internal Revenue Service and is denied a tax refund. His plans to build a backyard pool is further derailed when a request for a zoning variance leads to Mayor Adam West revealing that Peter's house is not even part of the United States.

Peter declares his house to be the new microstate of "Petoria". He spends a night in Quahog insulting a bartender and bringing beer out into the streets, stepping on grass that can't be touched, and violating numerous laws such as littering, sexual harassment, and vandalism. He flaunts his diplomatic immunity by singing a parody of MC Hammer's song "U Can't Touch This" and mentions that he can't be sued by Hammer.

Snubbed at the United Nations, Peter follows the advice of a diplomat from Iraq and annexes Joe's pool, calling it "Joe-hio." Days later, when Chris tries to go to school, he is turned away because the United States military surrounds and blockades the nation of Petoria with tanks and missiles as part of "Operation: Desert Clam." Further, all electricity and water has been cut and Lois home schools the kids. Peter is forced into negotiating for a repatriation, after Lois and the children leave him to the US, under the threat of "Operation: Bomb the Crap Out of Your House" (according to the General, "the guy who makes up the names is on vacation" and "my grammar sucks"). After some negotiations, Peter ends up repatriating his country and returning Joe's pool. Grateful to Peter, Lois promises to scratch his back with a matchbook every night. In the end, all the events of the episode turn out to have been filmed and used ever since in social studies classes 200 years in the future.

I loved the scene at the end were the future kid says 'so can the parents understand the talking baby lol.'Also loved the song Peter sang 'Can't touch me'
  • I was amazed at this episode!

I just recently bought the Family Guy Vol. 1 DVD, and I looked through to see what the episodes were about. The one I was most looking forward to- was this one. And I have to say, when I got around to watching it, I wasn't disappointed.

I love the " Peter Griffin Bump." And when he was singing " Can't Touch Me." I was laughing at that, and it will be one of the Family Guy musical numbers I will remember, for as long as I watch Family Guy, and maybe a little bit after. They were golden.

9.7 out of 10. What can I say? Outstanding, amazing episode, one of the best of Season 2, and maybe one of the best of the whole series.
  • One of the best Family Guy episodes in the whole series.... So flippen sweet...

• This... episode... is... great!

Ah my seventh favourite episode in the entire series it is finnaly time to reveiw you, I truly love this one, it is so awesome, I mean what's better then Peter learning his house is not part of the US and then making his own counrty, not much, this episode is really funny, especially after the house's power goes off and the family has to get around with those hardhats with torches on them and at the end where the teacher in space teaches history and one of the students asks "So can they hear the baby or...?" and the other students wonder. A series classic indeed we need more like this one!! :D
  • Peter secedes from the Union

"Can't Touch Me"
    Just like the bad guy from Lethal Weapon 2
    I've got diplomatic immunity, so Hammer cannot sue
    I can write graffiti, even jaywalk in the street
    I can riot, loot, not give a hoot, and touch your sister's teat Can't touch me!

Stop! It's Peter time
    I'm a big shot, there's no doubt
    Light a fire then pee it out
    Don't like it, kiss my rump
    For a second, let's all do the bump
    Yea do the Peter Griffin Bump

I'm Presidential Peter
    Interns think I'm hot
    Don't care if your handicapped
    I'll still park in your spot
    I've been around the world
    >From Hartford to Backbay
    It's Peter, go Peter, MC Peter, yo Peter
    Let's see Regis rap this way Can't touch me!

Except you, you can touch me.
  • Peter secedes from the USA

One of my favorite Family Guy songs:
    Ju-Ju-Ju-Ju-Just like the bad guy from Lethal Weapon 2
    I've got diplomatic immunity, so Hammer, you can't sue
    I can write graffiti, even jaywalk in the street
    I can riot, loot, not give a hoot, even touch your sister's teat Can't touch me!

Stop! Peter time!
    I'm a big shot, there's no doubt
    Light a fire, then pee it out
    Don't like that? Kiss my rump
    Just for a second, let's all do the bump
    Yea do the Peter Griffin Bump

I'm Presidential Peter
    Interns think I'm hot
    Don't care if your handicapped
    I'll still park in your spot
    I've been around the world
    From Hartford to Backbay
    It's Peter, go Peter, MC Peter, yo Peter
    Let's see Regis rap this way Can't touch me!
    Except you - you can touch me.
  • Best episode of family guy yet. Very Entertaining

Peter gets audited by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service and is denied a tax refund. His plans to build a backyard pool are further derailed when a request for a zoning variance leads to Mayor Adam West revealing that Peter\'s house is not even part of the United States.

Peter declares his house to be the new micronation of \"Petoria\" and spends a night in Quahog violating numerous laws to exploit his diplomatic immunity.
    The flag of \"Petoria\"
    Enlarge
    The flag of \"Petoria\"

On the advice of the diplomat from Iraq, he annexes Joe\'s pool and calls it \"Joe-hio\". The United States then blockades the nation of Petoria and Peter is forced into negotiating for a repatriation, after Lois and the children leave him under the threat of \"Operation bomb-the-crap-out-of-your-house\" (According to the General, \"the guy who makes up the names is on vacation\"). In the end, the whole episode turns out to be a video in a social studies class 200 years in the future.
  • When Peter finds out he cant build a swimmming pool and is not part of the U.S., a new country is born!

This episodes were one of my favorites. All the jokes were classic down to the scene in the dark where Stewie eyes the knife back and forth to Lois' back to the part where the Third World Country leaders come for a barbeque party. I have to say this is an episode you canNOT miss. An instant 10.
  • The best episode of Family Guy ever!

As the summary says that this is one of the best episodes of Family Guy, is simply one of the best episodes that I have ever watch, in order to put his pool, Peter goes to the mayor office where he discovers that he is no resident of the United States and he is actually another country, a country he calls Petoria, this episode is such a cool episode, and undoubtedly is one of the best episodes of the FAmily Guy series!
  • This episode is what makes Family Guy what it is.

Peter is allowed to create his own country due to some problems involved with the zoning laws. He creates Petoria, the smallest country ever. This episode is so well written and is a classic Family Guy episode. The first 3 seasons of Family Guy are the best and they deserve to be. They have the most memorable moments and episodes throughout the series. E. Peterbus Unum is a fine example of one of these memorable episodes. If you just got hooked on this show, go back to this episode, watch it, and try not to bust a gut from laughing so hard.
  • This is a hilarious episode!

This episode is so funny. This is well written. Whoever came up with the idea for this episode is a genius.

Peter wants a pool and he can't get a permit because Peter's house isn't in the United States. His neighbors are in the USA but just his property isn't. He decides to make his own country. He names it Petoria. A bunch of funny things happen including a hilarious song that Peter sings that is making fun of MC Hammer's "Can't Touch This". The song is called "Can't Touch Me". Then the US army attacks the small country and Peter surrenders. Everything is back to normal. Then there is this really stupid ending. It's like the end of "Da Boom".

I give this episode a 9.2 out of 10.
  • MY GOD!!!!

This is THE best episode of series 2 and maybe even of the entire show. Peter G getting his own country and anyone who watches this show must know its gonna be great. The "cant touch me" dance and song was suberb. Peter getting confused for the District Anterney and then getting attacked by Adam West because of it was Great. But even better was the great dialouge in the episode, the scipt writting skills were a there peak here, every joke is fantastic and i can watch theis episode OVER and OVER and OVER agian and i would still love it.
  • I can remember discussing with my Friends, what would happen if someone was granted their own country barely a day before I first saw this one. This is my Favourite Family Guy Episode.

It has to be the humour and interesting concepts that are throughout this episode that makes it one of the best. The mere concept of Peter running his own country calls for disaster but when he is influenced by the Iraqui representitive to the UN to take what he wants for respect we figure that Peter will just build his own pool, but instead, he takes control of His Neighbors pool, which gets the US military involved. This almost ludacris plot line is a basis for many of the laughs given in the episode. There are also quite a few Satirical references in this episode, with Clinton being drawn Naked because he is considered a sex pervert, The involvement of the US military for such a small problem and making fun of the Generals Grammar can be considered Subtle attacks at the US government.

All in all it was a great episode and its exactly why I watch this series.
  • If anyone wants to see Family Guy at its best, see this episode!

This episode is truly brilliant! I've seen nothing like it! It's just too good for words!
    Anyway, the best part is definately either the Bugs Bunny/ "retarded rabbit" part or the 'you can't touch this' parody 'you can't touch me'. Why would ANYONE let Peter be the President of his own house? He can't even look after himself. :D

An out of this world episode which will make you laugh from start to finish!
  • Can I tie you to a stick and use you as a white flag?

This episode is very original with great lines such as Peter's riddle of a homicidal maniac threatening to kill just one of your kids (the answer is the ugly one - Peter must have learnt that riddle at the Beautiful People's club in the episode before) and great visual scenes like Cleaveland's trampoline not working when the power was cut and great music like the "Can't touch me" song and since Peter has diplomatic immunity, Hammer can not sue.

This episode was very funny with gags such as Johio and the name maker on vacation and really makes the episode a classic.
  • Peter's friends have gotten tax refunds, but he's not entitled to a refund. He wanted a pool. He tries to make his own pool, but his house is too close to the curb, so he can't. He discovers his family isn't part of the US, so he becomes his

I enjoyed this episode, especially Peter singing "Can't Touch Me", which is a parody of M.C. Hammer's song "Can't Touch This." That was gold! That flashback for when Lois was implying another dog was something they didn't need, like a pool, with Jasper saying, "Hi, do you guys have any Cheez Doodles? (honk honk) See, that's what I do. I ask for a snack, and then I blow the horn." was also good.
    The other things I got a laugh out of were Peter annexing Joe's pool and calling it "Johio", That General saying, "Attention President Griffin! As you may presently be aware of, my grammar sucks. We will now begin with Operation: 'Bomb The Crap Out Of Your House'. The guy who thinks up names is on vacation. " was, and at the beginning where Peter asks Brian a riddle. "A woman has two children. A homicidal maniac tells her she can only keep one. Which one does she let him kill.
    Brian: That's not a riddle. That's just terrible.
    Peter: Wrong! The ugly one!
    Peter's flashback where he says his ancestor helped create one of the world's most beloved cartoon characters and the one with Peter selling his body to science were two flashbacks worth mentioning.
    I enjoyed the plot, too. One of the best. I didn't like how Peter said pointless stuff about Special K and Kaye Ballard. That and the whole thing with Peter being laughed at/made fun of at the United Nations meeting, were not funny. Other than that, it was a sweet episode.
    ~Pharaoh2.
  • My favorite episode !!!!!!!!!

My favorite episode!!!!!!!!!

I am from Serbia and I could not stop laughing when Slobodan Miloshevic appeared in the episode. And the names of the American military operations “”Bomb the crap out of your house” and the explanation “The guy that writes the names is on vacation” and missing the house from the distance of 20ft. Not to mention the “Can’t touch me song”.
  • Can touch this.

The best episode I've seen so far is about Peter turning the house into a third world country with a catchy song and complete disregard for Joe's pool cause the Section Eight, Word One of the Geneva Convention states "The", so tough luck for Swanson. HA! This episode is one true laugh riot and have loads of memorable quotes.

"Who did that, Jeffy, not me!"
    "Let's see hands for Bugs Bunny, and some hands for Ephram, the retarted rabbit?"
    "I got $600 bucks, I got $ 850, I got a rock!"

• This is the very best ep ever. If you want someone hooked on Family Guy have them watch this ep.

Wow, so much great in this ep. Check out the quotes for good laughs.

Peter: Well, I\'m gettin\' something really special too. And by special I don\'t mean special like that Kleinaman boy down the street. More special like... like Special K, the cereal. Hey, what do they do with the regular K? And for that matter, what ever happened to K. Ballard? You know, if you said mallard and you had a cold, it would sound like ballard.
    Brian: Do you listen to yourself when you talk?
    Peter: I drift in and out.

Awesome song too, absolute classic. I hope they release a cd of the best inshow songs sometime.
< 1 2