Family Guy

Family Guy Viewer Mail No. 1

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Feb 14, 2002 on FOX

• Viewer Mail should be real.

An interesting trilogy that couldn't get better if the writers tried.
  • first episode of FGVM

In a special three-story episode, Brian reads viewer mail and tries to answer profound questions. I thought this episode was excellent. All segments were hilarious. There is actually gonna be another FGVM episode later this season. So let me write my review for each segments. No Bones about it: Peter tries to grant three wishes. After 3 wishes, he became boneless, which was hilarious especially when he got trapped in the escator. and a few more parts. As for Supergriffins, it was a little funnier than No Bones about it. The Griffins trying to become superheroes was a very good and funny idea. The funniest power was definilty when Stewie has psychic power. And Lil Griffins, it involves the gang as children. My least favorite segment but there were still funny parts like Death's appearance, Tom and Diane's appearance, the ghost part, etc. All in all, this episode was perfect. 10/10
  • One of the best episodes ever.

"No Bones About it"

Peter rubs a beer bottle and a Genie pops out to grant him three wishes. Peter first wishes that Jackie Gleason wasn't dead. A zombie-like Gleason terrorizes the Griffins until Stewie blasts it dead. His second wish is for his own theme music. Peter then wishes he didn't have any bones. The Genie transforms him into a gelatin blob and he can no longer have sex. Upset, Peter flushes himself down the toilet and winds up in Hollywood. He meets a doctor who tells him about a re-boning procedure. Peter gets the operation, which turns out came from bones donated from his own family.

"Super Griffins"

"Li'l Griffins"

The Griffins as the Little Rascals. Kid versions of Peter, Joe, and Brian decide that they don't need girls. When they first meet Lois however, they quickly abandon their anti-girl sentiment. In school, Lois reads a book touting the virtues of bravery, and Peter and Quagmire try to prove who's the bravest by staying in a haunted house overnight.

I loved every minute of this episode

No Bones about it: 10/10

Supergriffins- 11/10

Lil' Griffins- 9.5/10

OVERALL: 10/10

• Great trilogy of episodes!

This was a great episode trilogy!

No Bones About It: This was my least favorite out of the three shorts. I like it, but I just don't think it's as funny as the others. The only part I really liked was the beginning, and Peter's theme music. It's just okay to me.

Grade: B-

Super Griffins: My favorite out of the three! I loved the story, and it had a lot of hilarious parts. My favorite part was the Britney Spears gag. An excellent short.

Grade: A

Li'l Griffins: Not as good as Super Griffins, but still pretty funny. The entire haunted house scene was great, and the ending was really funny. Another great short.

Grade: A-

An overall hilarious episode trilogy.

Grade: A-
  • I this special edition episode, they feature 3 episodes that were suggested by audience and writers. They are; super-griffins, bone-less, and baby griffins

Super Griffins: a tanker truck that is carrying toxic waste falls off and lands on the griffins front yard. Not knowing what it is, they open it and toxic waste goes all over them. They then accumulate super powers. Lois gets super strength, chris gets fire power, peter gets morphing ability, stewie gets telecanisess, brian gets super speed and meg has the amazing ability to grow her fingernails...
    They let the powers go to their heads and they use their powers for their own gain.
    PETER: "Lois said not to use our powers for our own gain... but i guess doing the exact opposit couldn't hurt".

Baby Griffins: This shows the gang when they where small kids in school. it shows how peter first met Lois and how they all went there ways. Quagmire and Peter wanted to impress lois with courage so they decided to stay at the haunted house for a night. They all flunked out and NED GOLDMAN ended up with lois (she said she liked smartness more than courage).
    HOWEVER!!! this episode does not make any sense. In this episode, Joe is being carried around in a wheel barrow but in a different episode, he breaks his legs as an adult!
    AND brian didnt know them then!

BONE-LESS: in this episode peter opens his beer to find a genie. he uses his first wish willingly and uses his 2nd for his own theme music. When sitting on a bus with the theme music running, someone gets ticked off at him and says "i'm gonna break every bone in your body" so Peter wishes that he didnt have any bones. When he gets home and over hears his wife talking he says to himself " i may have screwed up my life, but im not going to screw up theirs" so he flushes himself down the drain and ends up in hollywood where he is used as a human stuntbag. a professor then finds him and offers him to participate in a new experiment he's doing which is implanting bones to a body. the operating is a complete success and Peter then finds out that the bones they put in him where his families bones!!!
    WHAT A HAPPY ENDING
  • Stewie and Brian show clips from viewer fan mail. These fan letters ask to see what it would be like if "Peter found a genie lamp", "What would the griffens be like with super powers", and "What the whole gang was like as children."

I thought this was overall a good episode, I liked the "little rascal" part. I thought that it was cute to see these big personalities as children. You could really imagine that that is exactly as each person would have acted if they knew each other that early.

The beginning of the three wishes part was funny, when Peter got his own theme music, but the episode declined when he wished for no bones. It turned into a very strange episode.

When the Griffens become Super Heroes, it is fitting that Meg gets the powers she does. The writers always stay true to the characters when they do these quirky episodes. Overall not bad, not my favorite.
  • Li'l Griffins, No Bones about it & Super Griffins-all great!!

Allright here it comes my reveiw here are the three segments and what I though of them:

Li'l Griffins:

It was truly great seeing the characters as little kids I found the plot and jokes good aswell, there probaply isn't a better spin-off to be made even if it were only like 6 episodes, overall 4 stars...

No Bones About It:

My least favourite of the three, but still hilarious, who would have thought Peter having no bones would be funny, I never thought Family Guy would stoop to having one of the Family Members finding a genie but they did, yet again though this is a "different" episode.

Super Griffins:

I'll get right down to it - I think the superpowers thing could have been handled better, but the way they did it was still funny.

A nice episode in all. T
  • Peter loses his bones, The family get superpowers and little peter and quagmire fight over Lois

In this special episode Brian & Stewie turn 1 episode into 3 mini episodes submitted by viewers. In the first mini episode, Peter finds a genie in a bottle of beer, so he wishes to see inside Kelly Ripas dressing room. next, He wishes for his own theme music, which annoys a guy who thretans to break Peters bones, making Peter wish for no bones. When Peter realises his family are miserable cos of him, Peter flushes himself down the drain & lands in hollywood. Peter makes a living as a human saftey mat or whatever where he meets a bone transplanter. When Peter has a bone transplant, he realises his family gave up their bones for him. In the next one, When a tanker of sulphuric waste douses the family, everyone gets a superpower. Lois has superstrength, Stewies got telekinesis, chris controls fire, brians super speedy, peters a shape shifter and meg can control the size of her nails (lame). When mayor west gets lymphoma from trying to stop the griffins, they decide to use their powers to help adam get better. In Little griffins, There's a new girl in class, Lois pewterschmidt, Who turns girl haters glen quagmire & peter griffin to loving lois. While trying to win lois' heart, quagmire & peter try scaring each other, but get scared by a ghost instead. Later, it turns out Mort played a trick on them by pretending to be a ghost, winning Lois for himself. 35 years later, Peter and Glen aren't intrested in girls, as they're multi billionaires. Seeing as this is viewer mail 1, is there a chance of a viewer mail 2? hopefully
  • The first triolgy episode for Family Guy is a bang!!!!!!

In a special three-story episode, Brian reads viewer mail and tries to answer profound questions:

"Li'l Griffins" The Griffins as the little rascals. Kid versions of Peter, Joe, and Brian decide that they don't need girls. When they first meet Lois however, they quickly abandon their anti-girl sentiment. In school, Lois reads a book touting the virtues of bravery, and Peter and Quagmire try to prove who's the bravest by staying in a haunted house overnight.

"No Bones About it"

"Super Griffins" A tanker truck containing radioactive waste slams into the Griffin house. The radiation affects each Griffin in a different way. Lois gains super strength while Peter has morphing ability. Lois tells her family that they must not abuse their powers. Of course that doesn't work and the town is forced to hold a meeting to see how to stop the Griffins from wreaking havoc. Adam West realizes he must fight fire with fire. He volunteers to roll around in toxic waste but he only gets lymphoma as a result. The Griffins, racked with guilt, use their powers to make Adam's recovery more comfortable.
  • Peter loses his bones, The family get superpowers and young Peter, Quagmire and the crew battle over who get's Lois, a good episode...

7.9

I can say it was pretty cool. The Griffins flashback episode was none like any other. Out of the three though, my favorite was the second where the Griffins gained superpowers, which was, in my opinion, very well done. The writers did a great job into making this finale a funny and well memorable week because I see there were many impressed viewers. Yeah, the first and third segment were alright, but the second was an absolute classic! I was almost off the chair in laughter as it was so sodding hilarious.

Overall, as impressive and memorable as it was, episodes like this are just watch and forget, not my style. But the second part with the powers was an instant classic. So, it was just a good episode.
  • "There's no need to worry - i have dealt with superpowered villains before" - Mayor Adam West mentions he's past.

oooh how is wish there would be a View Mail 2. this is brilliant its like The Simpons Treehouse of Horror stories.

the one with the little kids is my least favourite but thats not to say its not funny. the one with the magic lamp was funny - particually the bit where Peter asks for he's own theme song. the music on the bus happens to be my favourite piece of music in the whole series! but the best thing was the segement on superpowers. Peter is a shape-changer, Lois super-strong, Brian superfast, Stewie and Chris i cant remember and Meg with her.. thing. Adam West makes me laugh. Excellent Stuff!
  • overall this is entertaining

LOL
    this episode is amazing, the reason why i didn't give it a ten was because it wasn't that funny but thoroughly entertaining, moving flawlessly

skit 1

peter loses his bones, because he get's beat up on the bus because he has his own theme music because a genie came and gave peter 3 wishes, but anyway this part is the best

skit 2

this part of the ep is okay, but even though the griffins get super powers doesn't make up for the fact that this part is rushed and hard to keep up with

skit 3

and this is the worst... it's just filled with parts that make you just doze off zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, there are many good parts though
  • Not as bad as you think.

I used to hate this episode. Whenever it came on during Adult Swim I would change the channel, but tonight I actually watched it and realized that this actually a fairly solid episode and so far superior to the new Family Guy episodes. The stories are all insane, but you know what? Family Guy has never been a sane show in the first place. The jokes were rapid-fire and hilarious, and this is while Adam West was still fresh and original.

Plus the allusions to past shows like West saying he's dealt with super villains before and Peter getting an 80's like theme song made me happy.
  • Quite a funny episode, or episodes really !

This was a very interesting episode and it was very interesting to have three very small episodes jam-packed into a great episode!

I really loved the "Super-Griffins" storyline, especially Meg's ability to grow her fingernails really fast, and I was laughing right throughout that story.

I also did enjjoy the episode about Peter's "Bones", and that was quite hilarious too! That episode also had some hilarious moments, but I didn't particularly enjoy the ending of it.

The third story about the "Little" people, was the worst, in my opinion. The storyline was great and the characters were adorably cute, but it was not the most enjoyabe one. By 'worst', I don't mean it was bad, just not as good as the other two.

I would highly recommend this, as it was a super fun and intensely interesting episode. Keep it up, Family Guy, as I'm really looking forward to more great episodes, just like this one!
  • Three great segments!

These three segments hosted by Stewie and Brian of course i loved them especially the Lil' Griffins one it was hilarous Seth McFarlane has done it again this episode is pure genius and clever i also liked the Supergriffins one and the No Bones About it one as well they were both cool it was extremely funny when the little Peter put the ''Kick Me'' tag on the little girl and the teacher kicked her it was hilarous no i would'nt laugh if it really happened in real life but on here it was funny well done to Seth McFarlane and crew for making these funny episodes.
  • This made me want to watch and appreciate old Family Guy episodes more!

Family Guy is seirously the best show ever!!! I think best short episode was "Super Griffins" one, but I wonder why this episode was called Family Guy Viewer Mail #1. I'll bet in the future they'll have an episode called Family Guy Viewer Mail #2 and a #3 and so on. I also loved the joke Kid Peter made in Li'l Griffins - Peter: "Why don't you two make like Siamese twins and split... and then one of you die"; That "The View" reference, that song Peter sang on the bus in "No Bones About It" and the "Newlyweds" thing in the beggining.
  • i dont like summarys, I had to do this in a book report! you will thank me!

4.9
    it was so cool! i loved how they made it in 3 mini episodes, which where all hillarious (but what family guy episode isnt?) anyways, I really hope they make a family guy veiwer mail #2, because this one is #1 since this needs to be 100 words long, i will be saying random family guy lines!

Adam West-Is that journey? I love journey! especially when its sung by rookies! but i hate baseball cards!

speed racers \\\"father\\\"- speed i do not think you should be in this race aha! the mock-5 is not ready aha!

speed racer- but pops i must be in this race aha!

father- very well, but speed, i am not your real father aha!

speed- aaaahhh!
  • a very good episode

this was both weird and funny to me and with stewie and Brian hosting it

in "no bones about it" peter rubs a beer bottle and a genie appears and his first wish was to see hat an actress does when not on set when I actually saw this part it kind of creeped me out peters next wish was to have his own theme music and he's happy with it until a guy threatens to break all the bones in his body for having it and in a panic peter wishes he had no bones and eventually thinking he is a burden to the family flushes himself down the bathtub drain and ends up outside of a sewer pipe in Hollywood and gets himself a job as a cushion but soon he meets a doctor that wants to give him bone surgery which turn out to be his family's bones except the torso according to stewie.

in "super griffins" the griffin family get infected with toxic waste and gain super powers stewie gets telekinesis,Chris gains the power of fire,Peter gains morphing abilities,Brian gains super speed,Lois gains super strength and meg gets there power to grow her nails longer(that's it?)they eventually go mad with power and Adam west mayor of Quahog tries to put a stop t it by rolling in the waste himself only to get a disease instead of powers and is treated well by the griffins who feel bad and help with what they can.

in "little griffins" we get to see everyone as kids it confused me how they all would already know each other but heck its a viewer mail episode fragment anyway peter and quagmire hate all girls until they spot Lois Pewterschmidt and become determined to win her over so they decide to see who can stay in an old abandoned house for the night without getting scared away in the end they are both scared off by a ghost projection made by mort goldman when they find out they swear off women for good and end up being rich without them.
  • Kind of a weird episode, but its undeniably one of the best. A definate reccomendation for people who crave comedy!

This is one of my favorite Family Guy episodes ever. In this episode, Stewie and Brian decide to show a few Family Guy fanfiction and see how they turn out. I am sure that Seth McFarlane added some of his own jokes into it, because some of them sound like they came from him.

In No Bones About It, Peter gets three wishes. His first wish was to see what a famous actress does backstage. His second wish was to have his own theme music. I really liked Peter's "Riding on a Bus" song. Annoyed by his music, a tough guy is about to break every bone in his body. Peter wishes that he had no bones, and then he becomes a human stunt bag. At the end, we get to see the Griffins as a deformed family with some of their bones missing. The way Lois looked at the end disturbed me the most. This part of the show wasn't as good as the other two, but it was still okay.

Super Griffins is my favorite of the three. A truck of toxic waste crashes onto the Griffins' lawn, and they all get infected with it and surprisingly gain superpowers. Each Griffin had a unique superpower. Peter had a transforming ability, Stewie had telekenisis, Brian had super speed, Chris had fire power, Lois had super strength, and Meg had the ability to extend her fingernails (Man, Seth just did everything he could to make Meg the least favorite character on the show). Watching the Griffins use their superpowers was really entertaining to watch. I mostly loved the part where Peter transforms into Brittany Spears, and then he kisses Justin Timberlake and transforms into Gene Shallit just as soon as their lips touch! I crack up at that part every time I watch this episode! I highly reccomend this one for viewing.

The Lil' Griffins is basically a Family Guy crossover with The Lil' Rascals. This one was also pretty entertaining to watch, and it had some good jokes as well. This is also one of the episodes that reveals that Peter and his buddies are in their forties as the very end takes place 35 years later. What was not very clear about this one is the fact that Joe Swanson is in this episode as well. There is an episode of Family Guy where Peter meets Joe for the first time, so fans who remember that episode and watch this one would be confused. Still, its overall great.

Overall, while Stewie and Brian might disagree with me, all three of these together make one of the best Family Guy episodes ever, though I would have liked them a lot better if they were all full-length. Super Griffins is still my favorite of the three. The episode has earned my reccomendation as a definate episode to watch.
  • “Silly? Yes. Idiotic? Yes!”

1. No bones about it: this episode is my second favourite segment of the episode, the highlights being scenes like Peter’s theme music and the moral that a family of freaks is better than no family at all.

2. Super Griffins: My favourite segment, this one being entertaining from start to finish including Adam West rolling in radioactive waste, Brian speedily taking drinks and Meg’s amazing ability to grow fingernails.

3. Li’l Griffins: This episode wasn’t nearly as good as the other two and was verging on lame though a couple of scenes were okay such as the little Tom Tucker and Dianne Simmons.

The first two segments make this episode and are very funny though the third lowers the score a little. Overall, this was a very good idea for an episode, 3 separate stories.
  • The Very First and Only Three-Segmented Episode, Thanks to Brian and Stewie Griffin!

Throughout the rest of the entire previous episodes of Family Guy, I assumed that this day would never arrive. Brian and Stewie Griffin introduced themselves to the audience, and told them they will show all three special segments of this episode.

“No Bones About It” starts with Peter Griffin and his family watching television. He opens up the last bottle of beer and releases the genie. He gets three wishes. His first wish is to know what the celebrities do after the show. The fat man wishes he had his own theme music. The tune will only play if he goes into action. I like his theme song, but it drove the bone-basher crazy. He was about to break Peter’s bones until he wished he had no bones at all. It really scared the crap out of him and everybody else on the bus. Peter felt he was taking advantage of his family, so he go down the drain, and leave Quahog. Then he ends up in Hollywood, which he had no idea where all the wastes and sewage end up. He got a job as a stunt man cushion. During the party, he met the doctor who could replace Peter’s full skeletal structure. After the operation was a success, the most of the bones he has came from his family. Like Lois said, “A family of freaks is better than no family.” What a disgusting, yet beautiful ending that was.

“Super Griffins” is my most favorite segment. After a truck accident, the family stumbles upon a tank of nuclear waste. Chris thought there is candy inside. The tank broke and the wastes drenched the whole Griffin family. Stewie’s brain got so big, and he is able to possess telekinesis. Chris can produce fire with his hands. Peter got his son to light his farts, just for laughs. Brian’s super speed permits him to swift around the world in a second. Peter can morph into anything or anyone besides his own voice. Lois is super strong and super sexy. Meg’s fingernail growing ability is lame and stupid. Who would fear that? Just think what we can do with one of these superpowers.

“Lil Griffins” is a parody version of the Little Rascals. Peter played the role as Spanky, Quagmire was Alfalfa, Cleveland was Buckwheat, and Lois was Darla. This event happened before Chris, Meg, and Stewie were born. This segment had an alternate version of the original Family Guy series. Mort Goldman went out with Lois. Peter and Quagmire swore that they forget about women, and they grew up having their own rich mansion.

Those are the best segments of this episode. By any chance will there be another one?
  • Immense Episode

This episode is what we have been waiting for it was "Top Class" especially with peters theme tune and his bus song "Ridin on the bu-us, ridin on the bu-us,sittin next to bu-ums,theres an open see-eat hope that isn't pee-ee" INCREDIBLE!!! family guy is with out a doubt an immensely phenomenal cartoon
  • Different, but ace!

It seems that lots of shows are following this style of 3 seperate shows now - Simpsons, Futurama etc. And this episode didn't dissapoint.
    My fave was the SuperGriffins, when Peter disguises himself as Britney Spears to get into *N Sync's dressing room:

Peter (Britney): I'm Britney Spears. Can I go in?
    Guard: Go right ahead Miss Spears
    Peter (Britney: Oh, call me Peter.
    (The guard looks puzzled and shocked)

I laughed for ages!
  • Very funny

This epsidoe is hosted by Brian and Stewie and features fan mail. The first sketch shows Peter getting three wishes from a genie. The final wish he wishes he has no bones so a guy can't beat him up. In the second sketch, the Griffens recive super powers from an accident. Instead of using them for good, they use them to do whatever they want. The final sketch is a spoof of the Little Rascals/Our Gang series. Peter and Quagsmire are kids who fall for Lois. To prove their bravery the two along with Brian, Clevland, and Joe spend a night in a haunted house. This episode is one of my favorites and I hope for a sequal.
  • this is the best episode of family guywhen peter gets his theme song that is priceless also when peter transfers into a troll that is the best part of the episode also when he farts on fire that is also funny. best episode ever da da da da da da.