Family Guy

Fifteen Minutes of Shame

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 25, 2000 on FOX

• Superb episode

Meg's slumber party is ruined by her family. She is sick of being embarrassed by them and secretly books the family on a talk show. Intrigued by their story, a network executive gets Peter to sign the family up to be on a reality show. Things quickly go awry, and the Griffins want out of the contract. However, the network owns their namesake, and the family is eventually replaced. A superb episode. Although I hasn;t seen this episode in like a long time. Everytime when this episode is rerun, I seem to miss it. Same thing for Road to Rhode Island and D*** it Janet. Anyway, this episode was a tad funnier in the first half, but the last half got boring and I didn't like it that the Griffins got replaced. It was interesting to know the origin of Quahog. As for the parts that I laughed are Peter being naked (Brian said "That how Peter's *** looks like"), the Ronald McDonald cutaway, Stewie's role throughout the episode, and some others I did not remember. Overall, a superb episode. 9/10
  • An instant classic.

Another great episode.
  • Superb

What I liked- Peter Griffin and Madame, Stewie in the lobster tank,

Fran Drescher's imitation of Lois.

What I disliked- that new girl that replaced meg.

9.5 out of 10.

• One of my favorite episodes

The family keeps embarrasing Meg. Like at her sleepover when Peter gets stuck in the stairwell, or at a clam day where Peter washes up shore naked. Meg decieds to put them on a talk show called Diane. everything goes wrong, and people love it. A television producer offers the griffins a Tv show,and Peter says yes, much to their dismay. Soon, the show is on the air for six months, and people are loving it. Soon, Meg gets replaced by a hotter girl, and soon the whole family gets replaced. Including the olsen twins as Stewie and Brian. Meg goes back to her family, and they stay at a hotel, until their contract expires.

This was a great episode. It had so much humor and bickering in it, that it was funny. I loved Peter talking to the camera about his ripped underwear, and the "I'm not actually a woman, I'm a horse. "Im actually a broom", scene. I also loved Stewie talking to the camera, and him getting the lobster.

Overall Grade: 95%/A+
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the family guy show meg is embarriesed once again by her family at a slumber party so she goes and secretly signs them up to a talk show booking and then a reality tv show agency wants them to do a show for them and they do and it becomes really big thing is it goes bad towards the end and the family gets replaced and the show continues but goes off the air this was a very funny ep i thought and had alot of laughs. that is why i gave the show a 8.5
  • One of the most non-forgettable episodes of the show to date

The Griffins were put on TV in one of the more laugh-out-loud episodes of this show to date. It was incredibly funny.

Everytime I go by this episode I just crack up because of the amount of tension and bickering in it. Meg, was proven to be the most hated member of the Griffin Family and even I can agree she doesn't deserve to be a Griffin - she sucks!

Anyway, so the rest of the family were up to no good when things heated up during their contract. The contract consisted of filming the Griffin's every move. Come on, this was pretty funny but I've seen many other Family Guy episodes that almost make me cry to the death.

Lastly, the final scene was great dialogue, Stewie wants to kill his family - ALL OF THEM.

Overall, impressive, but not quite a great episode.
  • Mayor Adam West.

another great installment - and its unusual because the family show compassion for meg and yet in later episodes the Meg Bashing has increased. Hot Meg was great and Chris' attraction to her was funny. the cameras in the household invented the humour (lobster tank scene being a highlight). also first appearance of one of my favourite characters - Mayor Adam West. the sleepover scene is perhaps the funniest moment in Family Guy history as it clearly shows just how embrassing the Griffins can me. perhaps they are worse than a certain yellow family beginning with S?

overall my favourite episode of season two.
  • This is without a dowt one of the best epsidoes ever with extreamly funny refrences

such as Peter's starting a paint-by-numbers painting is a reference to the beginning of 80s sitcom Family Ties, which featured the same sequence,poking fun at many of the talk shows that air during the day such as The Jerry Springer Show or The Jenny Jones Show,Real Live Griffins is a parody of the show The Real World and the classic 'im not a hourse im a broom scene' LOL.The epsidoe begins when Peter plays a magical clam in a historical re-enactment of Quahog's founding. The celebration is led by Mayor Adam West, making his first appearance in the series. Meg compares Peter's job to having Ronald McDonald as a father. Meg is further embarrassed when he shows up ashore naked. When he embarrasses her at her slumber party, she decides to take action. She gets the family invited on The Diane Simmons Show talk show to discuss their dysfunction. But instead of ending the embarrassment, this gets the family their own reality show, The Real Live Griffins. Meg leaves the family, and the show.

Her replacement is a teenage sex symbol who steals the show. Eventually, the whole family is replaced. The replacement cast is Tom Arnold as Peter, Fran Drescher (who is later shown in the season five episode The Tan Aquatic with Steve Zissou) as Lois, "that fat guy from Boogie Nights" (Philip Seymour Hoffman) as Chris, and Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen as Stewie and Brian. The real Griffins are forced to live in a motel room until the reality show contract runs out.

Meg ends the episode typing a diary entry into her laptop, like the title character from Doogie Howser, M.D., followed by Stewie changing the last sentence from "I couldn't be happier" to "I want to KILL THEM ALL!"
  • Family guy has gotten the feel for things at this point of the series.

Her replacement is a teenage sex symbol who steals the show. Eventually, the whole family is replaced. The replacement cast is Tom Arnold as Peter, Fran Drescher (who is later shown in the season five episode "The Tan Aquatic with Steve Zissou") as Lois, "that fat guy from Boogie Nights" (Philip Seymour Hoffman) as Chris, and Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen as Stewie and Brian. The real Griffins are forced to live in a motel room until the reality show contract runs out.

• FG is off it's training wheels at this point in the series.

This episode, in my opinion was where they stopped being a more silly version of the Simpsons and started to go on the not-so balanced side of things. This is a truly great episode and where Meg started to be the character she is today and the same goes for Peter. First off their sense of humour got more enhanced, the animation was way better, the storyline was clever and the humurous/surreal comedy moments are much better and make me laugh-out-loud every time. In my opinion the turning point for the series. Family Guy seasons 1-3, I salute you!!! Whoo, Yeah!
  • Classic Family Guy... extremely funny.

This episode is extremely funny, and I love the part where the other actors take over for the Griffins. Fran Drescher as Lois, and also the Olsen twins as Stewie and Brian was hilarious and thoroughly enjoyable. Many episodes in the series can be kind of lame, but this one is very well written and quite funny. I did not think I was going to like it as much as I did. Stewie is priceless as always. I feel that Fifteen Minutes of Shame is definitely one of the best episodes from the second seasons, and I could watch it over and over again.
  • Good!

This episode is really, really good, because it kind of tell us how the Griffin really act every day of their lives is embarrasing Meg, so Meg decides to take revenge by making them to participate in their own program, but unfortunately they don't care so Meg decides to leave the show, only to be replace by a sexy teenager, that beginst to get all the attention, so the Griffins are force to spent the following six months in a motel while they watched their previous adventures now use by the new Griffin family.
  • It's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just I want her not to be alive anymore!

This episode was hilarious with the very odd relationship with the clam at the start with Peter clearly embarassing his whole family, especially Meg, though not as much as he did at the service station or slumber party.

The Griffins on reality TV was a great plot but viewers inside Family Guy may be asking many questions:

Since when was Meg a hot blonde who her brother was attracted to?
    When did newscaster Diane start her own Springer-type show?
    What's with the murderous baby?

This whole episode was very funny and I'll leave you with a Stewie diary entry:

I'm stuck with my family for six months at a cheap motel and I WaNt To KiLl ThEm AlL!
  • Funny Episode

I loved this episode the ideas were great.How they were on TV was also funny but when it was going near to the end it started to get boring with only a few funny bits.This is a good episode to watch and you will surely love it.The best scene is when Meg has her slumber party and Peter is walking down the stairs.
  • Great episode real funny!

It was a hilarious episode I loved it. Meg was such a loser yet throws this slumber party to make friends who get scared off by her family who she signed up to be on a talk show which solves nothing who Peter signs a contract for his family to haave a 24 hour reality show for 6 months who producers replace meg with a hot blonde as meg. who eventually the griffins live in a cheap motel and all the griffin characters are replaced by actors which basically sucks the reality on the griffin's reality show