Family Guy

Fore, Father

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Aug 01, 2000 on FOX

• very boring for most of the parts, but still good to watch

After a father-son camping trip, Peter realizes how irresponsible Chris is after raccoons steal their food and their car. Back at home, Peter gets Chris a job at the local golf course to try and teach him to be more responsible. Chris is content to just pick up golf balls, until he discovers that Peter has entered the father-son golf tournament, with Cleveland Jr.! 'Discouraged that Peter is focusing all his attention on Cleveland Jr., Chris rebels by hanging out with Quagmire at strip clubs. Ultimately, Cleveland Jr. abandons Peter, who has an emotional (and deadly) reunion with Chris at the golf course. This episode was good, but it was very boring to watch. Still not terrible, but it is one of the worst pre-cancelation episodes I've seen. I didn't laugh very much, but Cleveland Jr. was very funny here. That "Big whoop wanna fight about it" person was funny as well. I did liked the sub plot which was more funnier than the main plot. The ending was very nice. Overall, a good but weak episode. 7/10
  • The worst of Season 2.

What I liked:

Quagmire as a baby

Quagmire and Chris' plot

Paddy

4/10

• good

Peter tries to teach Chris responsibility, so he gets a job at a golf course. But Peter turns his attention to Cleveland's son, Jr. so he can win a golf tournament with him. Chris, rejected, starts spending time with Quagmire.

It was alright. Kind of low on laughs. I think the only times I laughed at the episode were the scenes with Quagmire, like his line about why he does not want to go camping, the little Quagmire cutaway, etc. The rest was kind of boring and as a result my final grade for this episode is a solid C+. Not great not terrible really.
  • Fore, Father

A big episode of Family Guy that still holds up today as among some of the best in series history. While this probably is not a top 10 of all time episode it is still one of the best.

You just have so many memorable lines and quotes here such as the "big whoop wanna fight about it?" guy to anything that Cleveland Jr. says. Why they made him fat during The Cleveland Show I have no idea.

This episode also had a good moral lesson about parenting, and they did it in a funny way too.

Two thumbs up for family Guy here.
  • A classic episode in my opinion, but it contained more story than humor

Yeah, I quite enjoyed this one because of the great storylines between Chris and his father Peter. That's always a decent plot to have. Chris, Peter, Joe and Cleveland all go on a camping trip where Chris sort of screws things up, but his father tried to be patient and then make up for his poorly teachings to his son over the first 13 years of Chris's life. Hell, the monkey in the closet thing is outstanding, that's a rofl. The Stewie storylines were funny, and Stewie's thing with injections and a needle was nuts. Got to laugh at that type of humor.
    Brian and Lois had their times being hell funny as well, but this time was centered on Peter and Chris. One thing, you can't beat those flashbacks! The writers should do a flashforward and return to the normal time with Peter saying something like:
    "Hey, that was a flashforward" lol.

Overall, another classic episode of Family Guy. I was impressed enough to give it an 8 because I simply thought this was "great". I've seen better though, and it's usually those hell out hilarious episodes that win the 9/10 awards. So, concluding - I was impressed, particularly because of the storylines.
  • This is the end of the second seaosn of Family guy and iv got to say the first 2 seasons were amazing and the ebst out ofa ll six

Not as good as the first season finale but still an amazing one at that.While camping, Peter leaves Chris to guard the food supplies while he goes fishing with his neighbors. Upon returning, Chris reports that raccoons have stolen the food. After being chastised by Joe for not raising Chris properly, Peter gets Chris a job at the local golf driving range so that he will learn responsibility. Chris, however, gets pushed aside when Peter accepts a challenge to mould Cleveland's hyperactive son into a famous golfer.

Meanwhile, Stewie uses Brian's books to create papier-mâché replicas of the houseboat from the 1960s campy detective show Surfside 6 and the fort from the post-Civil War-era sitcom F Troop, another 1960s show. Lois brings Brian some of Peter's books, which include Mr. T by Mr. T, an autobiography of The A-Team star; T and Me by George Peppard, an actor who co-starred with Mr. T on The A-Team and For the Last Time, I'm Not Mr. T by Ving Rhames, an African-American actor with a physique like that of Mr. T. With the exception of Mr. T by Mr. T, all of these books are fictitious.

As revenge against Stewie, Brian leads Stewie to believe the vaccine shots he received are some kind of mind control after he begins to have an unforeseen reaction. Stewie begins to suspect Lois of deliberately making him ill. When encouraging himself to fight his perceived illness, Stewie tells himself "do not go gentle into that good night." He first attributes the quote to singer-songwriter Bob Dylan but then corrects himself; it was written by poet Dylan Thomas.

When Meg asks why Stewie is freaking out, Lois explained that he is having hallucinations from the fever, just like one time when Meg accidentally ate "adult" brownies (presumably containing drugs) that Lois was saving for the Doobie Brothers concert.

Cleveland Jr. ends his golf career, running off, shouting "I'm Pelé," a reference to the Brazilian soccer player best known by that nickname. He does not appear again, except for one cameo appearance.

• Good episode, but just not like the Family Guy series to do this...

7.9
    After a father-son camping trip, Peter realizes how irresponsible Chris is after raccoons steal their food and their car. Back at home, Peter gets Chris a job at the local golf course to try and teach him to be more responsible. Chris is content to just pick up golf balls, until he discovers that Peter has entered the father-son golf tournament, with Cleveland Jr.! Discouraged that Peter is focusing all his attention on Cleveland Jr., Chris rebels by hanging out with Quagmire at strip clubs. Ultimately, Cleveland Jr. abandons Peter who recruits Chris at the last minute. However, when they lose, Peter must deal with an angry group of gamblers who put money on Cleveland Jr. Despite all the recent heartache, Chris gives his dad his first paycheck in order to save his butt!
  • Another episode...

6.7
    I don't really know what to think of this episode really I mean here it is a father/son story with the kind of humurous emotion I enjoy aand yet I kind of find it hard to watch, I find it really boring and stupid, yet at moments it is kind of funny, like Chris being taken on by Quagmire as his father and it is pretty funny at that section but it does get bland, oh well it was funny and I'm sure alot of people would disagree with me on this episode, but I was just saying how I feel. Overall three stars.
  • This is a sweet episode.

This episode is really funny.

Chris, Peter, Joe, Kevin, Cleveland Jr. and Cleveland go camping. Chris is lazy and he lets raccoons eat all the food. Peter gets Chris to get a job to make him less lazy. He gets a job at the golf course collecting golf balls. Cleveland Jr. goes there and he's really good at golf. Peter decides to train Cleveland Jr. to make him even better. Peter spends all his time with Cleveland Jr. Chris is jealous of Cleveland Jr. Quagmire takes him to a strip club and a stripper says to just talk to his dad. He does and they're not mad at each other anymore.

Stewie has to go get a shot and he's scared. Lois tricks him into getting it. When he does, he becomes really paranoid. Brian is mad at Stewie for ripping up his books, so he says that the shot was a mind control device. Stewie believes him.

I give this episode a 9.4 out of 10.
  • I was expecting better for a Family Guy episode...

I think that this episode was pretty much a really silly episode it has hardly no emotion and has almost nothing to laugh of, I did not understand fully completely the real storyline of this episode and I think that this episode could have been a much more better episode than the one before, and I think that any other episode of the season could have been perfect for a season finale, except for this one, well I guess that this episode was fine, it was not the worst episode ever, at least...
  • How dare you call my parenting into question! If you were a woman, I'd slug you!

7.6
    The plot for this episode seemed forced in. If it wasn't, then this wasn't the bes way to go around the issue of the father-son relationship, with Cleaveland Jr and his golfing talent whom Peter takes under his wing after convincing Chris to get a job to make him proud and then ignoring him.

Other than the plot, the humour in this episode was very good with great scenes involving Quagmire in the strip club using the term "do you take bank cards" literally and Peter and Chris bonding at the end though hitting the golf balls in the wrong direction and killing a woman and smashing a car which they don't seem to notice.

There were lines I liked such as Peter catching a tire a boot and a book of cliches but also ones I didn't find that entertaining such as Hickadoola.

Overall, this episode isn't as good as most but I have seen worse and it is quite enjoyable at times.
  • Peter discovers Chris is irresponsible, so Chris gets a job at a golf course to prove himself responsible. Peter begins to focus on Cleveland Jr. after he discovers that he's(CJ) a great golfer, and they enter the man-boy golf tournament. I

This episode was pretty good. After Chris discovers that Peter's spending more time with Cleveland Jr., he starts hanging out with Quagmire.
    At the end of the episode, Chris and Peter get back together after Cleveland Jr. ran away from the tournament.
    This had some funny moments, like that Hick-A-Doo-La song and Patty Tanninger the Caddy Manager.
    That side story with Brian tricking Stewie into believing that the shot that the doctor gave him was part of a mind control serum was a great addition as well as funny.
    Those things in addition with Peter Griffin and his Big Hose that turns 3 chores into one and The flashback of Peter defeating his evil twin(although Lois actually defeated him, but she shot the real Peter, but that was just a gag) made this episode enjoyable. I'm not giving out all the jokes, but you must know that this is one of the best Family Guy episodes.
    I didn't give it a 10 because of that flashback of Quagmire and his mom, and that thing where Lois was talking about Meg's tail.
    Oh, well. Very few things are perfect.
    ~Pharaoh2.
  • Fore, Father was a cliche Family Guy episode, and thats not a bad thing. Peter gets sidetracked and ignores Chris, Stewie has a dilema and Brian keeps rubbing it in. Even Quagmire gets a few really good scenes in here.

Yet another great episode. "Package for Glen Quagmire." "Just a sec...I got a package for you. Oh!" In my mind, Quagmire is possibly the funniest part of the show. Stewie has his moments wheras Brian can't seem to stand Mr. T. I pity the fool who can't stand Mr. T if Mr. T has anything to say about it.
  • Ah,one of my top 10!

So,peter tries to teach Chris responsability,wich leads him to hiring Chris as a range boy (That's picking up golf balls on the driving range for you who don't know).Stewy gets a shot,and thinks his mind is being controled after words!Thewriting and jokes are great,what do you expect?One of my favorites!
TBS