TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

10000 reasons to hate Peter

thundercat2000

[121]Nov 14, 2011
    • level: 17

308. He tried to hit on women in a beauty pagent.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ZoneHero

[122]Nov 14, 2011
    • level: 19
    309. He exposed his wife to Quagmire so he can call off his wedding to Joan.
    310: Because of 309, Joan went crazy got herself killed because she touched Death, who thought Glenn's death was real.

thundercat2000

[123]Nov 21, 2011

311. He was drunk at Thanksgiving and abused Chris at football.

312. He made bad jokes as Kevin was coming inside.

BenWaldburger

[124]Nov 21, 2011
    • level: 5
    313. Everything bad that happens to the other characters is, in a way, all Peter's fault.

thundercat2000

[125]Nov 29, 2011

314. He let Stewie drown in the pool

ZoneHero

[126]Nov 30, 2011
    thundercat2000 wrote:

Which Cleveland did to Rollo a season before... which dawned on me that Peter has corrupted the quite and peaceloving deli-owner... so there is reason 315.

ChipsTheButler

[127]Dec 1, 2011
    • level: 9
    316. he pooped in Lois' mouth

thundercat2000

[128]Dec 6, 2011

317. He took candy from a premature baby

318. He made fun of Southerners

selena_cyrus16

[129]Dec 6, 2011
    • level: 6
    ZoneHero wrote:
    thundercat2000 wrote:

Which Cleveland did to Rollo a season before... which dawned on me that Peter has corrupted the quite and peaceloving deli-owner... so there is reason 315.

Don't you mean quiet?

thundercat2000

[130]Dec 12, 2011

319. He clubbed the guy who won the Bingo game.

320. He clubbed Carter after he gave him the Bingo card.

321. He refused to let a fat girl come out of his body.

322. He drew on Carters' face.

323. He refuses to get his own mother out of a nursing home.

ZoneHero

[131]Dec 12, 2011
    thundercat2000 wrote:

323. He refuses to get his own mother out of a nursing home.

To be fair, she wasn't that great of a mother. She lied to him about his real father, started dating a man who was at his age whom he actually bonds with like a real father only to leave BOTH of them when she got bored in bed, and then she didn't even fill out his birth-certificate or even vouch for him when he got deported because he was born in Mexico this making him Mexican... which is NOT really part of their law as to my understanding...

thundercat2000

[132]Dec 15, 2011

324. He called Lois the B word right in front of Carter and still call her that when he tried to cover it up.

drudager

[133]Dec 16, 2011
    • level: 13
    This is just a general comment about these threads and I'm only going to say this because it's about Peter: if you hate Peter, then you're just not a fan of Family Guy. Not that it's going to stop anyone from finding faults on Peter no matter how frivolous. Finding faults with all the other characters - find away.

ZoneHero

[134]Dec 16, 2011
    drudager wrote:
    This is just a general comment about these threads and I'm only going to say this because it's about Peter: if you hate Peter, then you're just not a fan of Family Guy. Not that it's going to stop anyone from finding faults on Peter no matter how frivolous. Finding faults with all the other characters - find away.

But we're point pointing out Peter's faults. We're pointing out how much of unlikeable jerk he has become. When he started out, he was kind-hearted but stupid, his crazy antics usually came from him trying to help his family, like kidnapping the Pope to help him with his father or writing that false story about Luke Perry to help Meg get into college. There were episodes where he acted selfishly, like having Meg take the heat for destorying TV in the town, playe golf instead of spending an anniversary, or had Chris stage a deathly illness so he can have his favorite show back on the air only to have himself worship like God. But in those situations, he realizes what he was doing was wrong and learns his lesson.

But now... NOW! He acts purly on impulse, never really caring what happens or how his consequences have for other people, let alone his own family. The writers themselves made him a cheap tool for laughs, saying something stupid or insensitive at the wrong time, while some occasions that come off like he does them on purpose, which makes him come off intolerable or just plain mean-spirited, like how he planed to have a dead son joke about Kevin with Joe, that whole "Sun Died Tomatoes" and thinks it would be funny or how he tried to talk down that Southern Officer. He treats his kids like dirt, all three of them. Heck, in episode where he becomes a psychic medium, he fondles' a missing man's wife's breast and tried to the same with his daughter before the man dies, and that enough to make realize he not psychic, with no remorse of his actions what so ever.

So yeah, the Peter we know has been dramatically changed like Stewie. They were nothing wrong with them, but apparently they needed to change to boost the show's ratings... even though it was shortly after the fans got the show back on the air.

drudager

[135]Dec 17, 2011
    • level: 13
    ZoneHero wrote:

But now... NOW! He acts purly on impulse, never really caring what happens or how his consequences have for other people, let alone his own family. The writers themselves made him a cheap tool for laughs, saying something stupid or insensitive at the wrong time. He treats his kids like dirt, all three of them. Heck, in episode where he becomes a psychic medium, he fondles' a missing man's wife's breast and tried to the same with his daughter before the man dies, and that enough to make realize he not psychic, with no remorse of his actions what so ever.

So yeah, the Peter we know has been dramatically changed like Stewie. They were nothing wrong with them, but apparently they needed to change to boost the show's ratings... even though it was shortly after the fans got the show back on the air.

Let's go back to the pilot. Peter did plenty of things on impulse, like cashing a misprinted welfare check he knew had to be incorrect, buying all kinds of stuff, the moat with speedboat in the yard, flying a blimp during the Super Bowl, dumping all that money without thinking of the consequences. I think Peter has always been a cheap tool for laughs since the beginning. I will say he has gotten more crude, irresponsible, mean-spirited, abusive and reckless (just like the whole show in general), but 'ol gambling man Peter in essence is still who he is.

As for Stewie, yeah he has changed but I think they took the world domination thing as far as they could (and they did do a great job with it; especially the "Stewie Kills Lois" two-parter). I think these threads are just demonstrating viewer mental fatigue (pretty much sick of everything and will pick it apart) and a disdain for the evolution (and I'll admit it, I much preferred the 1st three seasons) of what the show has become. I'm just not going to fret if he beats Chris with a belt or steals candy from a premature infant, because that's just FG humor and quite frankly, I'd rather enjoy it than fault it. I'd rather fault plot holes, stories & poor writing and personal Seth agendas & biases.

ZoneHero

[136]Dec 17, 2011
    [QUOTE="drudager" I'd rather fault plot holes, stories & poor writing and personal Seth agendas & biases. [/QUOTE]

So do I, it's just that some people chalk up all these character changes under those first 2, kinda like how DC made the 3rd Batgirl, Cassandra Cain, into a villain when she is a tragic hero. Same goes for Spider-Man and MJ durning One More Day and OMIT, in which the first story had Peter selling his marriage just so his aunt would live and then the 2nd story that actually explains HOW it was done while shifting the blame to MJ.

selena_cyrus16

[137]Dec 21, 2011
    • level: 6

Instead of 10,000 reasons to hate Peter why not say 10,000 reasonswhy we hate PeterEmbarassed

Edited on 12/21/2011 2:32pm

MadamStacey

[138]Dec 21, 2011
    • level: 2

325: He treats his family like trash.

326: He shot Meg once.

327: Led Lois on a wild goose chase on their Annniversary so that he could ditch her and play golf.

328: I just plain hate him, even if he is stupid/funny.

Edited on 12/21/2011 10:20pm

ChipsTheButler

[139]Dec 27, 2011
    • level: 9
    329. He is responsible for MC Hammer.

thundercat2000

[140]Jan 28, 2012

330. As a psychic, he groped an asian woman

331. he ruined a families' picnic

332. he high fived a woman whose family members are dead.