TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

10000 reasons to hate Peter

chimanruler15

[161]Apr 1, 2012
    • level: 3

356. When Peter had his own TV show called "Peter's Funhouse," he made a puppet out of Lois and made that as an antagonist.

357. Because of reason 356, he caused kids to physically harm Lois.

358. When Meg saved Peter's life, no one, not even Peter, thanked her.

Edited on 04/01/2012 6:34pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thundercat2000

[162]Apr 2, 2012
    • level: 17

359. He literally bullied that little kid and told the other kids to beat him up.

hector_13_13

[163]Apr 22, 2012
    • level: 9

360. He's a sadist! He makes Chris McLean from Total Drama look like Barney the Purple Dinosaur.

361. He acts more like a father figure in the newer episodes than a funny guy!

362. He's more eviler and ruder than Gordon Ramsay!

363. He's a total bitch in the lottery and hurricane episodes!

364. He never shows remorse for his actions, nor say that he was sorry for anything. Instead, he wants others to be sorry for him!

365. He thinks he can do whatever he wants cause he makes the money!

thundercat2000

[164]May 7, 2012

366. He picked his nose and wiped his fingers on Meg.

367. He gave Meg advice on how to get captured by the kidnappers.

368. He lied to Meg by saying she got mail.

ZoneHero

[165]May 9, 2012
    • level: 19

thundercat2000 wrote:

Is that all he does now? Makes situations worse in a over done manner for a cheap laugh? As well as being an all around jerk to both his daughter and other people? The writers say they make Meg the butt of everything because they don't know how to write for her, but it is clear that that Peter is the real victims of lazy writing.

thundercat2000

[166]May 14, 2012

369. He sold Lois's wedding dress

370. He made an anti semetic remark at Mort

chimanruler15

[167]May 15, 2012
    • level: 3

ZoneHero wrote:

thundercat2000 wrote:

Is that all he does now? Makes situations worse in a over done manner for a cheap laugh? As well as being an all around jerk to both his daughter and other people? The writers say they make Meg the butt of everything because they don't know how to write for her, but it is clear that that Peter is the real victims of lazy writing.

Ugh, I could agree more. >.< Who the heck doesn't know how to write for a character that they created? Seriously?

drudager

[169]May 17, 2012
    • level: 13
    I'm sure we'll never see a #_____ Reasons We Hate Meg thread on here. The first one would be that she wastes the family's hot dogs for her own personal gratification & doesn't even eat them for substance.

FOP_fan17

[170]May 18, 2012
    • level: 22
    ^I'm just curious....what episode did that happen in? I seem to be the only one who's out of the loop on that one. That "We Hate Meg" thread wouldn't really be feasible though, because that's only one of about 10 reasons anyone could think of to dislike her. I honestly think that if her family didn't treat her like crap, she wouldn't "whine" so much or do so much of whatever it is people find annoying about her. And chimanruler, I agree with you....why not just make all the characters MALE instead of adding female ones you can't write about? Other shows have had all boys and their ratings didn't suffer from it. Or better yet, ask the female workers, like Kara Vallow, Alex Borstein, or I don't know, maybe Meg's VOICE ACTRESS, Mila Kunis! Because you know, it's not like she was nevera teenage girl to know how Meg might feel about things....

drudager

[171]May 18, 2012

FOP_fan17 wrote:
    ^I'm just curious....what episode did that happen in? I seem to be the only one who's out of the loop on that one.

100th episode: Stewie Kills Lois. She said while holding a package of hot dogs, "I'm going to pretend you're the New York Knicks", and Peter mentioned while in the bar that he needs to go pick up some hot dogs because they keep running out for some reason. While Alex is a writer, I don't think Mila is one. I'm sure when Seth came up with Family Guy in the late 1990s, he was looking for the cliche offspring balance & he probably didn't anticipate his staff having so much trouble writing for Meg.

I'm sure we could come up with a hate-Meg thread. I'll get us started further more.

#2: Meg kidnapped Brian & tried to have her way romantically with him against his will.

#3: Meg while still a minor offered herself illegally as a sexual predator to the guys robbing her home.

ZoneHero

[172]May 18, 2012
    drudager wrote:

I'm sure we could come up with a hate-Meg thread. I'll get us started further more.

#2: Meg kidnapped Brian & tried to have her way romantically with him against his will.

#3: Meg while still a minor offered herself illegally as a sexual predator to the guys robbing her home.

But those problems come from the fact that her parents showed little to no attention to her, which is why is is so obsessive to those who actually treat her remotely right and show some form of sign of caring, she is STARVING for love and acceptance that her family is not giving. Face it, Peter and Lois are like that horrible couple that tied their daughter to a potty chair and had little to no contact with her, which made he feral... Meg weird and awkward because her family treats her like dirt, and her family treats her like dirt because she is weird and awkward. Heck, most of the stuff Meg does is just following who is popular, like those mean girls at school, or her parents.

FOP_fan17

[173]May 19, 2012

^Yes, I actually think Meg would act differently if her parents weren't so terrible. Peter and Lois are the type of parents who choose to have kids but then act like martyrs about it even though it was a CHOICE, not an obligation. Then they get sick of raising their kids and do a crappy job of parenting. Peter only pays attention to them if Lois makes him or if he finds they have something in common, and then he's too lenient about it. (The driving episode with Meg is a perfect example of this). Lois fawns over Stewie, only pays attention to Chris when she thinks it's necessary, and treats Meg like crap. That's exemplary parenting, right there. If you're going to be a crappy parent, then don't expect wonderful children. If they don't want to be there for their kids, then none of the kids really owe them anything. IfLois thinks Meg isugly, why doesn't she take her shopping and get her a makeover? She might not let it getto her head again because she isn't a singer anymore.I get so disgusted with parents who think their children, and the rest of the world, owes them something for a mere lifestyle choice they've gotten sick of already!

Seriously, why do the writers think this is funny? It just reminds me of how many real life parents aren't too many steps away from Peter and Lois, and I feel sorry for their children.

Edited on 05/19/2012 8:26pm

drudager

[174]May 20, 2012

"Seriously, why do the writers think this is funny?"

Because Meg is not a real living being. Some of you people act like Meg is a stray dog chained to a post in the backyard. Meg is just the role of the whipping post. I swear some people act like Psych majors on here.

#4. When Meg returned from jail, she was very violent towards the family, broke Peter's teeth & made him punch Stewie.

thundercat2000

[175]May 20, 2012

drudager wrote:

Because Meg is not a real living being. Some of you people act like Meg is a stray dog chained to a post in the backyard. Meg is just the role of the whipping post. I swear some people act like Psych majors on here.

#4. When Meg returned from jail, she was very violent towards the family, broke Peter's teeth & made him punch Stewie.

Peter has abused her the most and he deserved that.

ZoneHero

[176]May 20, 2012
    thundercat2000 wrote:

drudager wrote:

Well, that how her parents seem to treat her, like a dog more than their own dog (I bet they bought that Prius for him, how else can he afford one?)

Pretty much. With all the times he gets off easy for his actions, karma was bound to come back to bite his fat @$$... and does punching Stewie the worst he could have done? He did bothered Stewie with a camera that he went outside, got hit by a car, and then refuse to help him because he was "reporter"...

drudager

[177]May 20, 2012
    thundercat2000 wrote:

drudager wrote:

Nothing Peter could have done would have justified that.

thundercat2000

[178]May 21, 2012

369. He let out a fart in Joes' head.

370. He stole a life raft from a plane.

371. He opened all of Kevins' presents.

FOP_fan17

[179]May 21, 2012
    372. He told Joe that Bonnie had an affair, when she never did.

ZoneHero

[180]May 21, 2012
    FOP_fan17 wrote:
    372. He told Joe that Bonnie had an affair, when she never did.

To be fair, he did misinterpret what Lois told him... though thinking back; Lois TOLD Joe about it so he could come over to make sure she doesn't ... wow, Family Guy remembered an episode but still screw the continuity up... BUT I think the more fitting reason to hate him is,

372: He made a mistake, but then went on to say he IS right most of the time in what he says... when it has been clearly been wrong before...