Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

200 reasons to hate Brian

moonis027

[21]Feb 14, 2011
    • level: 1
    I Guess your right
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thundercat2000

[22]Feb 14, 2011
    • level: 17

51. He didn't believe in AA so he and Peter brought in beer to the meeting.

thundercat2000

[23]Feb 16, 2011

52. In the Road to the North Pole episode, he was a Scrooge by pouring milk on the floor of the little girls' house.

chimanruler15

[24]Apr 27, 2011
    • level: 3

53. When Meg was about to congratulate him on his recent writing award, he cut her off.

54. He is racist against black people.

55. Because of reason 54, he refused to give Cleveland a taxi ride twice.

56. Because of reason 54, he tried to change Chris's and Meg's school's name to "Martin Luther King, Jr. High School" just to impress a black girl that he liked even though he knew little about famous black people. (I have nothing against the name change of the school.)

57. Brian has hurt Stewie on several occasions for no reason, like the time when Stewie was really sick and had to be kept in a container to avoid contamination. Brian painted Stewie's ball completely black, he pushed Stewie out of the house, and he spun him around.

58. According to the show's wiki, in "Quagmire's Dad," when Meg was the only one who showed concern for Brian's trip, he harshly brushed her off even though he complained about nobody caring about his trip moments ago.

59. He did not defend his new book in a talk show. Subsequently, one of the talk show hosts criticizes him about this.

60. He never thanked Stewie for making him famous.

61. According to Quagmire, Brian thinks that religion is for stupid people.

thundercat2000

[25]May 1, 2011

62. In the mystery episode when Peter want to split everybody into teams, Brian refused to let Meg join him and Stewie.

chimanruler15

[26]May 5, 2011

63. Brian has smoked and drunk in front of Stewie several times!

thundercat2000

[27]May 6, 2011

64. He may have called Meg beautiful on the inside but he still bashed her by telling her to follow her dreams and tell Chris to follow his.

65. He may have taken Meg to the school dance but he took advantage of her and he was drunk

66. He stole Cheryl Tiegs from Quagmire when he knew Quagmire wanted to get back with her

chimanruler15

[28]May 7, 2011

thundercat2000 wrote:

64. He may have called Meg beautiful on the inside but he still bashed her by telling her to follow her dreams and tell Chris to follow his.

65. He may have taken Meg to the school dance but he took advantage of her and he was drunk

66. He stole Cheryl Tiegs from Quagmire when he knew Quagmire wanted to get back with her

You mean that, "He may have called Meg beautiful on the inside, but he still bashed her by telling her NOT to follow her dreams and by telling Chris to follow his," right?

67. Brian, along with many other residents of Quahog, threw eggs at Meg during the protest when she worked for the super-store and came out to see their protest.

thundercat2000

[29]May 7, 2011

68. In the episode which involves cigarettes, he told Meg he can't stand Megs' smelly face

thundercat2000

[30]May 8, 2011

69. When Meg congradulated Brian on his invitation to receive an award, Brian interrupted her

thundercat2000

[31]May 8, 2011

70. He called Meg the B word

71. He says he doesn't believe in God but he prayed and Stewie said he is a fraud

anthem47

[32]May 9, 2011
    • level: 7

chimanruler15 wrote:

I can't tell if you guys are serious or not? If you're being funny, jokes on me, it totally flew over my head. My bad. If not...it's animated adult entertainment, it's not a handbook on how you live your life. Brian smokes and drinks in front of Stewie? The horror!Stewie smokes and drinks in front of Stewie. It's a joke, it's not supposed to spur debate on smoking around infants.

In fact, there's a lot of this on this board.

"I don't like the show because they treat Meg badly." That's the joke.

"I don't like Herbert because he's a paedophile." That's the joke.

"I don't like Brian because he's a liberal." That's the joke.

I won't go on. I'm just a bit mystified by these overly straightforward reactions. It's like watching Star Wars and being miffed that Darth Vader is so mean. That's the idea, it's what the character is for, it's the role they're designed for. I loved Battlestar Galactica, my favourite character was Gaius Baltar because he was such an entertainingly self-absorbed, pompous prick Now, if I met him in real life, I'd think he was a self-absorbed, pompous prick logically enough, but put on the screen he's wildly fun to watch (probably because it's not real. It's the same reason rollercoasters are fun. Strap me into a chair and push it over a 10 storey drop and I'll be screaming with a little more gusto).

My sister does this all the time and it drives me insane. As in, "I hate Homer because he's such an idiot". No way. An idiot, him? ...of course he's an idiot. Yell

chimanruler15

[33]May 9, 2011

anthem47 wrote:

chimanruler15 wrote:

I can't tell if you guys are serious or not? If you're being funny, jokes on me, it totally flew over my head. My bad. If not...it's animated adult entertainment, it's not a handbook on how you live your life. Brian smokes and drinks in front of Stewie? The horror!Stewie smokes and drinks in front of Stewie. It's a joke, it's not supposed to spur debate on smoking around infants.

I won't go on. I'm just a bit mystified by these overly straightforward reactions. It's like watching Star Wars and being miffed that Darth Vader is so mean. That's the idea, it's what the character is for, it's the role they're designed for. I loved Battlestar Galactica, my favourite character was Gaius Baltar because he was such an entertainingly self-absorbed, pompous prick Now, if I met him in real life, I'd think he was a self-absorbed, pompous prick logically enough, but put on the screen he's wildly fun to watch (probably because it's not real. It's the same reason rollercoasters are fun. Strap me into a chair and push it over a 10 storey drop and I'll be screaming with a little more gusto).

My sister does this all the time and it drives me insane. As in, "I hate Homer because he's such an idiot". No way. An idiot, him? ...of course he's an idiot.

Well, excuse me for expressing my opinions on a topic that I want to discuss. Brian caused Stewie to drink alcohol before, anyway. This forum is one of the few places where I can rant about these things so that I do not get negatively criticized by people like you.

inferre

[34]May 10, 2011
    • level: 11

chimanruler15 wrote:

anthem47 wrote:

chimanruler15 wrote:

My sister does this all the time and it drives me insane. As in, "I hate Homer because he's such an idiot". No way. An idiot, him? ...of course he's an idiot.

Well, excuse me for expressing my opinions on a topic that I want to discuss. Brian caused Stewie to drink alcohol before, anyway. This forum is one of the few places where I can rant about these things so that I do not get negatively criticized by people like you.

Well, to be fair, he slept with a transwoman, not a man. Also - he used the expression "I f* your dad" which reveals that Brian is insensitive towards transgender issues and therefore not standing up to his proclaimed "leftwingness". LGBT, after all, is LGBT. So, anothr reason to hate I guess.

BTW - (a question to people who did not question it before) why would you put the atheist part as a reason to hate someone?!

chimanruler15

[35]May 11, 2011

inferre wrote:

chimanruler15 wrote:

anthem47 wrote:

chimanruler15 wrote:

Well, to be fair, he slept with a transwoman, not a man. Also - he used the expression "I f* your dad" which reveals that Brian is insensitive towards transgender issues and therefore not standing up to his proclaimed "leftwingness". LGBT, after all, is LGBT. So, anothr reason to hate I guess.

BTW - (a question to people who did not question it before) why would you put the atheist part as a reason to hate someone?!

I do not know. I do not hate Atheists at all. I thought that that was not a good reason, too.

thundercat2000

[36]May 11, 2011

72. His politics. If I want to see politics, I watch the news and they work better on American Dad

thundercat2000

[37]May 11, 2011

73. He refused to help win a dog contest for Peter

chimanruler15

[38]May 14, 2011

74. When Lois told Brian to check on Stewie, Brian did not bother to do it and lied to Lois saying that he did.

75. After Lois found out the Stewie was not in the car during the family trip, Brian laughed at the fact that Stewie was not there and that Stewie might be home alone and scared, instead of apologizing to Lois for what he did in reason 74.

thundercat2000

[39]May 19, 2011

76. He pushed Stewies' crib out of Stewies' room with Stewie in it so he could sleep with Rita.

77. He told Stewie he was 8 when Stewie had Hannah Montanas' robot arm and wouldn't mind making out with her. That was creepy and sick.

thundercat2000

[40]May 19, 2011

78. In the episode where he meets his human teenage son, Brian at the beginning of the episode lied to the woman he was trying to impress with magic. He wanted to get laid instead.

79. Brian used to see women for their inner beauty but now he dates only women on the outside and not the bright ones.