Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

A look back at the 2012-2013 season

thundercat2000

[1]Jun 2, 2013
    • level: 17

Here is the good and bad:

The Good:

Into Fat Air: I enjoyed the whole family doing climbing together and still remained together as a family. The cannabalism was a bit much but a good season opener.

Joe's Revenge: There are rare episodes with Joe as the lead but this one was just as good as the one when Peter helped him win the special Olympics but Peter put steroids in his energy drink. Peter later apologized but Joe later caught the guy who got away without steroids and they became friends again. Joe with the help of Peter and Quagmire got the guy who got Joe handicapped. Great action and the subplot with Quagmires' cat was funny. Brian acting jealous and stupid made it worthwile. The icing on the cake was him groping Lois.

Road to Vegas: The best Road to.. episode in a while. Better than that horrible Road to North Pole and I put is second to Road to the Multiverse. Brian was a jerk in this one and I didn't like when he called that hitman on Quagmires' cat. But the ending with the unlucky Brian and the lucky Stewie going to heaven was a classic ending. It would have funnier if they had gone to hell.

Space Cadet: This was a good Chris episode. The Smiths went before them. I'm glad that Chris showed Peter and Lois that he was good at something. Seeing Stewie being a bully to Peter was hysterical.

Brians' Play: This wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Stewie telling Brian the truth made it worthwhile.

12 and half Angry Men: Great parody of a classic movie. At least it had more than 2 characters unlike that horrible bank vault episode. Seeing Quagmire melt like butter was classic. It was funny seeing Consuela as the only woman.

Valentine's Day in Quahog: I didn't the original movie but I enjoyed how each character spent the day. I'm glad that Meg got treated well (though we could have better without the carnaval scene and the twin stuck on her and that picture of her on the farm) I wished that Brian ended up in the hospital instead of sleeping with all his ex-girlfriends. You would have seen Peter and Lois do something reckless but they were in the backseat. Still enjoyable.

Ratings Guy: I like this remake of PTV better.

Total Recall: This was a better remake of Road to Rupert but the subplot would have been better if Peter wasn't so sexist.

Save the Clam: To me the subplot with Meg and Chris was funnier. At least Tyrone madethe main plot watchable.

The Bad:

Yug Ylilaf: This was no doubt the worst episode ever. I rank this second next to the bank vault episode. Brian was a completea-hole and almost had Stewie wipe off the face of the Earth. This is why heis the worst character ever. He has done this before and keeps messing up the past without worrying about what the consequences will be and Stewie has clean up his mess. Seeing people vomit backwards and Stewie doing his business in a diaper backwards is not only funny but is vile and disgusting. Seeing the chicken fight backwards is another thing they should stop. Not worth seeing again.!!

The Giggity Wife: This is the most homophobic episode I've ever scene. Seeing Quagmire and Peter pretending to be gay and almost do it and kiss each other and throwing up. Homophobic and unfunny.

Friends Without Benefits: The worst Meg episode ever. I was boiling mad at what they did to her. Making her shave, have a picture of her back with hair on it, have her brain in her head. WTF Seth??!! They could have made her be friends instead of her pursue Kent. I hope that we have good Meg episodes again. I loved Dial Meg for Murder and I saw A Fistful of Meg for next season. Lets' pray that one is good.

Jesus,Mary and Joseph: Boring and predictable. I hated Meg as the donkey. Peter and Lois were so boring as the leads and should play character parts. We all knew Stewie was going to be the baby. I'll take A Freakin Sweet Christmas over this.

Big Fat: A horrible remake of the other episode where Peter lost his memory. I don't remember the title but that one was better. There was so much Meg hat it was unwatchable. Once again Peter was a fat jerk. There were times I wish he was killed.

Farmer Guy: This was a bad attempt of doing Breaking Bad.

Turban Cowboy: Outdated and racist attempt of being political. It just goes to show that American Dad does politics better.

Chris Cross: A bad Chris episode that involves Herbert. I wished they kill that disgusting, vile,ugly old man. The Ann Murray subplot was a waste.

The Old Man and the Big C: I really didn't care for Carter in this one.

Lois Comes Out of her Shell: What has happened to Lois? She went from being a great mother to a mean, whore. This was Peter driving her away again after reading her a horrible poem and made her act more of teenager instead of her age. That Justin Bieber scene was bad.

Call Girl: Once again we have Lois being a whore and being a hypocrite. Lois should stick in the background and never have the lead again. If this is all Seth can do with her, than it shows that Seth is the biggest sexist ever.

No Country Club For Old Men: Once again, Carter was a jerk but it was good to see him get back at Peter.

There you have it. What do you guys think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ayranci

[2]Jun 4, 2013

I thought season 11 was a decent season of Family Guy. Not great as season 10 but It's still better than season 9. I gave it a 7/10. I hope season 12 is a great and funny season of Family Guy. If It's not, I hope Family Guy gets canceled.

Good ones:

Into Fat Air: It was more enjoyable than season 10 premire episode. There were some funny moments in this episode. It wasn't perfect as season 8 and 9 premire episodes.

Ratings Guy: It was funny and enjoyable. I loved Homer Simpsons' cameo. Peter ruined the TV but he didn't ruined this episode much.

Yug Ymilaf: I know lots of people doesn't enjoy watching Stewie/Brian episodes anymore but I actually liked this episode. This episode is WAAAAAAAAAAY better than "Brian & Stewie", #1 worst Family Guy episode. I actually liked reverse Chicken Fight but I didn't like Brian in this episode too. I still agree that they need to make less Stewie/Brian episodes.

Joes Revenge: I'm glad that Joe decided to catch the criminal who left Joe in a wheelchair. Brian's plot was funny.

Lois Comes Out of her Shell: I didn't like Peter in this episode too but I thought this episode was so hilarious. Stewie's plot was better than Lois' plot.

Space Cadet: This episode was really great Chris episode. The best of season 11. I enjoyed watching this episode just like I enjoyed watching"Back to the Pilot".

Valentines Day in Quahog: This is the first Valentines Day episode of Family Guy and It was perfect. There were lots of funny moments, the intro of this episode was really good and Meg's plot was great too.

12 and a Half Angry Men: It was a good parody of "12 Angry Men" movie but It could have been much better. It has funny moments too.

Big Fat: This episode was great and It has funny moments. I loved "American Dad" and "King of the Hill" intros. It has flaws too. It's another Meg abuse episode and Peter was unlikeable in some scenes.

Roads to Vegas: It was an improvement over the last "Road to ..." episode, Road to North Pole. Peter was really hilarious in this episode. I only didn't like Brian in some scenes like when he hired a hitman to kill Quagmires last cat.

No Country Club for Old Man: This episode was enjoyable and little funny but I didn't like Carter and Peter in some scenes.

Okay ones:

The Old Man and the Big C: This episode was okay and some parts of this episode was enjoyable but the first half of this episode was very boring and I really hated Carter in this episode.

Jesus, Mary and Joesph: I can really understand why lots of people hated this episode. I thought this episode was great when I watched it first but I was wrong. It's just okay. There were some hilarious moments in this episode too and the ending of Peter's story was great but I really hated that Meg was a donkey in Peter's story and also there were some boring scenes in this episode too. It's still better than "Road to North Pole" but not great as the first Christmas episode.

Brian's Play: Sorry people but there were some boring scenes in this episode but It was WAY better than I expected. Brian was a little jerk in this episode too. There were some funny moments in this episode too like "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" cutaway.

Chris Cross: I actually enjoyed watching Stewie/Brian plot but the reason why this episode wasn't good is Chris/Meg plot.

Call Girl: I didn't hate this episode but I didn't like Lois in this episode too. There were some funny moments in this episode too.

Total Recall: I know lots of people liked this episode but I didn't like this episode much. This episode is very OVERRATED. This episode was boring and unfunny but I liked Stewie/Brian plot and It was more enjoyable than Peter/Lois plot.

Save the Clam: Another boring episode of Family Guy but It has funny moments too. I thought Meg/Chris plot was okay but It was the better plot in this episode.

Bad Ones:

Friends Without Benefits: I'm not sure that this episode is the only bad Meg episode but I thought this episode is one of the worst Meg episodes. This episode has funny moments too. I hope "A Fistful of Meg" and "Meg Stinks!" episodes (next Meg episodes of Family Guy) are good.

The Giggity Wife: This episode has gross and boring parts. Also Peter got drunk again in this episode. Only Peter's Soap Opera cutaway was funny.

Turban Cowboy: This episode was very unfunny. I only laughed at first half of this episode. I agree with @thundercat2000. American Dad (South Park too) has better political episodes than this show but honestly I liked "Tea Peter" episode.

Farmer Guy: The worst episode of season 11. Even worse than "Turban Cowboy". Very boring and unfunny. Also I really hated when Brian threatened to kill Stewie because he didn't want to go to the farm.

Edited on 06/04/2013 11:31am
    Edited 2 total times.

thundercat2000

[3]Jun 4, 2013

I agree with you on the Stewie subplot inLois comes out of her shell. Seeing Stewie and the other family members except Brian tuck in their heads was the best scene in that episode.

Ayranci

[4]Jun 5, 2013

thundercat2000 wrote:

I agree with you on the Stewie subplot inLois comes out of her shell. Seeing Stewie and the other family members except Brian tuck in their heads was the best scene in that episode.

Super Mario part was great too.

ilikekatyperry

[5]Jun 5, 2013
    • level: 9

I thought it was decent.

Episodes I liked:
    Into Fat Air
    Yug Ylimaf
    Joe's Revenge
    Space Cadet
    Valentine's Day in Quahog
    12 and a Half Angry Men
    Bigfat
    Total Recall
    Save the Clam
    Roads to Vegas

All in all, I give it a C. It started off good, but fell a bit flat as it went by.

Ayranci

[6]Jun 6, 2013

ilikekatyperry wrote:

I thought it was decent.

Episodes I liked:
    Into Fat Air
    Yug Ylimaf
    Joe's Revenge
    Space Cadet
    Valentine's Day in Quahog
    12 and a Half Angry Men
    Bigfat
    Total Recall
    Save the Clam
    Roads to Vegas

All in all, I give it a C. It started off good, but fell a bit flat as it went by.

I agree with you. Season 11 started well butafter 2013 It went downhill. It's still a decent season.

thundercat2000

[7]Jun 10, 2013

Mr.Griffin goes to Washington was the best political episode Family Guy has done. Tea Peter wasn't bad.

Ayranci

[8]Jun 11, 2013

thundercat2000 wrote:

Mr.Griffin goes to Washington was the best political episode Family Guy has done. Tea Peter wasn't bad.

I agree. I liked"Mr. Griffin Goes to Washington" too.

fsaenz0125

[9]Jun 19, 2013
    • level: 23
    Into Fat Air 9.5/10 Very unique episode and enjoyed everything expect for the eating someone's son part. Funniest cutaway might be the dog one. Favorite line: "Ross Fishman? Your old boyfriend with the p***s?" Favorite character: Peter

Ratings Guy 9/10 Originally an 8 but quickly grew to like it better when I saw it again. The only parts I did not like were the people disrespecting Peter and that cutaway where we just hear Peter in a radio (waste of time). Favorite scene: Peter arranging the shows. Least favorite character: The angry mob in that scene and especially when they all shunned Peter (Horace was the rudest) Favorite line: Homer: Guys! I broke television, and now you have to help me fix it! Peter: Yah-ha! Looks like this is one we beat you to. The Old man and the Big C 9/10 Great episode for the most parts. Favorite character: Quagmire; (least favorite) no one. Favorite scene: Stewie getting impatient with Lois talking to Bonnie and then eventually shot her to hurry it up. Least favorite scene: The last few minutes. Also the cutaway where the women eat each other. Favorite line:I guess all this time Quagmire should've been saying "Wiggity." Yug Ylimaf 10/10 I really liked the unique storyline of the episode. Brian screwing the timeline was a nitpick in this episode. Favorite scenes: There's a lot of them. Mark Hentemann is continuing to write these awesome episodes. Fourth episode in a row he wrote that get a 10 score from me. Favorite character: Stewie. Favorite line: The last line of the episode when Chris heard Stewie talking and Lois said that's ridiculous.

Joe's Revenge 10/10 Some people are underrating this episode too much. I am agreeing with some YouTube user who had a video of the funniest scenes from this episode. better than Sharpe's FG writing debut episode. Favorite character: Joe. Favorite scene: everything Favorite line: Cop: Hey, you're not in uniform. Are you guys cops? Peter: Are you guys cops? Cop: They know we're not cops! Lois Comes Out of Her Shell: 9.5/10 I really enjoyed it. But the girls who both love Family Guy and Justin Bieber are not really gonna like this. :/ Stewie;s plot was better. Favorite character: Sheldon the turtle that is evil. Favorite scene: The fight with Stewie and Sheldon. Least favorite: Peter's eyes are stabbed by knives Favorite line: I'm gonna get our old mom back! Brian, keys! Chris, beer! Meg, UG-LAAAAAY!!!! Friends without Benefits: 8/10 The awesomeness somehow dropped after LCOOHS. I didn't hate it unlike the others, but Meg was a little out of character (not as much when she was in Barley Legal and The Hand that Rock the Wheelchair). Favorite character: None Favorite scene: Peter and Brian not saying anything while Meg is crying. Least favorite: Meg want Chris to be gay.

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph:7/10 I'm surprised at the score. I mildly enjoyed it but not as much as the other episodes in the fall season. Tom Devanney's still a dull writer. Favorite scene: Peter arranging Cherry Cheva's long name and was missing a r.

Space Cadet: 9/10 An improvement over the last one. Almost everything was awesome. The cutaways however were too much for me. :/ Favorite character: Peter. Favorite scene: Chris's art work is just a picture of Bob Belcher from Bob's Burger and Brian sticking his head off. Favorite line: Peter pretending Meg is Chris and she replied a Precise F Strike to him.

Brian's Play: 8/10 An at least enjoyable episode but not the best one ever. Hopefully this Gary Janetti's last penned episode ever so that he doesn't come up with crappy episodes idea again like what happen in 2010. Favorite character: Brian. Favorite scene: none Least favorite scene: Brian try to burn Stewie's play.

The Giggity Wife: 5.5/10 (sighs) Andrew Goldberg disappointed me in this one. Second Goldberg penned episode in arow where I didn't enjoyed a lot. Come on Goldberg write more awesome like you did with Business Guy and the Halloween episode. Favorite character: Stewie despite his limited role. Favorite scene: Mexican opera Least favorite scene: Peter and Quagmire making out and that cutaway with the doctor exposing blood everywhere (you kidding me?) Favorite line: Meg you look pretty next to her and his last line. (stewie)

Valentine;s Day in Quahog: 10/10 Well, an awesome episode that turn out to be the best of the spring season in my opinion. Favorite character: Quagmire. Favorite scene and line: Stewie kissing his mother (young) XD especially the line Oh my God. Stewie, what happened? NONE OF YOUR F**KING BUSINESS WHAT HAPPENED!!!

Chris Cross: 7/10 Such an underrated episode. I;m very equal about the episode though. Favorite character: Herbert. Least favorite: Meg. Favorite scene: Herbert at the end when he was crying that Chris left him.

Call Girl: 6/10 :/ What I said in the topic discussion on the episode. Favorite character: Peter. Favorite parts: The whole act one. Least favorite: Not a scene, but the storyline didn't interest me. Favorite line: Can I interest you guys in a two-and-a-quarter way?

Turban Cowboy: 5/10 Oh boy...the episode that predicted the Boston bomb marathon. Artie Johann and Shawn Ries, you both disappointed me in this episode. After that kickbutt Cool Hand Peter (which aired back in late 2011), you came up with a storyline worse than Call Girl. So much for waiting 15 months for their next scripted episode. Favorite scene: All of act one was so hilarious. Least favorite scene: Most of the second and third act really. Also the cutaway that I mentioned which caused the episode to be banned from airing. Favorite character: Peter; the Muslim guy (my least favorite when he turned into a terrorist). Twelve and a half Angry Men: 8.5/10 A huge improvement. Great writing debut from Ted Jessup. I wasn't bored with the storyline expect for a few arguments from the men. Favorite character: Peter. Least favorite: Tricia's mom (enough of the Asian jokes). Favorite scene: Peter trying to reach the windshheld (one of the funniest long scenes). Favorite line: Until I'm not angry any more you naked bunch of bi***es! XD Funniest cutaway ever here.

Bigfat: 9/10 Great episode but Meg's Butt Monkey status is a little too much here. Favorite character: Quagmire. Great to see the old Glenn Quagmire we used to know. Favorite scene: The song. Least favorite scene: Meg getting eaten by sharks was too over the top.

Total Recall: 8.5/10 I liked this episode better than the other writing debut episode (2 episodes ago). I would wished that they focused on Stewie's plot a little bit. Favorite character: IDK Least favorite: Peter. Favorite scene: the climax

Save the Clam: 8/10 Great episode but there's several lazy scenes. Favorite character: Quagmire Favorite scene: Quagmire stuttering in the funeral. Least favorite: Chris

Farmer Guy: 5.5/10 Patrick Meighan's back to the medicore writing side. I wonder this was his first episode he wrote after his incident in Dec 2011. I didn't enjoyed it as Thanksgiving and Tea Peter. I would watch this than his poor writing back in 2010/2011 season. Favorite scene: I don't have a favorite. Favorite line: Stewie not figuring out about the code.

Roads to Vegas: 10/10 Another underrated episode in the episode. It was an awesome Road to and a big improvement over the last one. Favorite scene: Everything Favorite character: Peter Favorite line: Anytime Peter spoke.

No Country Club for Old Men: 5/10 I was bored with the episode. Big time. Teresa Hsiao needs at least have a good written episode next season. Plus, I forgot what were my favorite scenes.

In conclusion, the fall season gets a 9/10 of average but the spring season however gets a 6.5/10 average.

See the big difference? Fall season had better episode but when spring came (the episodes in Jan and Feb were decent expect Giggity Wife) episodes just dropped in quality again. The ratings add up to an 8/10. I am very disappointed with this season. Looks like Bob's Burgers and American Dad 2012./2013 were better. Yay though.

So far, the upcoming episodes look great expect for one. I'm keeping fingers crossed for a better season next year

thundercat2000

[10]Jun 20, 2013

What about The Simpsons?

Ayranci

[11]Jun 20, 2013

I agree with @fsaenz0125. Season 11 was a little disappointing season. I hope season 12 will be better and Cleveland will return to Family Guy with his family. I also thought the last seasons of American Dad, The Simpsonsand Bob's Burgers were better than the season of Family Guy.

Edited on 06/23/2013 4:33am
    Edited 2 total times.

fsaenz0125

[12]Jun 28, 2013
    • level: 23

Also, another thing, I'm glad that the writers tone down the long scenes. I can only recall at least four (the radio gag, the Christmas Carol gag, Peter fixing the windshield, etc.) in this season. I hope they can keep it up and tone down the violence as well. BTW< I didn't see any blood at all in Into Fat Air, Space Cadet (Sans the hair razor scene), The Giggity Wife (ALMOST darn it if weren't for that very bloody cutaway), Chris Cross (:), Call Girl, and Total Recall. Hoping to see less of those so that there will be any more disgusting, eye violence.