Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

"Baby Got Black" Episode Discussion

How would you describe this episode?

ilikekatyperry

[1]Apr 27, 2014
    • level: 9

In terms of humor, I think this episode started off good, but fell flat toward the end. I did laugh when Peter tips the car after Jerome got out. The ending after Jerome accepts the relationship could have been way funnier.

Edited on 04/27/2014 6:30pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thundercat2000

[2]Apr 28, 2014
    • level: 17

This was okay. The song was funny but it wasn't enough to save it. Reverse racism is something that hasn't been explored enough and at least it tried to examine it.

copper20

[3]Apr 28, 2014
    • level: 6
    These writers need to be beaten to death. This episode was so racist, you won't believe it.

Kwando7

[4]Apr 28, 2014
    • level: 18

copper20 wrote:
    These writers need to be beaten to death. This episode was so racist, you won't believe it.

I think that was the point, showing reverse racism issomething fresh to see in this sort of show. I liked the idea, the song and Brian being a smug self righteous a-hole considering how he's sometimes shown as racist, but I think the ending was a little weird I think Jerome's views should have been met in the middle yes she can date Chris but nothing too serious.

Edited on 04/28/2014 7:16am
    Edited 2 total times.

ayranci2

[5]Apr 28, 2014
    • level: 4

I actually like this one. Even though the episode was racist, It had some funny jokes and the musical number was catchy IMO, even though the song is all about white people. A lot better than Jerome's the New Black episode, which is an episode when Peter was a jerk. 7.5/10

Phoenix_Jeice89

[6]Apr 28, 2014
    • level: 3

I had no problem with this episode, it wasn't a bad one, but anyone else hated Brian in this episode?
    If it wasn't for stewie putting him down I would have given my review a worse score.
    Why is Bryan back?

gamescholar

[7]Apr 29, 2014
    • level: 2

Overall, I think this was an okay episode that contained some good jokes and character development despite much of the race-based jokes being lazily written. The show seen better race-based jokes in earlier seasons. However, I did laugh at Jerome scaring Justin Bieber during Peter's white people song and Peter tipping the car. It was great to put Peter in the role of the voice of reason to calm down Jerome's distrust of his daughter dating Chris and learning of the discrimination Jerome faces. Unfortunately Family Guy no longer has any designated voices of reasons with the morality of Brian and Lois gone and them being reduced to kiss-ass hypocrites in this episode. Brian who was pathetic in trying to impress Jerome and Pam while Lois' mentioning of black celebrities on TV only further made her look like an attention whore. Great thing Stewie called Brian out for hiding his inner racism. I wish they would have focused more on Chris and Pam's relationship and also be consistent with Chris' age (he should be about 16 at this point with Meg at 18, not 14!). I also thought the episode could have ended better as well. I give the episode a 6 out of 10 for giving a shot at exploring a new topic in reverse racism instead of repeating a topic from a previous episode.

Edited on 04/30/2014 12:23am

thundercat2000

[8]Apr 30, 2014

Anybody sick of seeing Peter going to the bathroom? That was disgusting and not funny!! What is so funny about that? Peter hallucinated Quagmire and for the 500th time Peter takes a dump on him. Not funny Seth!!

ayranci2

[9]Apr 30, 2014
    • level: 4

thundercat2000 wrote:

Anybody sick of seeing Peter going to the bathroom? That was disgusting and not funny!! What is so funny about that? Peter hallucinated Quagmire and for the 500th time Peter takes a dump on him. Not funny Seth!!

TBH, I actually laughed at the hallucination parts a lot.

Edited on 04/30/2014 8:20am

Kwando7

[10]May 3, 2014
    • level: 18

thundercat2000 wrote:

Hating on Family guy for toilet jokes is like hating South Park for being vulgar

thundercat2000

[11]May 4, 2014

Kwando7 wrote:

thundercat2000 wrote:

Hating on Family guy for toilet jokes is like hating South Park for being vulgar

When South Park does toilet humor at least it's a little creative.

antdude

[12]May 4, 2014
    • level: 27
    It was OK.