Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

"Boopa-dee Bappa-dee" Episode Discussion

ayranci2

[1]Nov 18, 2013
    • level: 4

Even though It's similar to "Stan of Arabia" episode of American Dad, I really loved this episode more than Stan of Arabia. The characters were good and they weren't jerk in this episode and It had some funny moments. Also they brought back Evil Stewie A LITTLE(There was a scene when he tried to murder Chris). 10/10

This is off topic but It's still pissing me off that the average ratings of recent seasons' episodes are below 6/10. The average rating of this episode is 5/10 now. Does everyone hates most of episodes after season6 or Is there a person on tv.com who hates Family Guy a lot and created too many accounts on tv.com and rate all episodes 1/10? I can understand why many people hates this show now but It's getting annoying and I think It needs to STOP!! Also there are some new episodes that they are just amazing as classic episodes like The Big Bang Theory, Back to the Pilot, Valentines Day in Quahog and And Then There Were Fewer. Even the average ratings of my favorite episodes like Da Boom, Road to Rhode Island, A Very Special Family Guy Freaking Christmas, Emission Impossible, Stewie Griffin the Untold Story episodes, Meet the Quagmires, Road to the multiverse, Back to the Pilot and Valentines Day in Quahog are below 8.6/10. Why the average ratings of amazing Family Guy episodes can't be 9/10 or 9.1/10 like the average ratings of the most loved The Simpsons, Futurama and South Park episodes (Even some of South Park episodes' average ratings are 9.4/10 and 9.5/10)

Edited on 11/18/2013 11:05am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thundercat2000

[2]Nov 18, 2013
    • level: 17

It wasn't bad. I give it a 7 and I'm glad Evil Stewie came back for a couple of minutes. I wished he choked Lois instead.

ilikekatyperry

[4]Nov 18, 2013
    • level: 9

Decent episode. Had many funny parts, though especially after last episode, I did not enjoy the scene with Peter's nudity. Overall, 7/10.

Also, I too have noticed that the episode ratings seem way low. In fact, earlier this year, the episodes of Seasons 9 - 11 had ratings that are way higher than they are now. There even used to be a couple 8's here and there, but they've all dropped to 7.7 and below. What bugs me is that there is not a single Season 11 episode with an 8 or even a 7 rating. The highest for that season is a mere 6.9 (used to be about 8.3 or 8.4), and I think that it might be someone/some people tampering with the ratings.

Edited on 11/18/2013 6:01pm
    Edited 2 total times.

gamescholar

[5]Nov 20, 2013
    • level: 2

This was a good episode, perhaps the best this season so far. 7.5 out of 10 from me. It was similar to the "Stan of Arabia" American Dad episode, but unlike that episode this episode involved the whole Griffin family and didn't mostly focus on the parents. The Super Mario Brothers gags with Meg, the soccer stadium gag, and the return of Evil Stewie were my favorite parts in the episode (Stewie should have went after Lois instead of Chris but the joke was concerning mobsters killing their brothers). I wished the writers would have done some research and focused more on the Griffins dealing with Italian immigration authorities following Peter burning the family's passports instead of focusing on U.S. immigration policies when the family wanted to go home (and using Lois as the politics spewing avatar is never a good idea due to her hypocrisy). I also did not need to see Peter naked again for a second straight episode but that was minor flaw on an otherwise good episode.

I also have noticed the low scores for the Family Guy episodes from the last couple of seasons and the current one (although Boopa-dee Bappa-dee has a 7.2 as of my post). Something suspicious is definitely going on with the recent decline in episode scores as they were much higher prior to the start of this season. It's one thing if fan dissatisfaction has led to this season's episodes having lower scores but with past seasons scores also going down that possibly means someone is opening multiple accounts to bring the episode scores down. Hopefully TV.com can do something about it. At least it does not appear to be affecting Family Guy's overall show score.

thundercat2000

[6]Nov 21, 2013
    • level: 17

gamescholar wrote:

This was a good episode, perhaps the best this season so far. 7.5 out of 10 from me. It was similar to the "Stan of Arabia" American Dad episode, but unlike that episode this episode involved the whole Griffin family and didn't mostly focus on the parents. The Super Mario Brothers gags with Meg, the soccer stadium gag, and the return of Evil Stewie were my favorite parts in the episode (Stewie should have went after Lois instead of Chris but the joke was concerning mobsters killing their brothers). I wished the writers would have done some research and focused more on the Griffins dealing with Italian immigration authorities following Peter burning the family's passports instead of focusing on U.S. immigration policies when the family wanted to go home (and using Lois as the politics spewing avatar is never a good idea due to her hypocrisy). I also did not need to see Peter naked again for a second straight episode but that was minor flaw on an otherwise good episode.

I also have noticed the low scores for the Family Guy episodes from the last couple of seasons and the current one (although Boopa-dee Bappa-dee has a 7.2 as of my post). Something suspicious is definitely going on with the recent decline in episode scores as they were much higher prior to the start of this season. It's one thing if fan dissatisfaction has led to this season's episodes having lower scores but with past seasons scores also going down that possibly means someone is opening multiple accounts to bring the episode scores down. Hopefully TV.com can do something about it. At least it does not appear to be affecting Family Guy's overall show score.

I also hated seeing Peter naked again. WTF?!! He makes me vomit literally!! Stewie should have gone for Lois.

ilikekatyperry

[7]Nov 22, 2013
    • level: 9

The rating for this episode fell from 7.2 to 4.9 in mere days. I think someone is tampering with the ratings.

dancingbeatle

[8]Nov 24, 2013
    • level: 45
    Did the Griffins pick up any actual italian?