Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

"Brian's a Bad Father" Episode Discussion

ayranci2

[1]Jan 27, 2014
    • level: 4

What do you think of this episode? Discuss.

In my opinion, this episode was terribleand the jokes weren't funny.When Iheard this episode, I knew I wouldn't like it because I never liked Former Life of Brianepisode but at least I laughed at a few parts and It has an emotional scene with Brian and his son. This episode has a few funny parts too but not much and I hated Brian in this episode. The subplot was terrible too.I really hated Peter when he shoted Quagmire. I know Peter is stupid but come on, It's not funny. One of the worst season 12 episodes. 2.5/10. I hope the next episode is good.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thundercat2000

[2]Jan 27, 2014
    • level: 17

ayranci2 wrote:

What do you think of this episode? Discuss.

In my opinion, this episode was terribleand the jokes weren't funny.When Iheard this episode, I knew I wouldn't like it because I never liked Former Life of Brianepisode but at least I laughed at a few parts and It has an emotional scene with Brian and his son. This episode has a few funny parts too but not much and I hated Brian in this episode. The subplot was terrible too.I really hated Peter when he shoted Quagmire. I know Peter is stupid but come on, It's not funny. One of the worst season 12 episodes. 2.5/10. I hope the next episode is good.

I hated Brian and Peter in this one too. Peter deserved being shot by Quagmire. Peter is stupid but WTF? Also Brian as usual was an a-hole. The ending wasn't enough to save it. Another bad episode.

thundercat2000

[3]Jan 27, 2014

What was with Meg? She came home and her dress was torned? She mentioned a shriners club so it probably means she had fun.

copper20

[4]Jan 27, 2014
    • level: 6
    Here's the problem with emotional scenes in Family Guy - they do this slow dramatic zoom in almost every episode. I wouldn't complain if it wasn't used a MILLION TIMES!

Additionally, did we really need Stewie as Zach to constantly drag on a scene?

gideonbernstein

[5]Jan 27, 2014
    • level: 44
    It's things like this that prove to me that Quagmire is right about Brian.

ilikekatyperry

[6]Jan 31, 2014
    • level: 9

This episode is pretty much like most episodes this season: a handful of semi-funny parts, but nothing funnier than that. I agree that Brian and Peter weren't likable in this one. I disliked the joke about Meg cutting herself. The sudden pause in Stewie's message to Dylan wasn't needed. 3/10

Edited on 06/22/2014 6:28pm
    Edited 2 total times.

gamescholar

[7]Feb 6, 2014
    • level: 3

I agree with everyone who posted that this wasn't a good episode. There were some funny parts like Brian stealing the catering snacks, the deer beating up Peter and Jerome forcing Peter to sit at another table after Quagmire called him a "fat f***" among other obscenities. However, much of the episode was focused on certain characters (Brian and Peter) being douchebags. Peter definitely got what he deserved from both Quagmire and Joe. (Too bad Peter will be back to normal in the next episode, meaning he won't learn his lesson). The last two parts that involved Meg made little sense, with the arm cutting advice to Peter being typically Meg bashing. Chris could have been included in the episode, either in the living room scene introducing Dylan's show or replacing Meg in the early morning scene by telling Brian off on his treatment of Dylan. Speaking of which,I also wish the writers would quit being lazy and explain how Dylan is Brian's son. If they get to it, they could possibly have Stewie investigate and explain the whole thing to Brian and Dylan. Hopefully they don't suddenly then decide that Brian is not the father after stating it the entire time. At this rate, that looks like a possible create a Family Guy episode idea for me until then. Overall, because they decided to reference the whole Brian and Dylan relationship again without adding anything new to it, the main characters being jerks, and there not being enough funny scenes, I give this episode a 3.5 out of 10.

thundercat2000

[8]Feb 7, 2014

gamescholar wrote:

I agree with everyone who posted that this wasn't a good episode. There were some funny parts like Brian stealing the catering snacks, the deer beating up Peter and Jerome forcing Peter to sit at another table after Quagmire called him a "fat f***" among other obscenities. However, much of the episode was focused on certain characters (Brian and Peter) being douchebags. Peter definitely got what he deserved from both Quagmire and Joe. (Too bad Peter will be back to normal in the next episode, meaning he won't learn his lesson). The last two parts that involved Meg made little sense, with the arm cutting advice to Peter being typically Meg bashing. Chris could have been included in the episode, either in the living room scene introducing Dylan's show or replacing Meg in the early morning scene by telling Brian off on his treatment of Dylan. Speaking of which,I also wish the writers would quit being lazy and explain how Dylan is Brian's son. If they get to it, they could possibly have Stewie investigate and explain the whole thing to Brian and Dylan. Hopefully they don't suddenly then decide that Brian is not the father after stating it the entire time. At this rate, that looks like a possible create a Family Guy episode idea for me until then. Overall, because they decided to reference the whole Brian and Dylan relationship again without adding anything new to it, the main characters being jerks, and there not being enough funny scenes, I give this episode a 3.5 out of 10.

That is a great idea. You know, I don't think Dylan is Brian's son. Come on!! Dylan is human and Brian is a dog. Everybody keeps saying it's Family Guy but still Come on!! Dylan has no doggie traits or features. If he does, than it would be believeable but making him 100% human is going too far. Brian should adopt Dylan and act as a surrogate father. Stewie should look for Dylans' real father ( a human no doubt) and bring him into the picture. That would make a great episode. Good luck on your idea. This episode I give a 1.