Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Did Brian get what he deserved in Quagmires' Dad?

thundercat2000

[1]May 29, 2010
    • level: 17

Be honest. He didn't know it was Quagmires' Dad but Brian will hit on any woman and show no regrets. He has hurted Rita and my answer is yes.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TudorRose

[2]May 29, 2010
    • level: 14

thundercat2000 wrote:

Be honest. He didn't know it was Quagmires' Dad but Brian will hit on any woman and show no regrets. He has hurted Rita and my answer is yes.

Well the whole website knows how you hate Family Guy and Brian. Its a no brainer that you would think that. I say no.

Samuel2484

[3]May 30, 2010
    • level: 16

TudorRose wrote:

thundercat2000 wrote:

Well the whole website knows how you hate Family Guy and Brian. Its a no brainer that you would think that. I say no.

Iactuallyagree with thundercat on this one. Even though Brian's my favourite, lately he's been the most repulsive character this Season whichdisappointsme because when he was a good character, he was a great character! But someone had to kick him in thecrotchto get his head back in the game this time so I say yes.

TVroundtheclock

[4]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 8
    yes

saiyanman123

[5]Jun 8, 2010
    • level: 5

yup.

futuramarama

[6]Jun 17, 2010
    • level: 37
    instead of a simple "yes" (you guys don't have REASONS why?), I'll give some reasons why i think no.

first off I don't watch this show a lot so I don't know how Brian normally treats woman. But, I do know Brian had NO idea Ida was Quagmire's Dad. Ergo, I don't think he should have gone crazy and beat the crap out of him. I know he hates Brian, but still.

Southparkfa

[7]Jun 18, 2010
    • level: 18

I'm kinda neutral on this one. If the question was about a different girl, like Jillian, I probablly would have said yes because Brian's my least favorite main character, but for this one I don't really think so because first of all everyone in the family treats him lie s**t all of a sudden, and he was down his luck, and he didn't know that Quagmire's dad had his sex change. If he'd had known and still done it I would agree with this more, but he didn't, and that's why I really think he didn't deserve it, at least not in this situation.

LukeJames525

[8]Jun 21, 2010
    • level: 19
    thundercat2000 wrote:

No. Brian didn't do anything wrong.

LostSasuske

[9]Jun 22, 2010
    • level: 6
    He did get what he deserved dogs shouldn't go out with humans and and sex changing I think is wrong also and Brian throwing up was actually funny why does everyone hate that scene I loved it but yes he deserved it only because it was funny.

Southparkfa

[10]Jun 25, 2010

LostSasuske wrote:
    He did get what he deserved dogs shouldn't go out with humans and and sex changing I think is wrong also and Brian throwing up was actually funny why does everyone hate that scene I loved it but yes he deserved it only because it was funny.

Seriously? You seriously found Quagmire beating Brian up funny? What if that was real? Would it still be funny, or would you be like "that's a horrible thing to do!"? And a whole minute dedicated to vomitting is not funny. End of story, LostSasuske

BundyX75

[11]Jun 25, 2010

Southparkfa wrote:

LostSasuske wrote:

Seriously? You seriously found Quagmire beating Brian up funny? What if that was real? Would it still be funny, or would you be like "that's a horrible thing to do!"? And a whole minute dedicated to vomitting is not funny. End of story, LostSasuske

To be fair, a lot of things done on Family Guy, wouldn't really be funny in real life. Not that I agree that the fighting or vomitting was funny, just saying. Personally, Brian's line after getting his ass kicked was funny and the vomitting thing was just awful.

Anyways, I'll probably go with no. I want to say yes, because I felt that the writers have ruined the Brian character over the course of the series (as I'd say they did with Stewie, Peter [to a lesser extent to the rest], Meg, and recently Lois) but impartially, he didn't deserve it. The self realization of what he did was enough, he didn't need an additionally punishement from Quagmire to get what he deserved.

Southparkfa

[12]Jun 26, 2010

BundyX75 wrote:

Southparkfa wrote:

LostSasuske wrote:

To be fair, a lot of things done on Family Guy, wouldn't really be funny in real life. Not that I agree that the fighting or vomitting was funny, just saying. Personally, Brian's line after getting his ass kicked was funny and the vomitting thing was just awful.

Anyways, I'll probably go with no. I want to say yes, because I felt that the writers have ruined the Brian character over the course of the series (as I'd say they did with Stewie, Peter [to a lesser extent to the rest], Meg, and recently Lois) but impartially, he didn't deserve it. The self realization of what he did was enough, he didn't need an additionally punishement from Quagmire to get what he deserved.

True, many things done on cartoons would not be funny in real life. I did like his line at the end, just saying. I just was saying that, in this particular case at least, he didn't deserve what he got, at least not this time

hueyf

[13]Jun 28, 2010

Yeah he deserved it.

Raccoon1459

[14]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 22
    I would say so.

futuramarama

[15]Jun 30, 2010
    • level: 37
    I think the reason people like Family Guy a lot is the humor (of course), most of which wouldn't be funny in real life (heck, most of which wouldn't be POSSIBLE in real life). I mean, a lot of the humor is from Stewie or Brian, and obviously dogs and babies that young can't talk, so that's not possible if something they do that wouldn't be funny in real life happens, because it simply CAN'T happen. In this instance, some people found Quagmire beating up Brian funny, some didn't. Of course if a dog got beat up that badly it wouldn't be funny (unless you have a sick sense of humor...), but the truth is it wouldn't happen for the reason it did (I'm sure some people abuse their pets around the world for various reasons, but I doubt sleeping with someone is a reason). It's a cartoon of course, so a lot of the stuff that happens in it cannot really happen, ergo it doesn't entirely matter. Thinking "Gee, if that happened in real life, that sure would not be funny" when watching is kind of missing the point IMO. A lot of stuff that happens in comedy, TV, movies, books, etc. wouldn't be funny necesarily(sp) if they happened in real life. But some of it, especially in cartoons like this and maybe South Park (I haven't really seen it but it seems pretty unrealistic), simply cannot happen in real life. This show has its own universe, where basically anything can happen, and they are willing to go with that fact to do outlandish things in attempt to make us laugh. Sometimes this may include hurting a character in a weird way which would not be funny in real life, bugt sometimes that scene could also not happen in real life. Peter Vs The Giant Chicken for instance, are done sometimes. I've never encountered a fight with a chicken, and I am almost 100 percent certain that none of my friends have, nor any adult I know. Of course, if it did, and the stunts they do in those, do happen, it would not be as funny (or funny at all), as it is in the show, but the chances of it happening are impossible. This show does that a lot of the time. The stuff is funny to us because we find it funny, but I think if people think "That wouldn't be funny if it really happened" a lot of the time, it just wouldn't be fun to watch the show because you'd probably be saying that a lot