Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Family guy is just stupid now

  • Avatar of Woahwoah312

    Woahwoah312

    [1]Oct 21, 2011
    • member since: 07/12/11
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 39

    I just hate FG now. It's just pointless cutaways that are now stinkin 3 minute music videos,characters who don't act like their normal selves,idiotic fart and 911 jokes,and long scenes that are pointless. Seth is clearly running out of ideas.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ZoneHero

    ZoneHero

    [2]Oct 23, 2011
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 867

    Don't forget the rape jokes, Family Guy has made ALOT of those.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of PIGGYDOOM

    PIGGYDOOM

    [3]Mar 18, 2013
    • member since: 11/18/12
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 158

    If you guys hate Family Guy so much, then why are you here? I love Family Guy and I know it's not as great as it used to be but that doesn't mean it's terrible. So if you don't like Family Guy, them just don't watch it and get off this forum. @Woahwoah312, stop being on forums for shows you hate! You shouldn't be on forums for shows like FOP, Sonic X, iCarly, Spongebob, or even Family Guy. It's okay if your on a forum for something like Fanboy and Chum Chum, Johnny Test, or The Problem Solverz, since those shows don't even get good ratings and that's okay. But not for a show with a big fan base.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ZoneHero

    ZoneHero

    [4]Mar 18, 2013
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 867
    PIGGYDOOM wrote:

    If you guys hate Family Guy so much, then why are you here? I love Family Guy and I know it's not as great as it used to be but that doesn't mean it's terrible. So if you don't like Family Guy, them just don't watch it and get off this forum. @Woahwoah312, stop being on forums for shows you hate! You shouldn't be on forums for shows like FOP, Sonic X, iCarly, Spongebob, or even Family Guy. It's okay if your on a forum for something like Fanboy and Chum Chum, Johnny Test, or The Problem Solverz, since those shows don't even get good ratings and that's okay. But not for a show with a big fan base.



    But thats the problem: the show had made such a drop from its return. It become random but somehow being NOT funny, became slighty preachy morals and just insulting when it cames to pretty all religion (still not use to the whole Mort with money thing, but I wouldn't be surprise if it will be odd when they actual do something else with him), and pretty much EVERYONE is an unlikeable jerk, they're making Meg close to become one of them...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of PIGGYDOOM

    PIGGYDOOM

    [5]Mar 19, 2013
    • member since: 11/18/12
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 158

    ZoneHero wrote:
    PIGGYDOOM wrote:


    If you guys hate Family Guy so much, then why are you here? I love Family Guy and I know it's not as great as it used to be but that doesn't mean it's terrible. So if you don't like Family Guy, them just don't watch it and get off this forum. @Woahwoah312, stop being on forums for shows you hate! You shouldn't be on forums for shows like FOP, Sonic X, iCarly, Spongebob, or even Family Guy. It's okay if your on a forum for something like Fanboy and Chum Chum, Johnny Test, or The Problem Solverz, since those shows don't even get good ratings and that's okay. But not for a show with a big fan base.


    But thats the problem: the show had made such a drop from its return. It become random but somehow being NOT funny, became slighty preachy morals and just insulting when it cames to pretty all religion (still not use to the whole Mort with money thing, but I wouldn't be surprise if it will be odd when they actual do something else with him), and pretty much EVERYONE is an unlikeable jerk, they're making Meg close to become one of them...
    Like I said, if you hate this show now, then why are you here? And I love Family Guy no matter what! And if you hate it, then back off and just don't watch it.

    Edited on 03/19/2013 2:05pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of FOP_fan17

    FOP_fan17

    [6]Mar 21, 2013
    • member since: 02/12/08
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 5,081
    ^I dislike this show as well as FOP (although I'm sure you know that already), yet I have no intention of leaving that forum. Another forum I visit is chock full of people who absolutely DESPISE FG.....at least 95% of members there watch the show every week and bash it every time. The entire point of a forum is to discuss a show, not sing to praises that most fans don't believe it has anymore. If that means the discussion is mostly negative, then so be it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ayranci

    Ayranci

    [7]Mar 24, 2013
    • member since: 06/29/12
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 98

    I agree with @PIGGYDOOM. I still like Family Guy but I think It's not good as old seasons anymore. Also FOP and SpongeBob went down just like Family Guy too but still has good episodes.


    The problems of this show:


    1. Stewie used to be an evil genius and try to kill Lois but he turned into a gay. (I have no problem with gays. I just want evil genius Steiwe)


    2. Sometimes Brian and Peter becomes a jerk. I hate when Peter insults Meg.


    3. Humor ideas are running out.


    4.It has many religious and political episodes. (this show is not South Park)


    @Fop_fan17, If you dislike Family Guyand FOP, why they are still your favorite shows?

    Edited on 03/24/2013 4:39am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ZoneHero

    ZoneHero

    [8]Mar 24, 2013
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 867
    PIGGYDOOM wrote:

    ZoneHero wrote:
    PIGGYDOOM wrote:


    If you guys hate Family Guy so much, then why are you here? I love Family Guy and I know it's not as great as it used to be but that doesn't mean it's terrible. So if you don't like Family Guy, them just don't watch it and get off this forum. @Woahwoah312, stop being on forums for shows you hate! You shouldn't be on forums for shows like FOP, Sonic X, iCarly, Spongebob, or even Family Guy. It's okay if your on a forum for something like Fanboy and Chum Chum, Johnny Test, or The Problem Solverz, since those shows don't even get good ratings and that's okay. But not for a show with a big fan base.


    But thats the problem: the show had made such a drop from its return. It become random but somehow being NOT funny, became slighty preachy morals and just insulting when it cames to pretty all religion (still not use to the whole Mort with money thing, but I wouldn't be surprise if it will be odd when they actual do something else with him), and pretty much EVERYONE is an unlikeable jerk, they're making Meg close to become one of them...
    Like I said, if you hate this show now, then why are you here? And I love Family Guy no matter what! And if you hate it, then back off and just don't watch it.



    Here's a better idea, if you want to see nothing but praise for the show, than don't hang around on board where is bash on. Try it's facebook page, they take down anything bad the fans comment on there. I do try to avoid, but my brother records it on DVR and I am tempted to see how big a train wreck the epsidoe would be, like how everyone is willing to see how Michael Bay would have the TMNT be aliens and have Megan Fox as APril O'Neil. Heck, I even watch them to see if either the characters at least act the way the were in the first season, basically being a family to each other rather than dicks! But it time to face the facts, the series is the just like how the show "Teen Titans, GO!" is to the old show, in which they taken out all the dramatic and emotional stuff that made you care for the characters and replace it with jokes!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of FOP_fan17

    FOP_fan17

    [9]Mar 28, 2013
    • member since: 02/12/08
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 5,081

    Ayranci wrote:


    I agree with @PIGGYDOOM. I still like Family Guy but I think It's not good as old seasons anymore. Also FOP and SpongeBob went down just like Family Guy too but still has good episodes.


    The problems of this show:


    1. Stewie used to be an evil genius and try to kill Lois but he turned into a gay. (I have no problem with gays. I just want evil genius Steiwe)


    2. Sometimes Brian and Peter becomes a jerk. I hate when Peter insults Meg.


    3. Humor ideas are running out.


    4.It has many religious and political episodes. (this show is not South Park)


    @Fop_fan17, If you dislike Family Guyand FOP, why they are still your favorite shows?


    They're not my favorite shows. American Dad!, Futurama, and TMNT are. But I was a fan of both shows when I first registered for an account here, which explains my username and signature. I didn't change my username because I didn't want to lower my levels, and I still like to talk about OLD episodes....I still enjoy the old stuff, just not the new stuff. As for Family Guy, I thought it still had potential when I first started out here but changed my mind after a season or two.For the longest time I just couldn't be bothered to change my signature.

    Edited on 03/28/2013 5:34pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of PIGGYDOOM

    PIGGYDOOM

    [10]Jul 23, 2013
    • member since: 11/18/12
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 158

    ZoneHero wrote:
    PIGGYDOOM wrote:


    ZoneHero wrote:
    PIGGYDOOM wrote:


    If you guys hate Family Guy so much, then why are you here? I love Family Guy and I know it's not as great as it used to be but that doesn't mean it's terrible. So if you don't like Family Guy, them just don't watch it and get off this forum. @Woahwoah312, stop being on forums for shows you hate! You shouldn't be on forums for shows like FOP, Sonic X, iCarly, Spongebob, or even Family Guy. It's okay if your on a forum for something like Fanboy and Chum Chum, Johnny Test, or The Problem Solverz, since those shows don't even get good ratings and that's okay. But not for a show with a big fan base.


    But thats the problem: the show had made such a drop from its return. It become random but somehow being NOT funny, became slighty preachy morals and just insulting when it cames to pretty all religion (still not use to the whole Mort with money thing, but I wouldn't be surprise if it will be odd when they actual do something else with him), and pretty much EVERYONE is an unlikeable jerk, they're making Meg close to become one of them...
    Like I said, if you hate this show now, then why are you here? And I love Family Guy no matter what! And if you hate it, then back off and just don't watch it.


    Here's a better idea, if you want to see nothing but praise for the show, than don't hang around on board where is bash on. Try it's facebook page, they take down anything bad the fans comment on there. I do try to avoid, but my brother records it on DVR and I am tempted to see how big a train wreck the epsidoe would be, like how everyone is willing to see how Michael Bay would have the TMNT be aliens and have Megan Fox as APril O'Neil. Heck, I even watch them to see if either the characters at least act the way the were in the first season, basically being a family to each other rather than dicks! But it time to face the facts, the series is the just like how the show "Teen Titans, GO!" is to the old show, in which they taken out all the dramatic and emotional stuff that made you care for the characters and replace it with jokes!


    I still enjoy this show no matter what! You should know that its not nice to chat on forums for shows you hate. There are tons of Family Guy fans out there that love this show no matter what and your just trying to make us hate it or something. The new art style on the show is beautiful, and I still notice dramatic and emotional stuff, ever seen "Amish Dad", it was pretty sad when Meg had to leave the boy she loved. I don't care what you say about this show, if you hate it so much right now, just ignore it and don't watch it. Its not that hard and I've said that like 3 times already!

    Edited on 07/23/2013 6:03am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thephantom

    thephantom

    [11]Aug 19, 2013
    • member since: 08/15/13
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 48
    I only watch Family Guy when I have nothing better to do. It really not as good as people say it is. Simpsons and American Dad are superior.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Slinkgirl95

    Slinkgirl95

    [12]Aug 23, 2013
    • member since: 08/14/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 56

    I have to agree, FG hasn't been as great lately. Like, Peter is just a childish baby who acts too childish and doesn't care about his kids. Lois is a character I never really cared for, but she's become a bit of a slut; always tries to have sex with others (e.g. Meg's boyfriend). Well, yes, Peter was making her feel old, but she was making out with someone a lot younger than her. Pedophilia much? Chris is kind of the same. Meg is kind of the same, but is more harrassed than ever. But what I hate about Meg is that she tries to be friends with Connie, who is such a bitch to her. That's like me trying to be friends with the bitch girls at school. Brian was the voice of reason, and was somewhat a good character in the earlier seasons. But now, he's liberal, always dates bimbos, and always gives boring statements about crap no one cares about, like, "Oh, we should legalize marijuana!" and then gives a boring speech about it. Stewie has changed a lot also; he was once an evil baby, but now acts like an actual baby.


    Another thing is the jokes; they're all 911 jokes, cancer jokes, those stupid Conway Twitty cutaways gags (I'm laughing my ass off, hurr hurr hurr hurr! *sarcasm*) and Jew jokes. And another thing are the plots, if there's any. Again, they just revolve around the same things.


    I say South Park is a much better show. It too has similar jokes, but they come off as much stronger.


    I still watch FG, just the newer episodes aren't as great.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thephantom

    thephantom

    [13]Aug 24, 2013
    • member since: 08/15/13
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 48

    Family Guy is just stupid now. The characters are retards and the jokes are just offensive cutaway gags. Peter is to stupid to live and doesn't care about his kids. Lois is a space occupier. Chris does nothing interesting or funny. Meg is a punching bag who's harassed for no reason. If I were her, I would have committed suicide by now. Stewie does nothing thats actually evil and just acts like a baby. Brian is a liberal douche . He also sings ridiculous songs and makes boring speeches like "legalize marijuana". Thats all he does if the episode is not Stewie centric.


    The jokes are just cutaway gags that have nothing to do with the plot. A lot of them of 911 jokes,cancer jokes, Jew jokes and making fun of celebrities. A lot of people could also be offended by some of the jokes. The plot also revolves around the same thing, the characters being stupid. They stupidity creates a situation and they have to do something smart to stop it


    I say American Dad is a much better show. Its a lot funnier. Even Cleveland Show is better than Family Guy

    Edited on 08/24/2013 2:25pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Slinkgirl95

    Slinkgirl95

    [14]Aug 24, 2013
    • member since: 08/14/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 56

    I real have to agree with you. And, I've noticed that they keep shoving a ton of 1980s cliches and crap into the episodes, and making it seem like a show from the 1980s. I like 1980s culture and stuff, but not when it's cliched the crap out of in FG. Like, for example, characters putting their hands on their hips and saying the characters name (Lois and Bonny saying, "Quagmire" in unison) or when Peter is like, "That's our Quagmire!" We get it; Seth MarFarlene liked the 1980s. And the characyers always put out the obvious in scenes. We're not deaf or blind.



    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thundercat2000

    thundercat2000

    [15]Aug 25, 2013
    • member since: 03/17/07
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 2,490

    I loved the 80s too but when Seth puts those in, they are so outdated. Seth prefers the past and doesn't want to accept the present. It feels he has a bitterness for today and prefers the past.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thundercat2000

    thundercat2000

    [16]Aug 28, 2013
    • member since: 03/17/07
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 2,490

    PIGGYDOOM wrote:


    ZoneHero wrote:
    PIGGYDOOM wrote:


    ZoneHero wrote:
    PIGGYDOOM wrote:


    If you guys hate Family Guy so much, then why are you here? I love Family Guy and I know it's not as great as it used to be but that doesn't mean it's terrible. So if you don't like Family Guy, them just don't watch it and get off this forum. @Woahwoah312, stop being on forums for shows you hate! You shouldn't be on forums for shows like FOP, Sonic X, iCarly, Spongebob, or even Family Guy. It's okay if your on a forum for something like Fanboy and Chum Chum, Johnny Test, or The Problem Solverz, since those shows don't even get good ratings and that's okay. But not for a show with a big fan base.


    But thats the problem: the show had made such a drop from its return. It become random but somehow being NOT funny, became slighty preachy morals and just insulting when it cames to pretty all religion (still not use to the whole Mort with money thing, but I wouldn't be surprise if it will be odd when they actual do something else with him), and pretty much EVERYONE is an unlikeable jerk, they're making Meg close to become one of them...
    Like I said, if you hate this show now, then why are you here? And I love Family Guy no matter what! And if you hate it, then back off and just don't watch it.


    Here's a better idea, if you want to see nothing but praise for the show, than don't hang around on board where is bash on. Try it's facebook page, they take down anything bad the fans comment on there. I do try to avoid, but my brother records it on DVR and I am tempted to see how big a train wreck the epsidoe would be, like how everyone is willing to see how Michael Bay would have the TMNT be aliens and have Megan Fox as APril O'Neil. Heck, I even watch them to see if either the characters at least act the way the were in the first season, basically being a family to each other rather than dicks! But it time to face the facts, the series is the just like how the show "Teen Titans, GO!" is to the old show, in which they taken out all the dramatic and emotional stuff that made you care for the characters and replace it with jokes!


    I still enjoy this show no matter what! You should know that its not nice to chat on forums for shows you hate. There are tons of Family Guy fans out there that love this show no matter what and your just trying to make us hate it or something. The new art style on the show is beautiful, and I still notice dramatic and emotional stuff, ever seen "Amish Dad", it was pretty sad when Meg had to leave the boy she loved. I don't care what you say about this show, if you hate it so much right now, just ignore it and don't watch it. Its not that hard and I've said that like 3 times already!


    Amish Dad wasn't bad and it was sad when Meg had to leave the boy. I want more good Meg episodes like Dial Meg for Murder.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Raccoon1459

    Raccoon1459

    [17]Sep 29, 2013
    • member since: 04/02/10
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,202
    Is there no way to save this show from failing?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.