Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Forum Guidelines

fishzone

[1]Oct 11, 2006
    • level: 43
    Here are a few general forum guidelines thanks to Gislef.

1 ) As far as I can tell from TV.com, this is a discussion board, for Family Guy. Games don't involve discussion. There's a Games Forum I'd recommend for anyone wanting to run games. Any games posted here will probably be locked.

2 ) The best way to assure discussion is to explain why you think what you think. "What's your favorite episode?" = not so good. "What's your favorite episode and why?" = good.

3) There are personal blogs and sig lines for personal stuff, including fan fiction - please use those. This includes advertising and feedback on your personal stuff. If you have forum or submission questions, PM me, don't post on the forum.

4 ) General rules about flaming, trolling, advertising, etc., apply. If someone violates these rules, report them and don't argue with or engage them or tell them "I'm reporting you." That'll just get you moderated for being off-topic too.

5 ) Again, forums are discussion boards. Responses like "Yeah" and "I agree" aren't really productive or involve discussions, and are often considered disruptive. Neither are countdown-type threads that simply marking time.

6 ) Try to avoid excessive quoting of previous posts, as it becomes disruptive. Folks can read the threads directly above you. Usually more quoting
    then your actual response can be distracting and disruptive.
    Edited on 10/11/2006 11:24am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fishzone

[2]Dec 7, 2006
    7) If someone posts a disruptive topic, only posted to annoy the fans (i.e. "Family Guy Sucks") DO NOT POST in the thread telling how they are wrong and how they should leave. If you ignore it, it will go away. Posting in it is just fueling the folks to flame the show more.
    Edited on 12/07/2006 9:08am

fishzone

[3]Dec 10, 2006
    Episode Discussions:

From now on, all talk related to the new episodes should be in the forthcoming "Official Episode Discussion" Threads. No more of the threads like last time (the "Olivia Dies!" thread). All duplicate threads will be locked, and or deleted. Also, if its a big spoiler, please use the new Spoilers tag function.
    Edited on 12/10/2006 8:31pm

fishzone

[4]Oct 22, 2007
    Also, I'd just like to remind everyone that the discussion of piracy, and the discussion of illegally obtained episodes is strictly prohibited, and will not be tolerated. Your post will be deleted/reported/moderated.