Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Friends Without Benefits Episode Discussion

jacktoo

[1]Dec 10, 2012
    • level: 20

So, what did you guys think about last night's episode?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FOP_fan17

[2]Dec 10, 2012
    • level: 22
    This episode flat-out sucked. I disliked how Meg was portrayed (I honestly think she was a bit out of character). The entire family (excluding Chris) treated her like crap even though she did nothing to provoke this. For starters, Brian was always one who offered her advice, in this episode he avoided her at first. No explanation given. Lois is an incredibly terrible mother, who hides from her own daughter's problems? Not to mention that she washes Meg's clothes with Stewie's diapers, and how she says it's lame to ask a guy out on a date...just because she's a housewife doesn't mean the rest of us are stuck in the 50's. It's perfectly acceptable for a woman to pursue a man! Also, I didn't like how Stewie was reading Meg's diary...I know everyone in the family participates in that, but I always thought he and Brian had more respect for others than to initiate on their own. Also, that whole "joke" with Meg's heart wasn't funny at all. The only saving grace was Chris, who honestly tried to help Meg by giving her that picture and telling her that story of when they were little. He seemed more in tune with things and more intelligent, too. Once again, American Dad proved that it is far superior to Family Guy in every single aspect of writing and producing an excellent comedy.

Adv193

[3]Dec 10, 2012
    • level: 23

The part of Lois mentioning to Bonnie on the phone that she has left Stewie in the oven multiple times was a very sick and cruel joke that I did not like at all and shows the signs that her new personality is becoming towards that of an abusive parent. I also agree the whole joke of Meg's heart and why she has to wear a cap was stupid and contradicts the previous episodes of when Meg wasn't wearing her cap. Course this is obviously a one-episode joke.

Edited on 12/10/2012 9:24pm

thundercat2000

[4]Dec 10, 2012
    • level: 17

Not only with Megs' heart but her shaving her face and a picture of her back with hair on it was cruel,sick and unfunny. They are trying to make her gross when she really isn't. When she is dressed up, she is beautiful.

FOP_fan17

[5]Dec 11, 2012
    ^Yes, all of those things were sick as well.And the fact that Bonnie has also put Susie in the oven was unacceptable, too. If I were Mila Kunis, I'd leave the show; I wouldn't voice a character being treated that way.

antdude

[6]Dec 16, 2012
    • level: 27
    It was OK.

mysticbeam

[7]Dec 17, 2012
    • level: 11

This wasnt that bad of an episode. Yes the treatment of meg by loius was awful but those were a few small momen ts of the episode. Brian's treatment of meg in this episode isnt any different than it has been. Yeah he does usually give her adice but its been seen before that he isnt really crazy about her either. Stewie reading megs diary wasnt that big of a deal because , again it was a 2 minute long clip and then he really never reacted with her again.

the episode did have its good parts

quintex96

[8]Dec 19, 2012
    • level: 9
    mysticbeam wrote:

This wasnt that bad of an episode. Yes the treatment of meg by loius was awful but those were a few small momen ts of the episode. Brian's treatment of meg in this episode isnt any different than it has been. Yeah he does usually give her adice but its been seen before that he isnt really crazy about her either. Stewie reading megs diary wasnt that big of a deal because , again it was a 2 minute long clip and then he really never reacted with her again.

the episode did have its good parts

Agreed, it was an OK episode, though Meg was a tad OOC.

thundercat2000

[9]Dec 19, 2012
    • level: 17

I'm glad that Chris bond with Meg in this one. He treated her with respect when he showed her that photo. I want more moments like and more episodes with just them like Trading Places. Brian is becoming more and more a jerk. What was the story of the photo of Meg and Chris when they were kids about?

FOP_fan17

[10]Dec 21, 2012
    ^The Griffins' went on vacation many years ago, and Peter and Lois fought the whole time and so the kids started doing their own thing. I think Meg tried to teach Chris something about how to hug a squirrel (I know I don't have all the right facts there), and when Chris got bitten/hurt, she walked him to the ER.