Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

General Family Guy Complaint Thread - Post Your Grievances Here

faisal323

[201]Oct 5, 2007
    • level: 6
    Yes! The writers do seem to have gotten lazy. Sometimes I wonder if anyone watches the episodes before they air. It's as if there's no more quality control.
    Edited on 10/05/2007 4:55pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

myk7

[202]Oct 5, 2007
    • level: 2

I remember the first few "new episodes" were ok...but that was just because, I was happy to see it back. Now, i don't even bother watching and i don't see what was so great about the reruns in the first place. i think they've just gotten lazy. plus once you figure out the formula of a show, it gets old fast. oh well at least its renewal gives hope to other shows that got cancelled too early on. *cough*arresteddevelopment*cough* ok i better go get a throat lozenge...

Kennyofhearts

[203]Oct 6, 2007
    • level: 5
    My complaint is that none of the flashbacks have anything to do with the story and most of the time they're just crude, rude, and sometimes racist. Family Guy should be like American Dad. Still funny but the jokes have something to do with whats going on in the show.
    Edited on 10/06/2007 10:32am
    Edited 2 total times.

ZoneHero

[204]Oct 7, 2007
    • level: 19
    The show really needs to get back to its roots.

luckyfan101

[205]Oct 17, 2007
    • level: 1
    I agree with you, drewshack and **** The show is starting to get kind of lame. The only thing I don't like about this show is that they haven't done an episode where Brian becomes neutered and is diagnosed with binge eating disorder/compulsive overeating disorder and becomes depressed and becomes extremely obese due to his depression that he can't have sex. Truth be told, though, in the episode "Screwed the Pooch" they did something very similar to this, but it would be better if they actually did an episode of it. However, i am glad that in the new season (sason seven) they will be making more episodes that center around Brian ("The Life and Times of Brian", "Play It Again, Brian"). Also, in the episode "Deep Throats" at the beginning, you can see that Brian has gained just a few pounds, not much, but some. What confused me most is in the episode "The Son Also Draws" Brian had eaten a lot (a bag of dog treats, a pizza, several sodas, and a few martinis) and hadn't gained any weight. I did like the fact that in the episode "Bill and Peter's Bogus Journey" that he wears a diaper, whcih also confused me. In the episode "Brian in Love" he suffers from urinary incontinence, but diapering him isn't mentioned, but in this episode ("Bill and Peter's Bogus Journey") Brian wears a diaper because he uses the bathroom outside. Then again, these two episodes were written by different people, but, then again, in the episode "Boys Do Cry", Brian opens the front door, preparing to go outside to do his business, and realizes that it's raining and Lois lets him use the bathroom in the house.

Tweekfan323

[207]Oct 20, 2007
    • level: 42
    hmm very interesting. But I do believe the show should end at the conclusion of this season. I loved 1-3, and 4 was pretty good, but 5, WOW. They are trying WAY too hard with the stupid humor. It's liek every single joke is a Chris-type of joke. Stewie's a homosexual, Meg-bashing isn't funny anymore, and the stupid pervert is becoming a main character. If the creators have any dignity, theyll end it before it hits rock bottom and no longer has any respect.

s1bbald

[208]Oct 22, 2007
    • level: 22
    In the past few weeks, I've jumped ship. For over a year, I've defended it, ironically, with a simpsons quote, "It's just a little crappy, it's still good, it's still good." But now I just want it to be put to sleep. Any word on how much longer this show is contracted for?

mysticbeam

[209]Oct 22, 2007
    • level: 11

i wish they would put some characters were introduced and then never seen again like peter's real dad and hispanic reporter maria gimenez in and take some that are in like all the time all of a sudden out ex:herbert

NYBrian120

[210]Oct 22, 2007
    mysticbeam wrote:

i wish they would put some characters were introduced and then never seen again like peter's real dad and hispanic reporter maria gimenez in and take some that are in like all the time all of a sudden out ex:herbert

Yeah Quahog 5 News seems to have a different ethnicity at every position (black, Asian, Hispanic). They should expand on that. I think that would be funny ("In a late breaking development, we go to Hispanic reporter Maria Gim...Gimen...Gim-" "Gimenez." "I know what it is!").

mysticbeam

[211]Oct 22, 2007
    i guess the news casters like tricia takinawa are to minor for a major plot

Tweekfan323

[212]Oct 23, 2007
    • level: 42
    Heopfully they end it after 6 seasons while it still has at least SOME respect.

Kennyofhearts

[213]Oct 23, 2007
    • level: 5
    mysticbeam wrote:

For the last time, there not gonna take a character out just cause someone complains abouthim on a message board. If you don't like/don't get his jokes just ignore them. But people seriously, what are you complaning about!? Of course the shows not gonna be perfect, but atleast give this season a chance before you start bashing it. It's a good show, so stop complaning sit down, and watch it. Jeez
    Edited on 10/23/2007 7:24am

blazr10000

[215]Oct 26, 2007

I agree.

my complaints. casting more characters in to the shadows(my favorite character may end up like meg or chris). In seasons 1-3 it was equal for the characters. 4 and 5 peter stewie and brian are major characters.now in season 6 its stewie and peter. also there bringing back the worst charcters. for example too much herbert there exploiting gay stewie and now rumors of my least favorite coming back. next up episodes are almost all copied. anyone agree

NYBrian120

[216]Oct 26, 2007
    Kennyofhearts wrote:
    mysticbeam wrote:

For the last time, there not gonna take a character out just cause someone complains abouthim on a message board. If you don't like/don't get his jokes just ignore them. But people seriously, what are you complaning about!? Of course the shows not gonna be perfect, but atleast give this season a chance before you start bashing it. It's a good show, so stop complaning sit down, and watch it. Jeez

I think people are probably complaining because this is, well, the complaint thread. I think mysticbeam knows full well that the writers aren't going to take someone out just because someone on a message board posted a complaint about them. But that doesn't mean we should stop expressing our opinions. People are gonna complain and maybe bash the show here, and if you can't handle that, you shouldn't post on this thread.

Inuyasha1256

[217]Oct 27, 2007
    Hm, I don't have much to complain aboubt...

Cube_of_MooN

[218]Oct 27, 2007
    • level: 3
    The jokes just aren't funny any more. Movin' out? I laughed not once.

rockybroad

[219]Nov 1, 2007

When i bought Fam Guy season 5 recently i found that it is missing 5 of the shows which appeared on tv could anyone please tell me why this is?

Shows 91-95 are not on any of the disks

Hoopskidoodle

[220]Nov 13, 2007
    • level: 4

21chewbakka21 wrote:
    Anyway: Simpsons is much more intelligent...

The Simpsons is too middle-of-the-road for my tastes. And, while I love South Park, sometimes is Western-state right-wing leanings wear on my nerves. With "Family Guy," I'm of exactly the right age (late 30s) and political sensibility to get every single pop-cultural reference and find every bit hilarious. Oh, and Stewie is about a thousand times funnier and asymptotically more clever than Bart "insert middle of the road catch-phrase" Simpson.