Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

General Family Guy Complaint Thread - Post Your Grievances Here

Raccoon1459

[881]Jul 14, 2012
    • level: 22
    The jokes have gotten flat in recent years. It just doesn't feel like Family Guy anymore.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

drudager

[882]Jul 14, 2012
    • level: 13
    After 188 episodes, the show is just running out of material. That goes for almost any show, too. When you do a show like this, there's only so many scenarios & general pop culture references you can make.

thundercat2000

[883]Jul 15, 2012
    • level: 17

drudager wrote:
    After 188 episodes, the show is just running out of material. That goes for almost any show, too. When you do a show like this, there's only so many scenarios & general pop culture references you can make.
    Especially from the 80s. How far can you go on 80s pop culture? That's what Seth is trying to do but it's wearing thin.

ilikekatyperry

[884]Sep 18, 2012
    • level: 9

ilikekatyperry wrote:

8. How the show has an episode with just 2 characters in it and features only them.

Also how that episode featured the two most prominent characters on the show - Stewie and Brian. Lately, I have felt like they have hogged much of the screen time while some others haven't been getting as much.

MetaHumorous

[885]Oct 21, 2012
    • level: 1
    I hate what has happened to Brian. As an atheist, sadly, he was probably the best representative on television (Otherwise we had Hollywood Atheists who were A Very Special Episode away from finding their faith or hateful misanthropes like House or Sheldon Cooper on BBT.) and when everybody got sick of that, Seth decided to make him a complete monster.

This follows the pattern of the show in general with every character becoming completely unlikable, but the Brian thing felt tailored to appease that part of the base. Personally I'd love to see Brian go off on Quagmire at this point.

thundercat2000

[887]Apr 3, 2013

I never get tire of seeing Glen rip on Brian. Especially in Jerome is the New Black, I only watch that episode for that scene. My favorite is when Brian beated the living daylights out of Brian in Quagmires' Dad. Brian didn't know Ida was Quagmires' dad but when Brian threw up, that shows what an unlikeable character he has become. Brian used to a supporter of gay rights but now he is a hypocrite.

thundercat2000

[888]Apr 9, 2013

Peter and Lois have the new villians on the show. Ever since they were kids, they have mean, unlikeable to family and friends. Lois was a bully in high school and Peter made fun of a kid who was visiting his mothers' grave. Horrible characters who used to be likeable.

Thorniquet

[889]Jun 1, 2013
    • level: 1

I've never had problems with politically incorrect humour, I'm actually an enthusiast of it.I don't know if it was because I was stoned when I watched the two latest episodes of Family Guy, but some things have shocked me.Let's start by the thing that shocked me the most, Peter acting in a childish way trying to sneak with his scissors behinds his back, then Lois repreends him,saying those weren't his scissors,seconds later he comes back with his arms totally cut saying "Scissors are jerks".What the fuck MacFarlene?Just what the fuck?Do you think little children cutting themselves with scissors are funny?Fuck man,seing Meg threatening suicide or mentioning she cuts herself is something, but Peter acted in a infantile way and came back with his arms bleeding,that was fucking bizarre.The second thing that shocked was Lois crying while she sticks her finger down her throat,she was saying "Oh God,what have I done,what have I done." and then she throws up.Bulimia have always been a subject of jokes in Family Guy but that was different,you could see Lois was desperate, she was regretfull of eating,you see,the sadical thing is that a LOT of middle class housewifes do that,because they think they're not attractive to their husbands anymore,my neighboor did it,exploring the troubles of the american middle class and creating comical situations with then is one thing, but that was just sick man.Really MacFarlane, what the fuck is happening to you?

thundercat2000

[890]Jun 1, 2013

I enjoy politically incorrect humor too but I like it when it's funny and smart. Those last incidents you mentioned where right on the money. Subjects like bulemina are no laughing matter and shouldn't be make fun of unless it's handled correctly. Seth doesn't bother to try. WTFSeth?

NatT96

[891]Jul 8, 2013
    • level: 7

Yes it has, yes it has. I have fallen asleep on some episodes,

NatT96

[892]Jul 8, 2013

He uses the jokes over and over and over

NatT96

[893]Jul 8, 2013

Can't believe Seth said that he is going to be focusing a lot more on Brian and Stewie, WTFFFFFFFFFFF

thundercat2000

[894]Jul 8, 2013

Typical of Seth. He's a jerk.

copper20

[895]Jul 15, 2013
    • level: 6
    Meg needs a lot more praise than the other characters.

One thing I really am getting sick of is that they play live action clips from a movie or some stupid video (Like the ape scraching himself). Not talking about the conway twitty or david bowie stuff, just the live action stuff in general, though I hate Conway Twitty and David Bowie appearing on here.

Why do they play a clip of a movie now when they show the Griffins watching television? Remember when they actually parodied scenes instead of taking the ACTUAL MOVIE footage?! Are they THAT cheap?

thundercat2000

[896]Jul 16, 2013

copper20 wrote:
    Meg needs a lot more praise than the other characters. One thing I really am getting sick of is that they play live action clips from a movie or some stupid video (Like the ape scraching himself). Not talking about the conway twitty or david bowie stuff, just the live action stuff in general, though I hate Conway Twitty and David Bowie appearing on here. Why do they play a clip of a movie now when they show the Griffins watching television? Remember when they actually parodied scenes instead of taking the ACTUAL MOVIE footage?! Are they THAT cheap?
    I agree with you on Meg and I also hate when hate the live action clips. Especially that David Bowie and Mick Jagger video. They should fire these writers and get new ones.

copper20

[897]Jul 18, 2013
    • level: 6
    Like in the episode Lottery Fever, they were going to watch Star Trek 2, and it showed actual movie footage! The same with Friends of Peter Griffin when they showed Sound of Music! Way to excuse your budget cuts you cheapskates!

thundercat2000

[898]Aug 2, 2013

What I really can't stand is the gay humor. I'm not homophobic but this show has become so homophobic it's not funny. Seth, if you can read this, please take this advice. Stop making everybody gay!! That includes Peter. I'm sick of him dressing up in female attire. It was funny when he was dressed up for a Halloween party in Love Blacutally, but seeing him do it all the time just as much as Stewie makes me want to switch channels. The same for him being naked. That makes me vomit.

fsaenz0125

[899]Aug 22, 2013
    • level: 23
    I still like the show, but it does have its flaws that everyone been talking about. This will be long however...

* Too much weird violent scenes such as faces being ripped (Grumpy Old Man), the Eye Scream Trope (tv tropes source) (Lottery Fever), etc. Scenes like those make me cringe in disgust and the writers need to knock it out. I'm not ****ing.
    * Conway Twitty (rather have that Conway Bieber gag from Lois Comes Out of Her Shell)' That said gag was still meh, but I'll take that over that ridiculous long unnecessary singing/filler in The Juice is Loose.
    * Peter making dad noises in the hurricane episode (waste of time). No reason why I hated that part.
    * Several cutaways that go for too long like Peter telling Consuela the phone #, Peter being on the radio. If only I has TiVo to skip those but I has to wait.
    * Definitely the long gags but occasionally make me laugh as long as they not that lazy) such as the German Guy fight, the David Bowie/Mick Jagger music video, that unneeded nodding scene from It's a Trap, the main character of A Christmas Carol peeing (really??) for a minute. Those are just the biggest problems in the show nowadaysl. However, I'm glad the writers had somewhat listened to my hatred of long gag. They had toned it down this season and I expect that for Season 12.
    * Using cutaways like crazy. Like I said in a YouTube comment, they need to slow down. We don't need to see one every freakin' minute. What happened to those episodes with limited (you know when there wasn't too many of them) cutaways?
    * Peter still treating Meg like dirt. It kind of worn out for me in the new episodes. He kept doing the same nonsense: trying to treat Meg better, but somehow return disrespecting her.
    * Lois/Meg relationship at times. Just another reason why mother and daughter relationship is just...no. I enjoyed Meg's rant on Lois the least b/c of that. They need to get each other along.
    * Stewie acting gay. Enough of that and I agree, Thundercat.

I think that's it for my complaints. Hopefully the writers will read this and realize their problems.

thundercat2000

[900]Aug 23, 2013

I saw Cool Hand Peter and when the cop said Handsome to Peter, Peter said yes. To me that burns me because Peter isn't all that. It shows irony. Stan Smith is the handsome one. And as I said before, Peter naked all the time makes me vomit. LITERALLY!!!