Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

General Family Guy Complaint Thread - Post Your Grievances Here

DisturbingMoose

[141]Jul 28, 2007
    • level: 4

Now that the Simpsons movie is out and is a big success there has been talk over when a FG movie will be made. (THE UNTOLD STORY DOES NOT COUNT!) But this is my complaint over a possible FG movie, it wouldn't work. This is because the writers of the show have a terrible sense of holding a consistant plotline without it dragging on for too long, and that is only for 22 minutes! How could they handle 80 minutes? They had to come up with three separate plotlines and just barely connect them loosely in the untold story, so how can they have a consistant one in a possible movie? Don't get me worng, When Family Guy is at its best, its hilarious, but to me it seems more like an animated sketch show with a loose storyline to connect the sketches in each episode rather than an animated sitcom. They have relied way too much on unfunny flashbacks and have had too many uninteresting plotlines lately in the show, so if they are going to make a feature film, then they better come up with a worthwhile storyline that is able to involve all six main characters in it without the focus being way too much on Peter or Stewie, and giving Chris and Meg some time to shine for once. If one is made, it would be cool to see an end all completely epic final chicken fight that takes up most of the third act. So if a FG film is one day made, I hope that Seth and the gang can handle an intresting storyline worth using for a feature film that will give each character their own subplot and something to overcome. South Park, Beavis and Butthead, Spongebob,and now the Simpsons have proved it can be done, so maybe there is still some hope for FG.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

captaindillo456

[142]Jul 28, 2007
    • level: 18
    DisturbingMoose wrote:

Now that the Simpsons movie is out and is a big success there has been talk over when a FG movie will be made. (THE UNTOLD STORY DOES NOT COUNT!) But this is my complaint over a possible FG movie, it wouldn't work. This is because the writers of the show have a terrible sense of holding a consistant plotline without it dragging on for too long, and that is only for 22 minutes! How could they handle 80 minutes? They had to come up with three separate plotlines and just barely connect them loosely in the untold story, so how can they have a consistant one in a possible movie? Don't get me worng, When Family Guy is at its best, its hilarious, but to me it seems more like an animated sketch show with a loose storyline to connect the sketches in each episode rather than an animated sitcom. They have relied way too much on unfunny flashbacks and have had too many uninteresting plotlines lately in the show, so if they are going to make a feature film, then they better come up with a worthwhile storyline that is able to involve all six main characters in it without the focus being way too much on Peter or Stewie, and giving Chris and Meg some time to shine for once. If one is made, it would be cool to see an end all completely epic final chicken fight that takes up most of the third act. So if a FG film is one day made, I hope that Seth and the gang can handle an intresting storyline worth using for a feature film that will give each character their own subplot and something to overcome. South Park, Beavis and Butthead, Spongebob,and now the Simpsons have proved it can be done, so maybe there is still some hope for FG.

I actually agree with him.

queenfyora_3_3

[143]Jul 29, 2007
    • level: 1
    I agree too.

DisturbingMoose

[144]Jul 29, 2007
    as a fan of earlier simpsons episodes, family guy and a huge south park fan, i've been able to make my point clear about whats wrong with FG

thundercat2000

[145]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 17
    yes you did and it was an excellent point.

somethinghidden

[146]Jul 31, 2007
    It is sort of sad seeing how the show is turning out to be. Around this time, The Simpsons were still striking gold. The cinematic techniques of the show were so amazing and so much more detailed 13 years ago than Family Guy is now. If a movie were to come out and not be a critical or commercial success, it will kill the show. A formula needs to be concocted to save the show and return it to its Season 3 and earlier luster.

somethinghidden

[147]Jul 31, 2007

mp34mp wrote:
    mitu123 wrote:
    Darth_Tyrev wrote:
    The worst episodes of the Simpsons are better than the best episdoes of the latest Family Guys.
    Wow, just, wow.
    Yeah I can't agree with that either. The Simpson's writing has completely nose-dived. 'The Simpsons Go To Africa' is when it started getting really unfunny, repetitive and stale.

I really like that episode! But that really didn't happen until Season 12 though, and plus, Trilogy of Error followed it, so it sorta balances out.

mitu123

[148]Jul 31, 2007
    • level: 14
    somethinghidden wrote:

mp34mp wrote:
    mitu123 wrote:
    Darth_Tyrev wrote:
    The worst episodes of the Simpsons are better than the best episdoes of the latest Family Guys.
    Wow, just, wow.
    Yeah I can't agree with that either. The Simpson's writing has completely nose-dived. 'The Simpsons Go To Africa' is when it started getting really unfunny, repetitive and stale.

I really like that episode! But that really didn't happen until Season 12 though, and plus, Trilogy of Error followed it, so it sorta balances out.

I saw that episode 15 times and hated it for good after that because I was trying to find something funny but it just didn't happen, it was just crap IMO, and I haven't heard from you in a long time...

Alexadecimal

[149]Jul 31, 2007
    • level: 6

Hmm what a negative thread, I find it annoying how many people find the new episodes unfunny and drasticly different from seasons 1-3, I'm not saying theyre better but they are still worth watching. Anywho my complaint is about the really long jokes like some of the pooer songs and to a lesser extent the chicken fights (although the first two arent that bad and hats off to the animation team).

And just out of interest, how is The Untold Story not a FG movie? Is it because its a DVD release only or that its only 90 mins? Im just wondering because I definately see it as a FG movie.

drewshack

[150]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 47
    Alexadecimal wrote:

Is it because its a DVD release only or that its only 90 mins? Im just wondering because I definately see it as a FG movie.

Because it didn't get released in theaters, and the fact that it's basically a 3 episode arc, and doesn't feel like a movie.

MarineJcksn

[151]Aug 2, 2007

I just feel the Family Guy writers are chasin' it. Pushing so hard for a laugh rather than have it happen naturally. In the beginning they picked up steam fast because the show was different and really funny. But now it's just like they're forced to make it because its such a cash cow for Fox.

The past two seasons have really felt like none of the people really want to be there. Family Guy should've went out after season 3 when they were cancelled. It would've been a short but amazing run, just like Chappelle's Show. Imagine if he had kept going....if you saw the Lost Episodes you know what I'm talking about.

RIP, Family Guy.

stranger12343

[152]Aug 2, 2007
    • level: 8
    Stewie isn't evil anymore

bobcat56

[153]Aug 3, 2007
    • level: 1
    I hate it when the showneedlessly drags out its flashbacks.

Sailngchix349

[154]Aug 4, 2007
    • level: 9

I totally agree!

Jerbs

[155]Aug 7, 2007
    • level: 6
    The show is starting to go way over the top and not being funny either.

ZoneHero

[156]Aug 7, 2007
    • level: 19

bobcat56 wrote:
    I hate it when the showneedlessly drags out its flashbacks.

What about when they have those long winded dialogue?

thundercat2000

[157]Aug 7, 2007
    • level: 17
    I agree and we could do without all that dialogue.

ssimonds1

[159]Aug 11, 2007
    • level: 24

MusicExpert1966 wrote:
    my complaint is that the editor, fishzone, abuses his powers as mod.
    Go back under your bridge and hunt for goats

This is the smartest thing a mod can do.

ssimonds1

[160]Aug 11, 2007
    • level: 24
    Pedophile jokes and Meg jabs are not funny. They killed the vaudville guys (and that probably needed to be done), but I would have rather seen Herbert strung up with hijunk stuff in his mouth. The vaudvillians were annoying, Herbert is just offensive. If you find him humorous, I bet that you have never met the victim of a PREDITOR like him. Either that or you're a sicko just like him.