Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

General Family Guy Complaint Thread - Post Your Grievances Here

n842

[161]Aug 16, 2007
    • level: 5

I used to really like Family Guy, but I've lost interest in it lately. I suppose what made me dislike Family Guy more than I used to is just how it much it's so politically biased. Not that I really have a problem with that, but what I didn't like is how Family Guy seems to insist that its politics are correct. To me, the show implies (if not blurts it right out) that if you even have a tiny pinch of conservative blood in you, then you are a complete foolish idiot. I am mostly liberal myself, but even so, I find it very annoying how it mocks conservatives so much (considering I used to be a full-blooded one and partially one now). Yes, I know that it's just a cartoon, but I still don't like watching it as much as I used to. Family Guy even influenced me to change a few of my values, which I later "snapped out of" and reverted to some of my original ones. It seems to me that the show is also becoming more and more involved with politics than it used to be.

Actually, one of the things that "bothers" me about Family Guy moreso than its seemingly "stubborn" liberal politics is how it goes too far on some jokes - primarily the 9/11 jokes. If Seth MacFarlane (or any of the other writers) were not bothered or heart broken by 9/11, that's their business, but I think it's atrocious that they make fun of something that is widely believed to be a tragic event. Yes, I know that there is such a thing as dark humor, but I am no fan of dark humor, and so therefore, I do not like how the writers seem to treat 9/11 in such a frivolous manner.

With the exception of that, Family Guy isn't that bad of a show, although lately, I've found that I like South Park a lot better. It seems more jam-packed with adventure and plot development. Family Guy (especially the newer episodes) seems much more stale compared to South Park, or it is in my opinion anyway.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Semaj86

[162]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 6
    It's one thing if Family Guy is liberally slanted, but isn't that what American Dad is for?

If not, then that would make American Dad a mere add-on in the Sunday-night line-up.

soundsofsilence

[163]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 23
    Semaj86 wrote:
    It's one thing if Family Guy is liberally slanted, but isn't that what American Dad is for?
    no. Its not. Stan is an idiot and also happens to be a conservitive. Halely is a liberal and happens to be the only one with any common sense. coincedence? You decide.

thundercat2000

[164]Aug 21, 2007
    • level: 17
    Peters' constant ranting and stupidity makes me want to punch him out and beat the living daylights out of him. Just anything to shut him up along with Stewie. These 2 hog up the screen and that is not right.

simpsonian100

[165]Aug 21, 2007
    • level: 12
    I hate Neil Goldman, the Greased Up Deaf Guy, those retards at the Pawtuckett Brewery, Joe, Bonnie, Meg, and how flashbacks with random things have the same damn voice EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!! I still am a fan of the show, though.

thundercat2000

[166]Aug 22, 2007
    I hate Seth uses his voice for every character especially the extra guy. He disguises his voice but you know its' him. Seth, give somebodyelse a chance!!

overdrive12321

[167]Aug 22, 2007
    • level: 3
    I dont really hate family guy,I love it.it just that when theres British people on it,they make them sound like victorians ( and not every British person talks like the Queen,only the Queen talks like the Queen" its just when them make say things like " oh how delightful" or "Slendid".Like in "Patriot Games",when they settle their differences with pillow-fights in gowns,and get over-reactive by the american version of "The Office" (Deleted Scene),and chicken out against a game of football against the "New-England Patriots" and when they call the English team "The London Silly-Nannies" and again when they do "British Theater",that imposes that Britsh People have a different sense of humor to Americans,which again is false,and that we punish people by hanging them,FALSE ,they just go to prison "like any other ciminal in any other country.As far as i know,"The Simpsons","Southpark" or "Futurama" have never done a joke about British people.Besides,were not that different to Americans we just drive on the leftside of the road and have different TV channels.weDONT call a "toilet" a "loo",we dont call a "mile" a "kilometer" and we DONT talk all "posh-like".Apart from that,family guy is the best show ever!!.

Psy4potato

[168]Aug 23, 2007
    • level: 10
    I love the show. My only complaint is that they need to show Bonnie Swanson more and have her talk more...I love Jen Tilly!!!!

thundercat2000

[169]Aug 24, 2007
    I want to hear more of Mila Kunish. Her voice I love.

Super_Peter

[171]Sep 2, 2007
    • level: 11
    The only complaint I have is the random pop-culture references I don't get at all along with some episodes running out of originality.

csino1fan

[172]Sep 4, 2007
    • level: 15
    i dont really have a problem with the pop culture as i watch TONS of tv and films

Gaby8529

[173]Sep 5, 2007
    • level: 24

For me.. FG has always been the same show since the beginning.. Some episodes are funny, the other majority is boring.. I think the only thing that has changed from FG are the chrachters themselves.. Brian from Sarcastic/Smart dog into Sarcastric/Smart/Drunken crazy drugged dog. Stewie from Brain rip off into a crazy baby.

Altough FG is far from myfavorite show and I think the Simpsons and South park are much better.. I don't expect realism in FG, I don't expect chrachters to stay the same.. that's the problem I noticed a lot in this topic and concerning other Animated sitcoms.. People want Comedy and situations to stay the same for over 5 years.. it's like talking to a brick wall.. with people who can't or won't accept change.. specially on a five year old show like FG.. at least it wasn't like Futurama that in less than two years it became Simpsons of the future

Besides.. You guys were whining and whining and making up conspiracy theories when FOX cancelled FG back then and now that it's back you're **** about it? Who understands FG fans...

Edited on 09/06/2007 4:44am

FG-koopa-AD

[174]Sep 5, 2007
    100% agree

FG-koopa-AD

[175]Sep 5, 2007
    But Family Guy is better than South Park by a long shot

thundercat2000

[176]Sep 6, 2007
    Family guy was better than South Park. To Gaby8529,wake up!! Family Guy is not the same when it was brought back and what is written on this thread is the truth about what happened to it when it came back. The characters have changed but not for the best. It is now out of control and it needs an overhaul.

jimbo_001

[177]Sep 6, 2007
    • level: 56
    Gaby8529 wrote:

Besides.. You guys were whining and whining and making up conspiracy theories when FOX cancelled FG back then and now that it's back you're **** about it? Who understands FG fans...

I was disappointed it was cancelled because it was a funny show. Now I want it cancelled because it isn't funny. FG has always been random - some of the funniest moments on the show have been random - like the racoon in To Love and Die in Dixie. But now the random moments just aren't funny. I stared at the screen blankly at the whole crippletron scene. I mean bending reality is fine, but that's just ridiculous. And the fact that the whole random event actually affected the plot (what little there was) is apalling. What, the writers couldn't come up with a funny way to hurt Peter so he could learn his lesson so they do an extravagant moment that makes no sense to do it for them? This is not the humour that was in seasons 1-3.

The characters have become mere stereotypes of who they used to be, such as Peter just being pushed to the limits with his stupidity, and Stewie going from a hilariousevil genius with a feminine side to a pure homosexual with predictable lines and boring plots. And they use characters like Herbert way too much (we know every scene he's in will have something to do with molestation so his scenes are very predictable and boring) when characters like Chris are basically absent on the show. The difference is the show used to be funny but is now too stupid to laugh at.

Josseppe95

[178]Sep 7, 2007
    • level: 5
    while I agree with you on the crippletron scene, i don't agree with anything else. Peter being pushed to the limits with his stupidity has been happening since season 2 so there's nothing new with that. Stewie is still funny as a homosexual, they just had to make him different because you can't kepp a character the same a whole series. With Herbert, i guess since there progressing with seasons they need more plotlines so they have to reach out to other characters to help them with that. And Chris has sort of always been an absent character. All the gave him from the beginning was about two storylines per season.

lyghthouse

[179]Sep 9, 2007
    • level: 8
    Super_Peter wrote:
    The only complaint I have is the random pop-culture references I don't get at all along with some episodes running out of originality.

The random pop-culture references are a huge part of what I love about that show. :-)

hawk-hunter

[180]Sep 9, 2007
    • level: 1
    lyghthouse wrote:
    Super_Peter wrote:
    The random pop-culture references are a huge part of what I love about that show. :-)
    And now they're running stale. Also, the Meg abuse is not funny anymore. Overall, I think this Star Wars episode is going to be the nail in the coffin. Herbert as Obi Wan?! (Herbert needs to drop dead.) Stewie as Darth Vader?! (He would make a better Grand Moff Tarkin)
    Edited on 09/09/2007 8:18am