Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

"Grimm Job" Episode Discussion

What did you think of the episode?

ilikekatyperry

[1]Jan 13, 2014
    • level: 9

I thought this episode was okay. I thought the characters in the last story were miscast. Connie and one of her friends should have been the evil stepsisters and Meg would've made a better Cinderella. Overall, I got several chuckles, just like in most episodes of this season. I rate this episode a 5 out of 10.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thundercat2000

[2]Jan 14, 2014
    • level: 17

Your'e right. Lois would have been better as the evil stepmother and Connie and her friends as the stepsisters. Meg would have been a better and prettier Cinderella. Also Chris should have been Jack not Peter. Jack had a mother not a wife. Peter would have been better as the Giant. Lois sucked as Cinderella.

copper20

[3]Jan 14, 2014
    • level: 6
    M'kay well here's the problem with this one - Stewie needs to stop being casted as a female. Meg should have been Little Red, plus Consuela should have been one of the stepsisters, NOT STEWIE!

And believe me, if I ever find out who decided on Meg hanging herself at the end, I'd love to greet them with a guillotine.

ilikekatyperry

[4]Jan 14, 2014

I too dislike it when Stewie crossdresses, and when Peter does it as well, because they've done it so many times. If they didn't do it so frequently, I would be able to tolerate it more. And I agree that the writers shouldn't have made Meg hang herself.

copper20

[5]Jan 14, 2014
    ilikekatyperry wrote:

I too dislike it when Stewie crossdresses, and when Peter does it as well, because they've done it so many times. If they didn't do it so frequently, I would be able to tolerate it more. And I agree that the writers shouldn't have made Meg hang herself.

Yikes! Somebody ACTUALLY agreed with the first complaint of mine? I haven't seen many people whining about it yet though. I can't remember all the times Stewie cross dressed but I know he's done it way too much. Also Joe as a carriage? Come on...

Bugs Bunny used to cross dress quite a lot but it wasn't almost every episode and was done for something witty, not lazy writing as seen here.

thundercat2000

[6]Jan 15, 2014

Meg hanging herself made me mad too. Enough of the crossdressing Seth!! Meg should have been Red Riding Hood too.

Kwando7

[7]Jan 15, 2014

copper20 wrote:
    ilikekatyperry wrote:

Yikes! Somebody ACTUALLY agreed with the first complaint of mine? I haven't seen many people whining about it yet though. I can't remember all the times Stewie cross dressed but I know he's done it way too much. Also Joe as a carriage? Come on... Bugs Bunny used to cross dress quite a lot but it wasn't almost every episode and was done for something witty, not lazy writing as seen here.

I actually thought Joe as the carriage was funny but yeah heaps of female characters could have had better roles.

copper20

[8]Jan 16, 2014
    They really have exhausted the handicap jokes. Joe already gets discriminated enough!

gamescholar

[9]Jan 18, 2014
    • level: 2

I thought the episode was good, though I do have to question some of the casting for the roles and the ending. Had they been better, I would have given the episode a higher score than 6.5 out of 10. The three story segment episodes are usually good episodes and this one was no different despite questionable to bad casting in the roles. I liked the Jack and the Bean Stalk story the best. While I can live with Peter being Jack and Chris being the Giant, it probably would have been best if the roles were reversed. It also would have made Lois less unbearable as she would have been playing Jack's mother instead of his annoying, nagging wife. I actually liked the Little Red Riding Hood story almost as much as the first one overall. While I can tolerate Stewie playing Red, as it allowed for good chemistry between Red and Brian playing the Wolf, they could have found a female character around Stewie's age play Red and Stewie could have been the Wolf. It ultimately set up a bad thing happening later on in the episode. I liked the Cinderella story the least mainly due to casting Lois as Cinderella and Stewie as one of the step-sisters. Given Lois' current character, she was not very sympathetic in the role and it lead to me liking the step-sisters ripping her dress off (good to see Meg as the other step-sister being mean and physical back at Lois for something, now they just need to do it on an actual episode). With Stewie playing a step-sister it becomes apparent that Family Guy (and for that matter all of Seth's other animated series including American Dad) lack strong female characters that can be used in prominent roles for the story-telling episodes, a problem The Simpsons don't have. Its like they give the leading female role to Lois by default despite her not fitting some of the roles well while putting Meg and other females in less prominent roles. The ending with Herbert in Chris' room and Meg hanging herself was awful and better off ignored. While I liked the episode, it could have been better. Sorry for going longer than usual, but I just needed to get my thoughts out.

Questions:

Why are they increasingly having characters kill themselves at the end of episodes lately on this season? Is the show trying to be like cable cartoons like South Park and Aqua Teen, where characters get killed frequently and then come back alive the next episode?

Why did they have Stewie complement Lois when Peter observe that he could see the Swansons' bathroom by saying she looked better than Bonnie (she doesn't)? Just seems like further proof that the writers don't put much investment in the other female characters and it makes me fear what they will do to Donna when Cleveland comes back with his new family.

gamescholar

[10]Jan 18, 2014
    • level: 2

I thought the episode was good, though I do have to question some of the casting for the roles and the ending. Had they been better, I would have given the episode a higher score than 6.5 out of 10. The three story segment episodes are usually good episodes and this one was no different despite questionable to bad casting in the roles. I liked the Jack and the Bean Stalk story the best. While I can live with Peter being Jack and Chris being the Giant, it probably would have been best if the roles were reversed. It also would have made Lois less unbearable as she would have been playing Jack's mother instead of his annoying, nagging wife. I actually liked the Little Red Riding Hood story almost as much as the first one overall. While I can tolerate Stewie playing Red, as it allowed for good chemistry between Red and Brian playing the Wolf, they could have found a female character around Stewie's age play Red and Stewie could have been the Wolf. It ultimately set up a bad thing happening later on in the episode. I liked the Cinderella story the least mainly due to casting Lois as Cinderella and Stewie as one of the step-sisters. Given Lois' current character, she was not very sympathetic in the role and it lead to me liking the step-sisters ripping her dress off (good to see Meg as the other step-sister being mean and physical back at Lois for something, now they just need to do it on an actual episode). With Stewie playing a step-sister it becomes apparent that Family Guy (and for that matter all of Seth's other animated series including American Dad) lack strong female characters that can be used in prominent roles for the story-telling episodes, a problem The Simpsons don't have. Its like they give the leading female role to Lois by default despite her not fitting some of the roles well while putting Meg and other females in less prominent roles. The ending with Herbert in Chris' room and Meg hanging herself was awful and better off ignored. While I liked the episode, it could have been better. Sorry for going longer than usual, but I just needed to get my thoughts out.

Questions:

Why are they increasingly having characters kill themselves at the end of episodes lately on this season? Is the show trying to be like cable cartoons like South Park and Aqua Teen, where characters get killed frequently and then come back alive the next episode?

Why did they have Stewie complement Lois when Peter observe that he could see the Swansons' bathroom by saying she looked better than Bonnie (she doesn't)? Just seems like further proof that the writers don't put much investment in the other female characters and it makes me fear what they will do to Donna when Cleveland comes back with his new family.

thundercat2000

[11]Jan 19, 2014

gamescholar wrote:

Questions:

I agree with you on everything on the role of women on Seth's shows. It shows that Seth is a sexist and only thinks that only gays are funny and women aren't. I'm not homophobic and I have gay friends but I also wished that Seth would use women in roles meant for them. Meg should have been Cinderella as I mentioned before and even Red Riding Hood. Stewies' girlfriend from Mr. and Mrs. Stewie would have been fantastic as Red Riding Hood too. Lois would have been much better as the evil stepmother and Connie and her friend as the stepsisters. Stewie cross dressing all the time shows how lazy and unimaginitive Seth is. I aslo agree The Simpsons and Futurama never had problems with women. Although I did love Meg giving Lois payback, she would have made a better and more beautiful Cinderlla. Stewie as the wolf would have been awesome. I know everybody loves the chemistry between Brian and Stewie but they need to work more with other characters.

ayranci2

[12]Jan 21, 2014
    • level: 4

I liked this episode. It wasmuch better thanmedicorishPeter's Progress.

Jack and the Beenstalk: Out of all three stories, this one was the best. It was hilarious and fun to watch. 10/10

Little Red Hiding Hod: Another great story but not amazing as thefirst one. I liked the return of "Cool Whip". 9/10

Cinderella: Another good story. It's not good as the first two but It's still good. 9/10

I would give this episode 9.5/10 but I really hated the ending so much. Seriously, Meg hanging herself? What's wrong with you, Seth? Haven't Meg suffered enough? I'm sosick of Meg bashing jokes, It's not funny anymore and Meg hanging herself was the worst Meg bashing moment, I've ever seen. AlsoI agree with all of you about casting but I didn't mind Lois being Cinderella.I gave this episode. 8.5/10.

thundercat2000

[13]Feb 25, 2014

I thought Herb broke up with Chris. Lois as Cinderella? Come on!! I don't think so. She is boring and would have been better as the evil stepmother. That fits her.

ilikekatyperry

[14]Feb 27, 2014

Let's not forget that Family Guy is chock full of continuity errors. And yes, Lois should've been the evil stepmother.

copper20

[15]Mar 1, 2014
    They did that just because Peter is Lois's husband.

Next time I see Lois french kiss someone in a future episode somebody's going to be beaten.