Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Into Fat Air discussion

Raccoon1459

[1]Sep 30, 2012
    • level: 22

The Griffins attempt to conquer historical Mount Everest. Can they do it?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

drudager

[2]Sep 30, 2012
    • level: 13
    Where was the subplot?

It was okay. It felt a bit under developed & it seems they reached the top too easily. At the end, I was like, "that's the whole show?"

antdude

[3]Sep 30, 2012
    • level: 27
    Weak Family Guy season premiere. Not enough humor.

FOP_fan17

[4]Oct 1, 2012
    I agree with drudager that it felt underdeveloped. I honestly would have never believed they would climb to the summit that easily. I thought the storm should have come before they reached the top, and that they reached it much later in the episode. I also thought the ending was way too abrupt.....it felt like one more scene, or at least a joke, could have been in there. What I really liked was that Lois acknowledged the self-esteem issues in her family. She wanted all three of the kids, not just her sons, to have good self-esteem. That felt like a return to the loving, nurturing Lois from the earlier seasons. It was the only part of the episode that really stuck out to me, and I'd like to see Lois have more of that attitude. Overall, it was a decent premiere.

ZoneHero

[5]Oct 1, 2012
    • level: 19
    FOP_fan17 wrote:
    What I really liked was that Lois acknowledged the self-esteem issues in her family. She wanted all three of the kids, not just her sons, to have good self-esteem. That felt like a return to the loving, nurturing Lois from the earlier seasons. It was the only part of the episode that really stuck out to me, and I'd like to see Lois have more of that attitude. Overall, it was a decent premiere.

Yeah, but then again: the whole trip was to spite another family, and she brought her infant son to one of the coldest and dangerous places on the planet, pretty much letting him walk all the way in the rear of the hike if you notice it... Not exactly really bad if you draw too much attention to it, but still...

Peter is still a lost cause. All he does in this episode is pretty much what he does in the last 5 seasons: just doing nothing but be a cheap force-in source of jokes: Always be a source of inconvenience, being inconsiderate of others, always doing the opposite of what needs to be done. Note to the writers: having him saying the exact opposite of common sense and have him being hurt from it isn't much of a joke... in fact: it's basically explaining the joke before the joke, which not only ruins the joke; but also makes the joke no longer a joke. You're constantly using jokes that aren't jokes! Stop making no-joke-jokes, ya hacks!

I felt that cannibalism part was going to play as a real seriously moment for the show, but after a minute and a bad-tasted joke from Peter: it kinda seems pointless. You know it's not going to be played or be brought up again, especially if we don't see the Fishermans again (which is most likely). THey're maybe a brief throw-away line/joke to it in a later episode... but that would be it. An episode where the Griffins seem to work like a family... and they end up eating a dead boy and they end up okay with that....

Speaking of the cannibalism scene... through out my mind, I kept thinking that if there was a frozen dog with Ben, Brian would be against it...

Speaking of Brian.... yeah, the dogs conveniences his human family to eat another HUMAN being!?! That's really messed up. Why didn't Stewie brought THAT up? (Again, nice use of jokes writers). And I hate sound like a religious extremest, but.... is Brian one of those Satanic dogs, the ones that crazy people blame for making them kill people? I mean, if you think about it: he constantly denounces faiths that center around Jesus (even AFTER he meets him), recently he constantly seduces random women he comes across and does it a immoral way (taking advantage of a blind woman, let toddlers suffer criminal neglect, or his best friend's wife), and he's openly racist (as implied in this episode). I mean, WOW. After this, I will never see him the same again....

Overall, while it was nice to see actual story in an FG episode, as well as seeing the family ACT like a family for once: the episode still feels a tad hollow....

FOP_fan17

[6]Oct 1, 2012
    ^I do agree with those points you made, ZoneHero, including the ones about Lois. I also noticed that Stewie was walking towards the back on his own, and I was slightly annoyed that once again Brian and Meg had the task of looking after him if something happened. But it only bothered me for a moment: I'm so used to seeing Stewie on his own, or with Brian, that it doesn't stand out to me quite as much as it used to. I was more on edge waiting to hear some tasteless joke towards Meg or Brian, and I was relieved not to hear them. I also wasn't a fan of the cannabilism part - the Smiths did it better on "American Dad!"

Raccoon1459

[7]Oct 1, 2012
    Okay, so this episode didn't have too much humor, but it still had some thrills, which is what you would expect from a mountain climbing episode.

ZoneHero

[8]Oct 1, 2012
    • level: 19
    drudager wrote:
    it seems they reached the top too easily. At the end, I was like, "that's the whole show?"

Hey, at least they spent the night while climbing up; climbing DOWN however, they get so desperate they have to eat someone and shortly after, they reach their camp. They couldn't endure for another hour or 2?

drudager

[9]Oct 4, 2012
    • level: 13
    ZoneHero wrote:
    And I hate sound like a religious extremest, but.... is Brian one of those Satanic dogs, the ones that crazy people blame for making them kill people? I mean, if you think about it: he constantly denounces faiths that center around Jesus (even AFTER he meets him), recently he constantly seduces random women he comes across and does it a immoral way (taking advantage of a blind woman, let toddlers suffer criminal neglect, or his best friend's wife), and he's openly racist (as implied in this episode). I mean, WOW. After this, I will never see him the same again...

I think it's just you. Brian denounces organized religion; doesn't matter if he met Jesus or not. Brian has always been a bad dog.

thundercat2000

[10]Oct 7, 2012
    • level: 17

It was good. Better than the season premier of last year.

FOP_fan17

[11]Oct 7, 2012
    ^I must say, both FG and AD did MUCH better with season premieres this season than last season. FG's last year was boring, AD's ending pissed me off. Both shows are off to a great start!