Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Is Brian the new Quagmire now?

ZoneHero

[1]May 4, 2012
    • level: 19

From watching the the episode set-up for "Mr. and Mrs. Stewie", where Brian "helps" a college student "proof read" her work for her class and ended up being there all night made me realize something... Brian is REALLY starting to turn out like Quagmire... only more low and shallow if possible.

Let's take a look at his "love life" this season so far.

He dated a blind girl who hates dogs. It was one thing to lie about WHO he was, but then he pretended that she was being mugged only to "save" her, took her "Paris" in the front yard of his house, and then he took pictures of her naked chest, a "gift" she was giving him for being a "gentleman". Then, when she broke up with him for lying about who he is; he jumps to the idea of doing it ALL OVER AGAIN but this time around, just change his voice so she won't know it him.

Then he his "Brian Steele" line on Stewie's horrible preschool teacher, who neglected her charges, as well giving out harsh punishments and having kids DIE or be kidnapped in her care; and didn't call the cops on her ALL of that AFTER he realize that she already has a boyfriend. He also claims she is going to hell in spite the fact he is an atheist.

And now, he pretends he actually taught someone to write after a college girl claims she "worship" the writer (and when he didn't show up; he tried to take his stand. I guess his ego from his "bestseller" still hasn't deflated after being chewed out and humiliating himself on national TV. Thank goodness Stewie stopped him), then goes to her dorm to "help" her creative story, and ended up staying there the entire night... with Stewie waiting... doing who knows what. He had his fur busheled in the next shot, as he and Stewie were driving to the park... I am sure what happened... he could have stayed up all night working with that story with that girl, or they could have actually done IT...

I'm drawing attention to this because so far: Brian is into girl that he can easily lie or impress; making shallow relationships rather than "deep" ones; like he has given up looking for love and just after one night stands. He also seems to have developed little respect for woman women who are smarter than him or even on par: like in last season, when he tried to hit on that one "pretty" girl at his book signing who wasn't "THAT" into him while ignoring a less attractive fan; or how he seemed insulted that he was in the back of a restaurant while some famous woman whom he thinks he better than, is up front... after he left and said hi to her...

It seems like what Quagmire said is now true. How brian "Prentends he is this deep guy who likes woman for their souls, but he actual dates bimbos." And to Quagmire's credit: he is not picky of who he is with: be it someone fat with an annoying voice, a woman with a messed up leg, or even Meg, a girl who has been labeled unattractive her entire family. Heck, when you think about Quagmire seems to become a deeper character than Brian, having to actual deal with a father's sex change, having a sister in a abusive relationship, and actually given up his child while Brian's is still around, he just never visits him.

Is this going to be Brian's new shtick now? I know episodes have him have bad dates; but now he is going to be a sex hound in the literal sense? Is this is what he is going to do when he not spewing out liberal messages or denouncing religious faiths?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RaizenYusuke

[2]May 4, 2012
    • level: 28
    Yes. That is exactly going to be what Brain does. He has become shallow, egocentric, self-righteous ass.

BenWaldburger

[3]May 4, 2012
    • level: 5

I'd really rather not think about this kind of stuff.

thundercat2000

[4]May 5, 2012
    • level: 17

At least Quagmire was honest in his rant.

ZoneHero

[5]May 5, 2012
    thundercat2000 wrote:

At least Quagmire was honest in his rant.

As much I hate that force "Quagmire is Brian's enemy" concept into the show (pretty much as any Simpsons episode which Flanders is a narrow minded antagonist), I would love to see Glen actually chew him out more whenever he does stuff like that. I still find it odd how he hates Brian for everything, and yet is perfectly fine with Peter's as well as Lois's less likeable traits. I was disappointed how "Meg and Quagmire" didn't had them be chewed out...

BenWaldburger wrote:

I'd really rather not think about this kind of stuff.

So do I, but they just keep on shoving this junk down our throats....

FOP_fan17

[6]May 5, 2012
    • level: 22
    I couldn't have said it better myself, ZoneHero. Quagmire's rant is becoming more and more true. I remember back in earlier seasons, Brian would complain about not finding the "perfect" woman for him, a soul mate. But ever since he dated Rita, he's treating women like disposable trash. It's despicable the way he deceives women just to get laid. Honestly, Jillian is so much better off without him! I understand that love can be hard, that doesn't excuse the way he's been treating them. I was completely disgusted with how he let Stewie probably fend for himself all night in "Mr. and Mrs. Stewie." It's getting to the point where Stewie doesn't have anyone to go to anymore. Brian was my favorite character but....I can't condone someone who treats women like garbage and preaches about his ideas and beliefs that he tends to be hypocritical about.

BenWaldburger

[7]May 6, 2012

I really think they're only doing this just so they can "prove" something. That's what I kind of hate about some things, how they do something as an excuse.

And also, it never made mention of Brian "doing it" with that college girl. You know what? I'm just gonna safely assume he stayed up all night to help her with the story.

Edited on 05/06/2012 1:46pm

FOP_fan17

[8]May 6, 2012
    ^Well his rumpled fur, and Stewie being pissed off about it the next day, tell a different story. I think that if Brian HAD been helping her, Stewie wouldn't have minded so much.

BenWaldburger

[9]May 6, 2012

Oh, come on. Brian could have literally been up all night helping her, and she could have let him stay for the night. Besides, Stewie was already annoyed enough because he had no way of entertaining himself while he was waiting.

Anyways, I think Brian IS interested in looking for a soulmate, but is usually looking in the right place at the wrong time. At least, that's how I view it. Besides, Quagmire might be "honest" about dating women for their bodies yet he isn't ALWAYS. Brian at least acts like a gentleman to the girls he dates and doesn't jump into the sex immediately. Unless I'm wrong.

Edited on 05/06/2012 6:18pm

FOP_fan17

[10]May 6, 2012
    ^No you're right, he doesn't jump into sex right away. And he IS more of a gentleman. I don't think it's that Brian has COMPLETELY lost his interest in a soul mate, it's just that he's acting more disgusting about doing so. Brian is smart enough to know that a key to any woman's heart isn't lying, like he did with Kate.

Endoplasmic888

[11]May 6, 2012
    • level: 7
    Why do you guys take this show so seriously? It's just a cartoon.

ZoneHero

[12]May 7, 2012
    BenWaldburger wrote:

Anyways, I think Brian IS interested in looking for a soulmate, but is usually looking in the right place at the wrong time. At least, that's how I view it. Besides, Quagmire might be "honest" about dating women for their bodies yet he isn't ALWAYS. Brian at least acts like a gentleman to the girls he dates and doesn't jump into the sex immediately. Unless I'm wrong.

FOP_fan17 wrote:
    ^No you're right, he doesn't jump into sex right away. And he IS more of a gentleman. I don't think it's that Brian has COMPLETELY lost his interest in a soul mate, it's just that he's acting more disgusting about doing so. Brian is smart enough to know that a key to any woman's heart isn't lying, like he did with Kate.

Have you two forgotten how when Stewie was pretending to be a girl, she tried to come onto Brian. And he started to lay it thick, Brian started his "Brian Steele" line; and as soon as they were holding hand, Brian just lowers "her" hand under the table to touch his junk... what kind of gentleman does THAT on a first date? Speaking of first dates: remember when he dated that older woman (I don't remember her name, why should I? She never appears again and the whole joke revolved around her being old) he easily jump to a chance to bone some air-head college girl for one night?

Endoplasmic888 wrote:
    Why do you guys take this show so seriously? It's just a cartoon.

We're not taking it seriously, we're just commenting how a show that was great, got canceled before its time, only to finally return on the air, but has been declining over the years, changing everything that people like about it int he first place and then find new ways to hate it even more.

BenWaldburger

[13]May 7, 2012

Who, Rita? Come on. It wasn't Brian's fault, not entirely, at least. True, he cheated on her, but look at it this way. All the family did that whole episode was ridicule him by constantly pointing out how old Rita was. That's all that Brian could focus on and that's what ruined the whole thing for him.

ZoneHero

[14]May 7, 2012
    So, peer pressure then? That's Brian's excuse to nail a younger woman? I will admit, the family (namely Peter and Lois) ruined the experience for him, but they actually encourage him to see how much younger woman are better? And that doesn't really change the fact that he actually slept with a girl that had no interest with him within a few hours at a bar, on their first "date" (if you can call it that), and most likely never going to see her again can be considered to be an appropriate actions for a "gentleman"?

BenWaldburger

[15]May 7, 2012

You know, Brian is looking for a girl to date for her soul. That's one of the reasons he was attracted to Lois because she's more than a bimbo, as was Rita and that Lauren Conrad chick, till he realized he was in love with Jillian when dating the latter.

thundercat2000

[16]May 9, 2012

Brian lied to Jillian by saying he didn't want to move in with her. I'm glad that Jillian dumped him. He doesn't deserve her.

FOP_fan17

[17]May 9, 2012
    I think Brian is looking for a soul mate, but he's not doing so in a good way. He started off his recent relationships by lying or putting himself on a pedestal, and that's not the key to a girl's soul. I would be more inclined to feel sorry for him if he actually seemed remorseful for his actions, but he doesn't. The only relationship Brian seems to blame himself for is Jillian, and as thundercat pointed out he doesn't deserve her. Brian only bothered to take Jillian more seriously because Peter butted in, which is the wrong reason to move in with someone. I don't see why it would be such a huge deal for him to not think about sex right away and not lie to get a girl's heart, either....I mean sure, that blew up in his face with Carolyn, but that doesn't mean it would happen again. It would do Brian's character a world of good if he actually had a long-term girlfriend again.

BenWaldburger

[18]May 11, 2012

Really, even if Brian is the show's new Quagmire, I still think he's much better than the real thing. Quagmire can say he's honest about dating women for their bodies all he wants, it really doesn't put him in the right because Quagmire has deceived women with his so-called "charm", raped some girls, never bothered to pay for child support (at least Brian took the time to be a father to his biological son, compared to the millions of kids Quagmire's conceived and never bothers to see) and even drugged women. I really can't see Brian doing those things and besides, I'm pretty sure he at least isn't the kind of guy who's like, "Sex first, questions later!" At least, MOST of the time.

Oh, and don't get me started on how offensive Quagmire can be to some girls, labeling him a sex offender. Not to mention the fact that he's a pedophile and a necrophiliac.

Edited on 05/11/2012 4:44pm

thundercat2000

[19]Jun 1, 2012

BenWaldburger wrote:

Who, Rita? Come on. It wasn't Brian's fault, not entirely, at least. True, he cheated on her, but look at it this way. All the family did that whole episode was ridicule him by constantly pointing out how old Rita was. That's all that Brian could focus on and that's what ruined the whole thing for him.

I didn't like how Rita was handled due to her age. She was 50 but they made her act like she is 80 or 90 when she broke her hip. That was a horrible episode.

thundercat2000

[20]Jun 15, 2012

Brian should realize that he is literally a talking dog. Dogs live up to 15 years old. With his excess drinking and smoking, he won't live pass 10. Also, human women out live him. He should date a female talking dog and they can both live a long life together.