Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

"Life of Brian" episode discussion

ayranci2

[1]Nov 25, 2013
    • level: 4

R.I.P. Brian Griffin (1999-2013)

This episode is now the most underrated Family Guy episode EVER.Everyone hated it because Brian died. Even though Brian died, I loved this episode. It was emotional and I laughed at some parts in this episode. BEST OF SEASON SO FAR, HATERS GONNA HATE OK? 10/10 (Yes, I loved it.)

By the way, why everyone hated this one and they didn'teven hateKenny Dies episode of South Park?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ilikekatyperry

[2]Nov 25, 2013
    • level: 9

OK episode. It did have funny parts, but I thought it was quite disturbing when they showed Brian being ran over. 6 out of 10.

And I think that the reason most people did not hate that South Park episode was because Kenny dying was a running gag and occurred in most episodes. At least I think that's why.

Edited on 11/25/2013 10:28am

Raccoon1459

[3]Nov 25, 2013
    • level: 22
    I hope he's with his mother "Biscuit" in Heaven.

skbrettbug

[4]Nov 25, 2013
    • level: 19
    I rarely watch this show (too off-color for me) but I ended up watching this episode and it was pretty sad. Que lastima.

WicthBalder

[5]Nov 25, 2013
    • level: 4

I'm shocked that Brian's death was handled in a serious and mature manner. Is Brian really killed off in this show?

thundercat2000

[6]Nov 26, 2013
    • level: 17

WicthBalder wrote:

I'm shocked that Brian's death was handled in a serious and mature manner. Is Brian really killed off in this show?

Me too. His name is in a few upcoming episodes but maybe they're set in an alternate universe.

Raccoon1459

[7]Nov 26, 2013
    Just saw the episode.

I'm a little insecure about Vinnie.

gideonbernstein

[8]Nov 26, 2013
    • level: 43
    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    Just saw the episode.

I'm a little insecure about Vinnie.

Granted he could never replace Brian,but I think that we should give him a chance just as he convinced Stewie to give him a chance.

thundercat2000

[9]Nov 27, 2013

He isn't so bad. I'll give him a chance.

Raccoon1459

[10]Nov 27, 2013
    Alright, it's only fair to give him a chance.

Nicktoons2

[11]Nov 27, 2013
    • level: 7

ilikekatyperry wrote:

OK episode. It did have funny parts, but I thought it was quite disturbing when they showed Brian being ran over. 6 out of 10.

And I think that the reason most people did not hate that South Park episode was because Kenny dying was a running gag and occurred in most episodes. At least I think that's why.

South park actually had a similar situation. There is an episode of South Park where Kenny permanently dies. "Kenny Dies" episode, he was gone for a whole season and they tried to replace him with another character that was already on the show. Though he returned the next season as i think the fan base of Kenny was high.

I kind of think Brian won't return though as they used a New character that wasn't already on the show. And Brian dieing wasn't a running gag on family Guy like Kenny dieing was.

Edited on 11/27/2013 8:46am

KasaiWolf

[12]Nov 27, 2013
    • level: 1
    I don't hate Vinny but it was far too soon after Brian just leaving the show like that. I will give him a chance though because I like a soppy back story. The one thing that still bothers me about that episode though was that it was Brian's own car that killed him and we don't even know who was driving it. I smell a bigger story.

gamescholar

[13]Nov 27, 2013
    • level: 2

I still like this episode even though Brian died in an awful fashion and is gone from the show (for however long it will last). Unlike other serious episodes over the course of the series, this one had enough jokes that were used at the right spots while also keeping a serious mood throughout the episode following Brian's fatal accident. The only part I really did not like was Quagmire's smartphone scene at Brian's funeral. They could have done a better job of showing that Glenn still had issues (however hypocritically unreasonable) with Brian while still attending his funeral without coming off as an ass. I do want to see more episodes with Vinny before deciding if he is a good replacement for Brian or not. At least he won't tolerate all of Stewie's crap so that is a good start for me (I hope this also applies that with the rest of the Griffins, especially Peter and Lois). While I can see the reasons why some fans didn't like this episode, I still give this episode a 7 out of 10.

Some observations from the episode:

The car that hit Brian looked very similar to his car and the driver was not visible. I hope the writers explore who was driving the car that killed Brian in a future episode.

Apparently Stewie is short of just one part for rebuilding his time machine. Will he eventually get that part to rebuild the time machine?

I wonder if others at Brian's funeral caught Quagmire's apathetic attitude (not counting Ida), and will they begin to question if he had a role in his death?

Aside from Quagmire, did anyone else notice that some of the funeral guests included characters that hated at least one member of the Griffin family (Joyce Kinney being one example)?

Raccoon1459

[14]Nov 27, 2013
    Where's the justice? The driver should be behind bars! He was driving quite fast.

thundercat2000

[15]Nov 28, 2013

gamescholar wrote:

I still like this episode even though Brian died in an awful fashion and is gone from the show (for however long it will last). Unlike other serious episodes over the course of the series, this one had enough jokes that were used at the right spots while also keeping a serious mood throughout the episode following Brian's fatal accident. The only part I really did not like was Quagmire's smartphone scene at Brian's funeral. They could have done a better job of showing that Glenn still had issues (however hypocritically unreasonable) with Brian while still attending his funeral without coming off as an ass. I do want to see more episodes with Vinny before deciding if he is a good replacement for Brian or not. At least he won't tolerate all of Stewie's crap so that is a good start for me (I hope this also applies that with the rest of the Griffins, especially Peter and Lois). While I can see the reasons why some fans didn't like this episode, I still give this episode a 7 out of 10.

Some observations from the episode:

The car that hit Brian looked very similar to his car and the driver was not visible. I hope the writers explore who was driving the car that killed Brian in a future episode.

Apparently Stewie is short of just one part for rebuilding his time machine. Will he eventually get that part to rebuild the time machine?

I wonder if others at Brian's funeral caught Quagmire's apathetic attitude (not counting Ida), and will they begin to question if he had a role in his death?

Aside from Quagmire, did anyone else notice that some of the funeral guests included characters that hated at least one member of the Griffin family (Joyce Kinney being one example)? I saw Joyce Kinney. I know that Brian did hire a hitman to kill Quagmires' cat. Lets' not forget that Brian was jealous of that cat and Quagmire wanted revenge so Quagmire had a reason. Also, remember when unlucky Stewie found that money in the backpack? Did he payoff that loan shark? I'll bet that loan shark sent his henchman to kill Brian.

Nicktoons2

[16]Nov 28, 2013
    • level: 7

Raccoon1459 wrote:
    Where's the justice? The driver should be behind bars! He was driving quite fast.

Exactly. What if the driver was evil Stewie. He decided to kill Brian and steal his family. Then he will frame Vinny for something horrible and kill Stewie. Then evil Stewie is now in the family with no dog. He kills everyone else and he gets his revenge.

Then the cops come to arrest evil Stewie for speeding.

antdude

[17]Dec 1, 2013
    • level: 27
    It was OK. I wasn't expecting Brian to die.

taker65

[18]Dec 2, 2013
    • level: 54

This episode was a bit of a shock to me. I kept hearing news that they were going to kill someone off, but I wasn't expecting it to be Brian. I mean, he's one of the main characters. I think what was left of my fondness for Quagmire just disappeared with this episode. I know he hated Brian, but to watch a baseball game at his funeral is pretty disrespectful. As for Vinny, I'll try to give him a chance. Who knows? He might grow on me.

Overall, I'll give this a 9/10.

Raccoon1459

[19]Dec 6, 2013
    Due to internet protesting, Brian may very well return!

http://www.avclub.com/article/family-guy-to-bring-back-brian-in-obvious-testamen-106284

UnovaChampion

[20]Dec 7, 2013
    ......The internet becoming a whiny bunch of morons wasn't the reason Brian's coming back. This was what they had planned all along, you were all gullible enough to think they'd actually kill off Brian like that. It was an obvious con but one that was somewhat amusing. Congratulations on getting all in a tizzy over nothing internet.