Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

One scene from "Dial Meg For Murder" that I completely dislike

Tkerekes13

[21]May 12, 2010
    • level: 28

SorrowsIron wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:

SorrowsIron wrote:
    Tkerekes, you are being completely ridiculous and I actually have a feeling you only posted this to start controversy. Obviously any parent would act exactly like Lois did after finding out that her 17 year-old daughter is dating a much older man in prison. God, its called common sense. Lois was not being a B*tch at all, for once she was actually trying to protect her daughter. Unlike the time when Meg was upset and she just said "here's a sylvia plath book and a bottle of Ambien. I'm gonna look the other way, and whatever happens, happens."
    I am NOT being completely ridiculous at all and I did NOT post this to start controversy at all. Besides, I believe that you are, in some ways, wrong. Lois was indeed being a b*tch due to the way she was trying to "protect" her daughter, because I have no reason to believe that Luke was dangerous. Besides, if you haven't paid attention lately, there are lots of users on Youtube and on Fanfiction.net who dislike Lois and the way that she's been towards Meg lately. And if you don't like it, then I suggest that you stay out of this completely.

You've misunderstood. I completely agree that Lois has been a b*tch to Meg lately. However in this episode it wasn't the case. Yea, maybe he was only stealing medication, but any mother is going to get upset when she finds out her 17 year-old daughter is dating a much older man IN PRISON. Think reality here.
    No, I haven't misunderstood at all. Besides, it's clear that Lois has been a b*tch to Meg lately, and inthis episode, it was definitely the case. Stealing medication? Probably so. But older than Meg? We don't know that for sure. Maybe he just had an early growth spurt or something. Besides, maybe if Lois met Luke for herself and asked him some questions, maybe even suggesting a lie detector test, then maybe she'd learn the truth for sure.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LukeJames525

[23]May 12, 2010
    • level: 19
    No offense Tkerekes, but I agree with SorrowsIron, you're not making a valid argument.

Tkerekes13

[25]May 14, 2010

LukeJames525 wrote:
    No offense Tkerekes, but I agree with SorrowsIron, you're not making a valid argument.
    None taken, but I just had a need to speak out against that certain scene that I dislike, but with all that aside, don't you think Brian should have talked to Meg first before telling the rest of the family?

LukeJames525

[26]May 14, 2010
    I agree with you on that, but it doesn't matter now.

Tkerekes13

[28]May 16, 2010

LukeJames525 wrote:
    Well, thanks, but why don't you think it matters now?

LukeJames525

[29]May 16, 2010
    Tkerekes13 wrote:

LukeJames525 wrote:

Because it already happened, and it can't be changed.

Tkerekes13

[30]May 17, 2010

LukeJames525 wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:

LukeJames525 wrote:

Because it already happened, and it can't be changed.
    Well, yeah, but we can always wish that it did, not that I'd want it to come true.

Edited on 05/17/2010 11:15am

Tkerekes13

[31]May 19, 2010

TudorRose wrote:

Lois was just worried about Meg. For all they know he could have been a serial killer. As for Brian I think it was sweet that he was worried about her. He always treated meg for the most part decent. Examples. Deep throats, Barely Legal, Perfect castaway.

Well, of course Lois was worried about Meg, but she didn't have to be so indignant about it. If you look at it realistically, you may see that parents should always let their kids tell their sides of the story and maybe even expect some proof. Besides, I refuse to believe that Luke could have been a serial killer, but with that being said, they could have resorted to drastic measures to extract the truth from him, like a lie detector test for instance. And I guess it's alright that Brian was worried about her, as he was in the examples that you mentioned, but I don't think he should have been following her. I think he should have just asked her some questions, that way Meg wouldn't get too suspicious or agitated.

And as for Lois, well, I believe she was being worse than King Triton in Disney's "The Little Mermaid". Like Lois not wanting to see Luke because they don't know his true intentions for sure, King Triton didn't want Ariel going up to the surface because he believed that humans are "fish-eaters", but we can sympathize with Triton because he's a far better parent all around and he probably never learned enough about humans to see that they're not all the same, but we cannot sympathize with Lois because she hasn't been a good parent towards Meg lately and she's far more quick to judge than Triton, who, as far as I'm concerned, probably hasn't had a lot experience with humans. Lois, on the other hand, has probably seen too many prisoners and doesn't want to take any further chances with them, thus giving her no choice but to set a rule which does not permit negotiations with prisoners. Of course, that's all what I believe, and I'll respect what you believe, too.

minisin

[37]Jun 20, 2010
    • level: 14

....People have far to much time. Megs the daughter. Her parents can treat her however they like. Meg's just a whiney ****

thundercat2000

[38]Jun 20, 2010
    • level: 17

Meg hasn't been that way after Dial Meg for Murder. She has gotten a backbone in the recent episodes and isn't whiney. Lois is the one who should be hated.

minisin

[39]Jun 21, 2010
    • level: 14
    thundercat2000 wrote:

Meg hasn't been that way after Dial Meg for Murder. She has gotten a backbone in the recent episodes and isn't whiney. Lois is the one who should be hated.

Hated?
    lol.
    Cartoon.
    Fiction.