Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

One scene from "Dial Meg For Murder" that I completely dislike

Tkerekes13

[41]Jun 27, 2010
    • level: 28

minisin wrote:

....People have far to much time. Megs the daughter. Her parents can treat her however they like. Meg's just a whiney ****

You are so wrong. Meg is NOT a whiney **** at all.

thundercat2000 wrote:

Meg hasn't been that way after Dial Meg for Murder. She has gotten a backbone in the recent episodes and isn't whiney. Lois is the one who should be hated.

I completely agree with you, thundercat2000. Lois should definitely be hated, especially for the scene that we're discussing. Of course, if I wanted to write a Family Guy fanfiction, I'd make Lois a better character.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Tkerekes13

[44]Sep 21, 2010

Okay, I know I haven't posted in here in a while, but I still want to know if anybody agrees that Lois was indeed being a ***** in the scene that we're discussing here.

MadamStacey

[46]Dec 22, 2011
    • level: 2

I just hated Brian spying on Meg so that he could film her without her permission. It was also rather sad cause Meg actually found someone who loves her enough to break out of prison for her. No one else cares that much about her, even if it just a cartoon.

Tkerekes13

[47]Jan 10, 2012

MadamStacey wrote:

I just hated Brian spying on Meg so that he could film her without her permission. It was also rather sad cause Meg actually found someone who loves her enough to break out of prison for her. No one else cares that much about her, even if it just a cartoon.

Finally, somebody with understanding!

ollibot284

[48]Jan 21, 2012
    • level: 9

Lois had the right reaction meg was doing something considered dangerous I'm glad Lois acted the way she, did its about time she was responsible with her children

Tkerekes13

[49]Mar 9, 2012

ollibot284 wrote:

Lois had the right reaction meg was doing something considered dangerous I'm glad Lois acted the way she, did its about time she was responsible with her children

We don't have exact proof that it was dangerous. Ever thought about that?

ZoneHero

[50]Mar 11, 2012
    • level: 19
    ollibot284 wrote:

Again, Lois herself was a jail bird, she stole from stores and art galleries. She only got off the hook cause she save Joe's life if he let her go. And Peter has been in jail too, mostly for crimes that he DID deserve to be punished. So basically, she really quick to judge harshly.

Tkerekes13

[51]May 9, 2012

ZoneHero wrote:
    ollibot284 wrote:

Again, Lois herself was a jail bird, she stole from stores and art galleries. She only got off the hook cause she save Joe's life if he let her go. And Peter has been in jail too, mostly for crimes that he DID deserve to be punished. So basically, she really quick to judge harshly.
    And besides that, she should have been given some evidence on whether or not Luke was really dangerous.

FOP_fan17

[52]May 9, 2012
    • level: 22
    ^Well to be fair, if my child was dating a prisoner I'd be a bit concerned too. But I think I would be more inclined to visit the prisoner myself, instead of yelling like Lois did.

drudager

[53]May 11, 2012
    • level: 13

Tkerekes13 wrote:
    And besides that, she should have been given some evidence on whether or not Luke was really dangerous.
    Yeah, because they put people in jail because they're such law-abiding outstanding citizens. Come ON.

drudager

[54]May 11, 2012
    Tkerekes13 wrote:

MadamStacey wrote:

Finally, somebody with understanding!

This is so sad.

chimanruler15

[55]May 16, 2012
    • level: 3

minisin wrote:
    thundercat2000 wrote:

Meg hasn't been that way after Dial Meg for Murder. She has gotten a backbone in the recent episodes and isn't whiney. Lois is the one who should be hated.

... Hated? lol. Cartoon. Fiction.

Does that really matter? It doesn't matter if it's a TV show. We can debate on the characters in it, and there's nothing wrong with that, nor could you do anything to change that. If you find this pointless, don't come here in the first place. Common sense.

chimanruler15

[56]May 16, 2012

drudager wrote:

Tkerekes13 wrote:
    Yeah, because they put people in jail because they're such law-abiding outstanding citizens. Come ON.

Some people get put in jail even when they're really innocent. Not everyone who's in jail is guilty of the crime that he or she is said to commit.

chimanruler15

[57]May 16, 2012

While Lois and Brian were only concerned for Meg, and I can understand why they did what they did, they should have acted differently.

Lois should have let Meg explain herself instead of jumping to conclusions.

Brian should have talked to Meg first instead of putting her private business out to her family without her permission.

drudager

[58]May 16, 2012
    chimanruler15 wrote:

While Lois and Brian were only concerned for Meg, and I can understand why they did what they did, they should have acted differently.

Lois should have let Meg explain herself instead of jumping to conclusions.

Brian should have talked to Meg first instead of putting her private business out to her family without her permission.

Um, Meg was still technically a minor at that particular moment. So no, Brian doesn't have to talk to her first - and even if she was 18, she's still living at the family house which harboring a convict potentially put her family at risk & in danger. If you had a daughter doing what Meg was doing, you'd hit the roof. Where is the common sense here, people?

drudager

[59]May 16, 2012

chimanruler15 wrote:

drudager wrote:

Tkerekes13 wrote:

Some people get put in jail even when they're really innocent. Not everyone who's in jail is guilty of the crime that he or she is said to commit.

Undecided

Vast, vast majority of people in jail are not innocent. And while a few are framed, even within those were probably committing other crimes in their past and/or have a history of criminal activity, so they're getting what's due to them anyway. I think law enforcement in this country does a pretty damn good job.

drudager

[60]May 16, 2012
    Tkerekes13 wrote:

minisin wrote:

....People have far to much time. Megs the daughter. Her parents can treat her however they like. Meg's just a whiney ****

You are so wrong. Meg is NOT a whiney **** at all.

Oh yes she is. People here act like Meg is a martyr or Joan of Arc. She is annoying, has a big mouth & also is very disrespectful to her parents. Maybe it's because we live in screwed up times but it's blatant that Meg needs to be disciplined.