Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

One scene from "Dial Meg For Murder" that I completely dislike

  • Avatar of thundercat2000

    thundercat2000

    [61]May 16, 2012
    • member since: 03/17/07
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 2,585

    drudager wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:


    minisin wrote:

    ....People have far to much time. Megs the daughter. Her parents can treat her however they like. Meg's just a whiney ****


    You are so wrong. Meg is NOT a whiney **** at all.


    Oh yes she is. People here act like Meg is a martyr or Joan of Arc. She is annoying, has a big mouth & also is very disrespectful to her parents. Maybe it's because we live in screwed up times but it's blatant that Meg needs to be disciplined.
    Seth and the writers can't write for teen girls. Meg hasn't been whiney lately and it is Peter who is extremelyannoying and has the big mouth. Lois is also very annoying. If they get writers who know how to write for teen girls and women in general, the characters would be better.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of FOP_fan17

    FOP_fan17

    [62]May 16, 2012
    • member since: 02/12/08
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 5,086

    Both Lois and Peter whine so much over nothing that I can tolerate what any of the children or Brian do. While I do think all of the kids have problems, I don'thave a problem with Meg's attitude. Peter and Lois are mean to her for no apparent reason sometimes....she only has to say "Hi" and they make a rude remark. I'm all for kids respecting their parents, but respect needs to be earned by BOTH parties, not just one. The fact that Meg came out of Lois's womb doesn't mean she ought to treat her like a saint. Lois CHOSE to have her when she didn't have to, so she doesn't deserve special treatment for that. And just because Meg isn't on her own yet doesn't mean she is entitled to everything, either. (Although I don't think that's a problem for her). I personally think that's what's wrong with the kid/parent relationship today....neither party respects the other because both of them are selfish. Parents want to be treated like saints for doing a basic job that has been done for centuries, and kids think that the whole world owes them everything. I understand that this is a cartoon, but it displays a pretty accurate representation of kid/parent relationships today. And this relationship is a major reason why I'm childfree. Also....I think Lois WAS mean, but I also understand why she was upset. I am the type of person who likes to know the "why" behind everything, so I would have let Meg explain herself. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't be pissed that she was dating a convict. I would tell my parents if my sister were dating a convict....I can think we can pretty much all agree that Brian had a right to say something. He was concerned for Meg....Luke could have been lying about his motives for stealing. Even if she was 20 or 30 years old, it would still be a reason to be concerned.

    Edited on 05/16/2012 3:38pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thundercat2000

    thundercat2000

    [63]May 17, 2012
    • member since: 03/17/07
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 2,585

    FOP_fan17 wrote:


    Both Lois and Peter whine so much over nothing that I can tolerate what any of the children or Brian do. While I do think all of the kids have problems, I don'thave a problem with Meg's attitude. Peter and Lois are mean to her for no apparent reason sometimes....she only has to say "Hi" and they make a rude remark. I'm all for kids respecting their parents, but respect needs to be earned by BOTH parties, not just one. The fact that Meg came out of Lois's womb doesn't mean she ought to treat her like a saint. Lois CHOSE to have her when she didn't have to, so she doesn't deserve special treatment for that. And just because Meg isn't on her own yet doesn't mean she is entitled to everything, either. (Although I don't think that's a problem for her). I personally think that's what's wrong with the kid/parent relationship today....neither party respects the other because both of them are selfish. Parents want to be treated like saints for doing a basic job that has been done for centuries, and kids think that the whole world owes them everything. I understand that this is a cartoon, but it displays a pretty accurate representation of kid/parent relationships today. And this relationship is a major reason why I'm childfree. Also....I think Lois WAS mean, but I also understand why she was upset. I am the type of person who likes to know the "why" behind everything, so I would have let Meg explain herself. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't be pissed that she was dating a convict. I would tell my parents if my sister were dating a convict....I can think we can pretty much all agree that Brian had a right to say something. He was concerned for Meg....Luke could have been lying about his motives for stealing. Even if she was 20 or 30 years old, it would still be a reason to be concerned.


    Well put.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of chimanruler15

    chimanruler15

    [64]May 17, 2012
    • member since: 04/27/11
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 85

    FOP_fan17 wrote:


    Both Lois and Peter whine so much over nothing that I can tolerate what any of the children or Brian do. While I do think all of the kids have problems, I don'thave a problem with Meg's attitude. Peter and Lois are mean to her for no apparent reason sometimes....she only has to say "Hi" and they make a rude remark. I'm all for kids respecting their parents, but respect needs to be earned by BOTH parties, not just one. The fact that Meg came out of Lois's womb doesn't mean she ought to treat her like a saint. Lois CHOSE to have her when she didn't have to, so she doesn't deserve special treatment for that. And just because Meg isn't on her own yet doesn't mean she is entitled to everything, either. (Although I don't think that's a problem for her). I personally think that's what's wrong with the kid/parent relationship today....neither party respects the other because both of them are selfish. Parents want to be treated like saints for doing a basic job that has been done for centuries, and kids think that the whole world owes them everything. I understand that this is a cartoon, but it displays a pretty accurate representation of kid/parent relationships today. And this relationship is a major reason why I'm childfree. Also....I think Lois WAS mean, but I also understand why she was upset. I am the type of person who likes to know the "why" behind everything, so I would have let Meg explain herself. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't be pissed that she was dating a convict. I would tell my parents if my sister were dating a convict....I can think we can pretty much all agree that Brian had a right to say something. He was concerned for Meg....Luke could have been lying about his motives for stealing. Even if she was 20 or 30 years old, it would still be a reason to be concerned.




    Agreed. Parents and children need to respect each other, not just one way.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of chimanruler15

    chimanruler15

    [65]May 17, 2012
    • member since: 04/27/11
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 85

    drudager wrote:


    chimanruler15 wrote:


    drudager wrote:


    Tkerekes13 wrote:
    And besides that, she should have been given some evidence on whether or not Luke was really dangerous.
    Yeah, because they put people in jail because they're such law-abiding outstanding citizens. Come ON.



    Some people get put in jail even when they're really innocent. Not everyone who's in jail is guilty of the crime that he or she is said to commit.




    Undecided


    Vast, vast majority of people in jail are not innocent. And while a few are framed, even within those were probably committing other crimes in their past and/or have a history of criminal activity, so they're getting what's due to them anyway. I think law enforcement in this country does a pretty damn good job.




    Good point.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of drudager

    drudager

    [66]May 17, 2012
    • member since: 07/07/11
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,282
    FOP_fan17 wrote:
    I understand that this is a cartoon, but it displays a pretty accurate representation of kid/parent relationships today. And this relationship is a major reason why I'm childfree.


    I can think of MANY reasons why I chose to be childfree & will remain so for the rest of my life. One of the biggest problems is people don't anticipate children being annoying & terrible or some think it will be all fun & games, or will turn out just like them. Part of the problem today is kids think their opinion is entitled and they think they have a say in calling the shots, or that it weighs heavy vs the parent's opinion. Partial to blame is aggressive advertising & another part is parents who won't say "no". It is no surprise to me today that kids are lazy, poorly disciplined & obese. The parents are whom call the shots; not the kids; parents are not supposed to be "fair" or "your friend" - they're your parents - their way or the highway. I never understood that while growing up, but I can see now that I wouldn't want a snot-nosed kid telling ME what to do or feel.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of drudager

    drudager

    [68]May 17, 2012
    • member since: 07/07/11
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,282
    chimanruler15 wrote:
    Parents and children need to respect each other, not just one way.


    Parents need to do their JOB as parents which is basically put a roof over their head, clothes on their back, feed them & get them an education and life skills, structure, discipline and lessons, not to be fair or their kid's friend. Being friends comes when the child is an adult - but not while they're young.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of chimanruler15

    chimanruler15

    [69]May 21, 2012
    • member since: 04/27/11
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 85

    drudager wrote:
    chimanruler15 wrote:
    Parents and children need to respect each other, not just one way.
    Parents need to do their JOB as parents which is basically put a roof over their head, clothes on their back, feed them & get them an education and life skills, structure, discipline and lessons, not to be fair or their kid's friend. Being friends comes when the child is an adult - but not while they're young.


    I agree with some of what you said. You make a good point. However, parents demanding respect by using threats, punishment, shaming, bribes, force, warnings, and rewards won't work. Kids need to respect parents as individuals, not authority. Well, it's not that authority is unimportant, but higher authority does not automatically gain respect; it has to earn respect. Parents need to respect kids as individuals, too. Give respect to get respect. While kids and parents are not equals, simply being the parent and doing the job of one isn't enough to get respect. Respect has nothing to do with friendship.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of FOP_fan17

    FOP_fan17

    [70]May 21, 2012
    • member since: 02/12/08
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 5,086
    ^I wanted to post something similar to that, but was too lazy to do so. I actually think that using threats and the rest of what you listed DOES work though, otherwise parents wouldn't be using rules at all. But I think there needs to be a lot of communication towards the child and the parents need to consider how the children feel, too. Sometimes kids have a good reason to do what they do, and the reason can change why a parent would condem them. And what you said about respect was great....kids should respect their parents simply as individuals. Parents choose to have that higher authority, so they should only hope for respect from their children if they do something to earn it first. It's possible to respect and take care of your kids without being their friends.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of chimanruler15

    chimanruler15

    [71]May 23, 2012
    • member since: 04/27/11
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 85

    FOP_fan17 wrote:
    ^I wanted to post something similar to that, but was too lazy to do so. I actually think that using threats and the rest of what you listed DOES work though, otherwise parents wouldn't be using rules at all. But I think there needs to be a lot of communication towards the child and the parents need to consider how the children feel, too. Sometimes kids have a good reason to do what they do, and the reason can change why a parent would condem them. And what you said about respect was great....kids should respect their parents simply as individuals. Parents choose to have that higher authority, so they should only hope for respect from their children if they do something to earn it first. It's possible to respect and take care of your kids without being their friends.


    Thank you, and I agree to what you said.Smile

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tkerekes13

    Tkerekes13

    [72]Apr 29, 2013
    • member since: 01/08/06
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 11,246

    drudager wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:


    MadamStacey wrote:


    I just hated Brian spying on Meg so that he could film her without her permission. It was also rather sad cause Meg actually found someone who loves her enough to break out of prison for her. No one else cares that much about her, even if it just a cartoon.


    Finally, somebody with understanding!


    This is so sad.
    No, it's NOT!!!!


    drudager wrote:
    chimanruler15 wrote:


    While Lois and Brian were only concerned for Meg, and I can understand why they did what they did, they should have acted differently.


    Lois should have let Meg explain herself instead of jumping to conclusions.


    Brian should have talked to Meg first instead of putting her private business out to her family without her permission.


    Um, Meg was still technically a minor at that particular moment. So no, Brian doesn't have to talk to her first - and even if she was 18, she's still living at the family house which harboring a convict potentially put her family at risk & in danger. If you had a daughter doing what Meg was doing, you'd hit the roof. Where is the common sense here, people?
    I'm sorry, drudager, but I have to agree with chimanruler15. Brian really should have talked to her first, because that's what I would have done if she were my daughter. Plus, it doesn't really matter that Meg was a minor, as I feel that even minors deserve to have rights. Common sense, BAH!!!


    drudager wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:


    minisin wrote:


    ....People have far to much time. Megs the daughter. Her parents can treat her however they like. Meg's just a whiney ****


    You are so wrong. Meg is NOT a whiney **** at all.


    Oh yes she is. People here act like Meg is a martyr or Joan of Arc. She is annoying, has a big mouth & also is very disrespectful to her parents. Maybe it's because we live in screwed up times but it's blatant that Meg needs to be disciplined.
    I'm sorry, drudager, but you're wrong on a number of levels. She is NOT a whiny **** at all. She is NOT annoying, she does NOT have a big mouth, she is NOT very disrespectful to her parents, and she has been given a fair amount of discipline. You, on the other hand, are blind to how truly outright evil her family is!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thundercat2000

    thundercat2000

    [73]May 2, 2013
    • member since: 03/17/07
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 2,585

    Tkerekes13 wrote:


    drudager wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:


    MadamStacey wrote:


    I just hated Brian spying on Meg so that he could film her without her permission. It was also rather sad cause Meg actually found someone who loves her enough to break out of prison for her. No one else cares that much about her, even if it just a cartoon.


    Finally, somebody with understanding!


    This is so sad.
    No, it's NOT!!!!


    drudager wrote:
    chimanruler15 wrote:


    While Lois and Brian were only concerned for Meg, and I can understand why they did what they did, they should have acted differently.


    Lois should have let Meg explain herself instead of jumping to conclusions.


    Brian should have talked to Meg first instead of putting her private business out to her family without her permission.


    Um, Meg was still technically a minor at that particular moment. So no, Brian doesn't have to talk to her first - and even if she was 18, she's still living at the family house which harboring a convict potentially put her family at risk & in danger. If you had a daughter doing what Meg was doing, you'd hit the roof. Where is the common sense here, people?
    I'm sorry, drudager, but I have to agree with chimanruler15. Brian really should have talked to her first, because that's what I would have done if she were my daughter. Plus, it doesn't really matter that Meg was a minor, as I feel that even minors deserve to have rights. Common sense, BAH!!!


    drudager wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:


    minisin wrote:


    ....People have far to much time. Megs the daughter. Her parents can treat her however they like. Meg's just a whiney ****


    You are so wrong. Meg is NOT a whiney **** at all.


    Oh yes she is. People here act like Meg is a martyr or Joan of Arc. She is annoying, has a big mouth & also is very disrespectful to her parents. Maybe it's because we live in screwed up times but it's blatant that Meg needs to be disciplined.
    I'm sorry, drudager, but you're wrong on a number of levels. She is NOT a whiny **** at all. She is NOT annoying, she does NOT have a big mouth, she is NOT very disrespectful to her parents, and she has been given a fair amount of discipline. You, on the other hand, are blind to how truly outright evil her family is!


    Your are right Tkeekes13. Peter and Lois are evil are the real villians.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tkerekes13

    Tkerekes13

    [74]May 5, 2013
    • member since: 01/08/06
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 11,246

    thundercat2000 wrote:


    Tkerekes13 wrote:


    drudager wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:


    MadamStacey wrote:


    I just hated Brian spying on Meg so that he could film her without her permission. It was also rather sad cause Meg actually found someone who loves her enough to break out of prison for her. No one else cares that much about her, even if it just a cartoon.


    Finally, somebody with understanding!


    This is so sad.
    No, it's NOT!!!!


    drudager wrote:
    chimanruler15 wrote:


    While Lois and Brian were only concerned for Meg, and I can understand why they did what they did, they should have acted differently.


    Lois should have let Meg explain herself instead of jumping to conclusions.


    Brian should have talked to Meg first instead of putting her private business out to her family without her permission.


    Um, Meg was still technically a minor at that particular moment. So no, Brian doesn't have to talk to her first - and even if she was 18, she's still living at the family house which harboring a convict potentially put her family at risk & in danger. If you had a daughter doing what Meg was doing, you'd hit the roof. Where is the common sense here, people?
    I'm sorry, drudager, but I have to agree with chimanruler15. Brian really should have talked to her first, because that's what I would have done if she were my daughter. Plus, it doesn't really matter that Meg was a minor, as I feel that even minors deserve to have rights. Common sense, BAH!!!


    drudager wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:


    minisin wrote:


    ....People have far to much time. Megs the daughter. Her parents can treat her however they like. Meg's just a whiney ****


    You are so wrong. Meg is NOT a whiney **** at all.


    Oh yes she is. People here act like Meg is a martyr or Joan of Arc. She is annoying, has a big mouth & also is very disrespectful to her parents. Maybe it's because we live in screwed up times but it's blatant that Meg needs to be disciplined.
    I'm sorry, drudager, but you're wrong on a number of levels. She is NOT a whiny **** at all. She is NOT annoying, she does NOT have a big mouth, she is NOT very disrespectful to her parents, and she has been given a fair amount of discipline. You, on the other hand, are blind to how truly outright evil her family is!


    Your are right Tkeekes13. Peter and Lois are evil are the real villians.


    I'm glad you agree.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of drudager

    drudager

    [76]Jun 18, 2013
    • member since: 07/07/11
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,282
    Tkerekes13 wrote:

    thundercat2000 wrote:


    Tkerekes13 wrote:


    drudager wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:


    MadamStacey wrote:


    I just hated Brian spying on Meg so that he could film her without her permission. It was also rather sad cause Meg actually found someone who loves her enough to break out of prison for her. No one else cares that much about her, even if it just a cartoon.


    Finally, somebody with understanding!


    This is so sad.
    No, it's NOT!!!!


    drudager wrote:
    chimanruler15 wrote:


    While Lois and Brian were only concerned for Meg, and I can understand why they did what they did, they should have acted differently.


    Lois should have let Meg explain herself instead of jumping to conclusions.


    Brian should have talked to Meg first instead of putting her private business out to her family without her permission.


    Um, Meg was still technically a minor at that particular moment. So no, Brian doesn't have to talk to her first - and even if she was 18, she's still living at the family house which harboring a convict potentially put her family at risk & in danger. If you had a daughter doing what Meg was doing, you'd hit the roof. Where is the common sense here, people?
    I'm sorry, drudager, but I have to agree with chimanruler15. Brian really should have talked to her first, because that's what I would have done if she were my daughter. Plus, it doesn't really matter that Meg was a minor, as I feel that even minors deserve to have rights. Common sense, BAH!!!


    drudager wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:


    minisin wrote:


    ....People have far to much time. Megs the daughter. Her parents can treat her however they like. Meg's just a whiney ****


    You are so wrong. Meg is NOT a whiney **** at all.


    Oh yes she is. People here act like Meg is a martyr or Joan of Arc. She is annoying, has a big mouth & also is very disrespectful to her parents. Maybe it's because we live in screwed up times but it's blatant that Meg needs to be disciplined.
    I'm sorry, drudager, but you're wrong on a number of levels. She is NOT a whiny **** at all. She is NOT annoying, she does NOT have a big mouth, she is NOT very disrespectful to her parents, and she has been given a fair amount of discipline. You, on the other hand, are blind to how truly outright evil her family is!


    Your are right Tkeekes13. Peter and Lois are evil are the real villians.


    I'm glad you agree.



    You know you're wrong, of course. As is thundercat2000, entirely.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thundercat2000

    thundercat2000

    [77]Jun 19, 2013
    • member since: 03/17/07
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 2,585

    drudager wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:


    thundercat2000 wrote:


    Tkerekes13 wrote:


    drudager wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:


    MadamStacey wrote:


    I just hated Brian spying on Meg so that he could film her without her permission. It was also rather sad cause Meg actually found someone who loves her enough to break out of prison for her. No one else cares that much about her, even if it just a cartoon.


    Finally, somebody with understanding!


    This is so sad.
    No, it's NOT!!!!


    drudager wrote:
    chimanruler15 wrote:


    While Lois and Brian were only concerned for Meg, and I can understand why they did what they did, they should have acted differently.


    Lois should have let Meg explain herself instead of jumping to conclusions.


    Brian should have talked to Meg first instead of putting her private business out to her family without her permission.


    Um, Meg was still technically a minor at that particular moment. So no, Brian doesn't have to talk to her first - and even if she was 18, she's still living at the family house which harboring a convict potentially put her family at risk & in danger. If you had a daughter doing what Meg was doing, you'd hit the roof. Where is the common sense here, people?
    I'm sorry, drudager, but I have to agree with chimanruler15. Brian really should have talked to her first, because that's what I would have done if she were my daughter. Plus, it doesn't really matter that Meg was a minor, as I feel that even minors deserve to have rights. Common sense, BAH!!!


    drudager wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:


    minisin wrote:


    ....People have far to much time. Megs the daughter. Her parents can treat her however they like. Meg's just a whiney ****


    You are so wrong. Meg is NOT a whiney **** at all.


    Oh yes she is. People here act like Meg is a martyr or Joan of Arc. She is annoying, has a big mouth & also is very disrespectful to her parents. Maybe it's because we live in screwed up times but it's blatant that Meg needs to be disciplined.
    I'm sorry, drudager, but you're wrong on a number of levels. She is NOT a whiny **** at all. She is NOT annoying, she does NOT have a big mouth, she is NOT very disrespectful to her parents, and she has been given a fair amount of discipline. You, on the other hand, are blind to how truly outright evil her family is!


    Your are right Tkeekes13. Peter and Lois are evil are the real villians.


    I'm glad you agree.


    You know you're wrong, of course. As is thundercat2000, entirely.
    Everyone is right.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.