Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Reviewing the 10th Season

thundercat2000

[1]Aug 11, 2012
    • level: 17

Here is how I rank the 10th season:

The good:

Back to the Pilot: Great Brian and Stewie story and it was great to see how everything has changed since the pilot. I would have loved it more if Brian wasn't such a pompous jerk. Stealing the author of Harry Potters' idea and being a hero on 911 made him more of a douche. Overall it was great.

Mr. and Mrs. Stewie: Stewie meets a female version of him and he gets his first kiss. The subplot was was weak. Seeing Lois crushed made me lol but Peter with Quagmire in bed was just creepy. Main plot was the best.

Killer Queen: Peter saves Chris from Lois's brother at fat camp. I loved the whole Queen record cover referance and how Stewie saved Chris.

Cool Hand Peter: Peter, Joe, Quagmire and Cleveland were in a chain gang down South. Nice to see Cleveland back and this reminded of me of classic famiy guy.

Forget me Not: Nice to see that Peter still cares for Brian and there was some good bonding.

Thanksgiving: Good to see Kevin alive but I wished there had been more talk from both sides. Nice to see Joe still loves his son.

Amish Guy: Nice Romeo and Juliet story for Meg and the boy she met.

Meg and Quagmire: Quagmire really cared for Meg and Peter acted liked a real father for a change.

Family Guy Viewer Mail 2: the first one was okay, the second one was better but the third one was the best.

Leggo My Meggo: Great parody on Taken. At least Meg had some happiness.

Seahorse Seashell Party: Meg finally tells her family off but I didn't like the ending. Seeing Brian on drugs was funny.

Internal Affairs: Great to see Joe and Bonnie made up after that horrible Foreign Affairs.

the bad:

Lottery Fever: It was both a terrible season opener and a bad remake of Peter,Peter cavinar eater which was a classic. Peter was a real SOB who treated everybody as dirt. Just bad.

Tea Peter: This just goes to show that Seth should keep politics on American Dad. The earlier FG episodes which dealt with politics were better. Not this one.

You Can't Do that on TV Peter Griffin: Peter keeps being a jerk and he didn't thank Meg for saving his life. I'm glad he was attacked.

Burning Down the bayit: Anti Semetic jokes and not funny. That school bus scene made it the worse.

The Blind Side: Brian taking advantage of that blind girl and lying to her. He is the new Quagmire. He has become a bigger SOB than Peter.

Grumpy Old Man: Carter at a retirement home. BORING!!

The Tom Tucker episode: James Woods helped a little but not enough. I hated the subplot. That girl who looked like Lois and Lois was too stupid to notice?! She is becoming another Peter.

Stewie goes for a drive: Dull!!

Livin on a Prayer: At least Brian stayed in the back ground but another preachy religious episode.

Screams of Silence...: Too dark

Be Careful What you Fish For: I wanted to shoot that dolphin and Brian on he treated Stewie just because he wanted to see his teacher.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ChipsTheButler

[2]Aug 11, 2012
    • level: 9
    Ok

FOP_fan17

[4]Aug 12, 2012
    • level: 22
    ^Are there any moderators in these forums anymore to take care of stuff like this? Here's my review:

Good episodes:

Seahorse Seashell Party: It was nice to see Meg tell her family off for a change instead of being the whipping girl the entire time (although I didn't like the final outcome). Brian was funnier than he ever has been. Stewie Goes for A Drive: I liked the main plot, especially how Brian agrees not to tell on Stewie. The subplot was weak but not terrible.

Back to the Pilot: It was great seeing the changes since the pilot, and the jokes were hilarious.

Amish Guy: I liked Stewie's jokes, and how Meg and the boy (Eli?) had that "forbidden love" aspect of a relationship.

Cool Hand Peter: Another classic Peter and the guys episode. It had everything that made the old Family Guy worth watching.

Meg and Quagmire: It was nice to see Peter and Lois be considerate of Meg (although I don't believe they defended her for the same reasons most parents would.) It was cute how Stewie stood up for her, too.

Killer Queen: Great Chris episode! Stewie's reaction to the Queen album was funny, too.

Forget-Me-Not: This was also a great Peter and the guys episode. I liked that Brian and Peter were meant to be friends, although I didn't like how women were portrayed at the end

Mr. and Mrs. Stewie: Stewie and Penelope were a great duo! Even the subplot was decent.

You Can't Do That On TV, Peter: Peter was actually funny, and it was nice to see Meg considering the medical field for a career.

Leggo My Meggo: This was one of the few parodies I actually enjoyed. It was nice to see Stewie and Brian caring about her enough to fight for her back. Family Guy Viewer Mail #2: The third plot with Stewie is what made this worthwhile.

Internal Affairs: MUCH better than Foreign Affairs, and nice how Joe and Bonnie patched things up.

The Bad:

Lottery Fever: Boring, the plot has been done already, and not a good choice for a season opener.

Screams of Silence: I couldn't stand how weak of a woman Brenda was. And Jeff was too mean for me to even remotely tolerate. I didn't like the ending, either.

Thanksgiving: Although it had a few good jokes, it could have been much better if there wasn't so much serious talking. Grumpy Old Man: This was too boring.

The Blind Side: Yet another episode where Brian fails to keep a relationship with a human girl. And he treated her worse than he did Jillian.

Livin' On A Prayer: It was nice to see Stewie have a human friend, but it was just too preachy, like thundercat said.

Tom Tucker: Boring. Be Careful What You Fish For: I may liked this initially, but for some reason I don't now. Brian was appalling again.

Burning Down the Bayit: It had potential, but I'm not a fan of anti-semitic jokes.

Tea Peter: It started out so boring I've never even watched most of it, but judging from the reviews I'll assume I wouldn't have liked it.

So for the most part, Stewie and some small steps for Meg were what I enjoyed this season.

thundercat2000

[5]Aug 12, 2012

I agree with you on the ending of Forget Me Not. I didn't like how the women were treated at the end either.

FOP_fan17

[6]Aug 13, 2012
    • level: 22
    ^You have an account at damnyouall, right? Do you know whether the site is ever coming back or not? Freakin Sweet News has been shut down, so I can't ask the guy I usually ask there.

thundercat2000

[7]Aug 14, 2012

FOP_fan17 wrote:
    ^You have an account at damnyouall, right? Do you know whether the site is ever coming back or not? Freakin Sweet News has been shut down, so I can't ask the guy I usually ask there.
    They are waiting for a renewal. I have no idea if it will come back.

kcs_niagara_usa

[8]Nov 11, 2012
    • level: 8

From the sounds of it,

sounds like "Family Guy" is starting to have a

Post-FunnySimpsons-era....lol