Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Season 12 Discussion

What do you think about this season?

ayranci2

[1]May 21, 2014
    • level: 4

What are your opinions about the last season of Family Guy and It's episodes. Discuss here.

Okay, I can totally understand why people thinks season 12 is the worst season of Family Guy but to be honest, I liked this season. Sure It had bad episodes but I found some good as well. 7.5/10

My thoughts on all season 12 episodes:

Finders Keepers - Even though Peter anger me a few times in this episode, I found this episode funny and interesting actually. 8/10

Vestigial Peter - This episode is so boring, annoying and had bad jokes. 2/10

Quagmire's Quagmire - This episode is actually great. It was pretty funny and It was actually good to see Quagmire got his own medicine. Stewie/Brian subplot was funny as well. 10/10

A Fistful of Meg - I used to like this episode a little (yes, I did) but I watched this episode again and It wasn't good. I don't think It's a horrible episode because I laughed at a few times but I hated that the writers made Meg look like a monster and Meg dying 1 year after that day was horrible, also the final minutes of Peter/Brian subplot was uncomfortable to watch. 4/10

Boopa-dee Bappa-dee - I don't get why people hates this episode. Sure, It's similar to Stan of Arabia episode of American Dad but that doesn't mean It's bad. I actually laughed at a lot times in this episode and the characters didn't act like jerks. 10/10

Life of Brian - This is the most underrated episode ever. I guess I'm one of the few people who liked this episode. I agree that the way how Brian died was lame but actually this episode made me laugh couple of times and final moments between Brian and the Griffins was touching. By the way, Vinny isn't a bad character. 8.5/10

Into Harmony's Way- I hated the part when Peter and Quagmire kissed each other (I'm not against gay people but I had enough with these gay jokes in the show), I hated the ending as well and there weren't much humor in this episode but I found this episode interesting and the songs were catchy. 8/10

Christmas Guy - Not only this episode is funny, It actually had a heartwarming moments between Stewie and Vinny/Brian and Future Stewie. An improvement over the last two Christmas specials. 10/10

Peter Problems - Yes, The whale scene took two minutes and the plot was unoriginal but I laughed at couple of times in this episode. 7.5/10

Grimm Job - Not bad for a trilogy episode. All three stories were funny. I didn't like the ending when Meg hanged herself though. 8.5/10

Brian's a Bad Father - They brought Brian back like this? I hated it. Brian is once again a jerk and the subplot with Peter and Quagmire was terrible too. The Former Life of Brian wasn't a good episode too but at least It has a heart. 2.5/10

Mom's the Word - Actually I liked this episode. It was a good remake of the bad episode called Peter-assment. It actually made me laugh couple of times and Stewie's plot was actually interesting, even though he wanted to kill himself. 8.5/10

3 Acts of God - This episode is low on humor but I found the episode interesting actually. It's also good to see the old gang back. 8/10

Fresh Hair - From start to finish, this episode is terrible and horribly-written. Also It had more bad jokes than any Family Guy episodes. 0.5/10

Secondhalf Spoke - An improvement over Fresh Heir. I found this episode pretty funny, the subplot with Stewie and Chris was interesting and the ending cracked me up. 10/10

Herpe, the Love Sore - This episode is gross but okay, It had a few funny parts. It's a little grosser than A Fishtul of Meg. 6/10

The Most Interesting Man in the World - One of the best season 12 episodes. The most of the jokes were funny and I liked seeing Peter as a smart person. 10/10

Baby Got Back - This episode was racist, I admit but actually It was a little funny and the musical number in this episode was catchy. 7.5/10

Meg Stink - Excluding the title and the ending of this episode, this is the Family Guy episode that made me laugh a lot in recent years. I like seeing Peter and Meg bonding again and I liked Brian acting like a dog in a diffierent way. 11/10

He's Bla-ack! - This episode was great as I expected. It didn't go too far with the cancellation jokes, the plot didn't suck and It was pretty funny. 9/10

Chep Stewie - I had a few flaws with this episode. first of all, Stewie said he couldn't find any stuffs to build another time machine in Life of Brian, so how did he made another one? Second of all, It had a few Meg abuse jokes. Excluding these flaws, I liked this one a lot and the design of new time machine was a lot better than the old one. 9/10

Edited on 05/21/2014 7:51am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BladerPharmist

[2]May 21, 2014
    • level: 3

Here are my opinions:

Finders Keepers - Mediocre at best. At least Lois cared when Chris got smacked and the beginning was kinda funny so it's a 6/10

Vestigial Peter - What a miserable episode, Lois throwing cans at Peter and Chris, the plot being agonisingly boring and the lack of humour (Really Lois? GAYBO?!) lowers this to a 2/10

Quagmire's Quagmire - Not bad, I actually liked it because it was fun to see Quagmires experience as the 'sex hound victim' and the Brian and Stewie plot was good. It's a 9/10

A Fistful Of Meg - Brian and Peter plot was funny and the Meg plot...not so much. Which idiot writers thought it was a good idea to make Meg ACTUALLY gross?! Before she was just a girl who was described as ordinary but now they just take it too far and I don't like it. Meg is cool so why make her gross when she isn't and her friends rejecting her when she needed them the most...just awful. It gets a 3/10 only for the Brian and Peter plot.

Boopa-Dee Bappa-Dee - It's okay for the plot but just lacks humour and it's one of those jokes where Peter points them out before doing so making them unlaughable (Peter switching channels and if you have no idea what I mean then here is a good example. In the episode '12 and a Half Men' remember when Peter went "Do you mind if I STRUGGLE to open the blinds?"...HOW IS THAT FUNNY?! And he does this in Farmer Guy too and this episode he did it again) 5/10

Life of Brian - I thought the episode was good...I mean Brian died but at least his death was realistic and I'm SICK of people suggesting that Meg and Chris should die instead of Brian. Vinnie is actually a good character, he's nice, he helps Stewie when he's very upset etc. I give it a 9/10

Into Harmony's Way - Eh I can't say I liked this episode because whilst it had decent songs and some realistic moments, the jokes such as the one where Peter's family lies to him was a TERRIBLE joke, "I hate him so much" really Lois? Are you trying to be cool or something? (This happens to Meg and I don't even like it there) And it was quite boring to watch and the ending with a Peter and Quagmire kissing was horrible (I don't hate gays; I think it's fine but the fact is Peter and Quagmire AREN'T GAY) gives this a 4/10

Christmas Guy - Heartwarming, Vinnie was nice enough to help Stewie and Carter and Peter's wierd plot was quite funny. It's a 10/10.

Peters Problems - Not bad but not great either BUT OH MY GOD WATCHING PETER REMOVE A WHALE FOR TWO MINUTES, JUST HORRIBLE. Easily forgettable in my opinion but not horrible. 4.5/10.

Grimm Job - Nice to listen to tales but ONCE AGAIN they just take a dump on Meg because she doesn't serve the main role whilst the other five have, why? It's a 6/10

Brian's A Bad Father - I have no idea why everyone hates it so much I mean yeah Brian and Peter were jerks but it was nice to see Dylan back and to see Brian and Dylan end on a happy note. I will give it a 5.5/10

Mom's The Word - It's nice to see Peter was actually upset his mother died instead of just being like "Okay". The episode isn't the greatest but is worth a check out at the very least. A 6/10

3 Acts Of God - Apart from making Meg disappear, it's a funny episode and it's good they made God real (I'm not a Christian nor a believer, I just don't wan't Brian sticking his nose and then shoving his views down our throats)

Fresh Heir - A Chris episode? YES! THIS MUST BE GOOD...But wait Peter is using him for money? Ugh a 4/10

Secondhand Spoke - I'm glad Chris stops getting bullied after Stewie helps him but Peter smoking is painful to watch but not that bad. I'm giving it a 6.5/10

Herpe, The Love Sore - Brian and Stewie's plot was cool but the sub-plot? Just unfunny. Peter fought the Giant Chicken but can't fight those men? UGH a 4/10

The Most Interesting Man in the World - Whilst the episode isn't the best it was fun to see Brian get out smarted and Lois actually caring for Stewie instead of just herself. This episode would have been great but it just feels so empty so it goes to a 6/10 at best.

Baby's Got Black - Good episode, I'm glad it's another Chris episode considering there isn't much of those and the ending was nice too but the let down was that it was TOO racist but overall a 7/10.

Meg Stinks - Probably one of the best episodes in this season. Meg gets treated fairly and Brian acting like an animal is also a funny plot. I like how Peter actually DOESN'T hate her and it's just overall a heartwarming episode. 10/10

He's Bla-ack - Cleveland is back so it's already good and watching the clips from the previous episodes is pretty heartwarming in some bizzare way. A 9/10

Chap Stewie - Besides the Meg bashing and kids insulting (Meg and Chris name calling), the episode made up for it for being so interesting. Stewie calls them 'Lois and the Fatman' again, HURRAH! And the return of the time machine. I like how Stewie actually misses his family and it's adventurous plot gives this episode a 9.5/10

Edited on 05/21/2014 9:38am
    Edited 3 total times.

ilikekatyperry

[3]May 21, 2014
    • level: 9

My Ratings
    Finders Keepers: 6
    Vestigial Peter: 4
    Quagmire's Quagmire: 6
    A Fistful of Meg: 5
    Boopa-Dee Bappa-Dee: 7
    Life of Brian: 6
    Into Harmony's Way: 4
    Christmas Guy: 6
    Peter Problems: 4
    Grimm Job: 6
    Brian's a Bad Father: 3
    Mom's the Word: 6
    Three Acts of God: 6
    Fresh Heir: 5
    Secondhand Spoke: 6
    Herpe, the Love Sore: 4
    The Most Interesting Man in the World: 5
    Baby Got Black: 6
    Meg Stinks!: 8
    He's Bla-ack!: 6
    Chap Stewie: 8
    Overall: 5.5

Note that these ratings may have shifted from what I've posted on other boards.

Edited on 06/22/2014 6:33pm
    Edited 2 total times.

thundercat2000

[7]May 25, 2014
    • level: 17

Okay. Here is my review on this season:

The Good:

Meg Stinks: This is the best Meg episode since Dial Meg for Murder. I'm glad that Peter and Meg bonded and I want to see more that. It was cool to see Brian act like a real dog. To be honest, he was better at showing his wild side than Peter in that godawful episode last season. Now if Meg has more episodes like this, the show will better.

Christmas Guy: This is the second best Christmas episode since the classic a Freakin Sweet Christmas and Stewie saying goodbye to Vinnie and saving Brian was touching.

The most Interesting man in the world: Peter being smart was funny and I loved him putting Brian in his place.

He's Black: Welcome back Cleveland! Seeing the old gang back made worthwhile

Chap Stewie: Despite that horrible headbutt stewie gave Meg, it was good. Seeing Stewie being the dumb one with his new family made him realize how he missed his old family. Good to see the time machine again too.

Second Hand Spoke: Not a bad remake of Mr.Griffin goes to Washington. Glad to see Chris and Stewie bond.

Life of Brian: This was a very strong one. Brian saying goodbye and the arrival of Vinnie made it special.

The Bad:

Vestigial Peter: Not only was it boring but that little was so annoying I wanted to shoot him!

A Fistful of Meg: This made my blood boil!! Unfunny and gross! Making Meg a monster and killing herself a year later?!! WTF?! As for Brian. UGHH!! Not funny Seth!!

Peters' Problems: Stupid plot and Peter killing that whale

Boopa-Dee Bappa-Dee: American Dad did it better with Stan of Arabia

Brians' a bad Father: Brian and Peter were such A-holes. Peter got what he deserved at the end.

Moms' the Word: A bad remake of Brian wallows and swallows. The elderly were treated like garbage and Peter killing her at the end wasn't funny. Even if it was by accident still made it bad. A waste of talent for Lauren Bacall.

Fresh Heir: Pedophile jokes and incest jokes. That was it.

Herpes the Love Sore: Brian being a jerk and not telling Stewie he had herpes and actually showing.

Grimm Job: I hated the casting and Meg hanging herself. Lois as Cinderella? Come on Seth!! Stewie in drag twice? It's getting tiresome Seth. Meg acting evil to Lois was nice but not enough.

3 Acts of God: Peter making Meg vanished ruined this one and the plot was lame.

Baby Got Black: The most racist Family Guy episode ever.

Quagmires Quagmires: Just bad

Finders Keepers: Peter hurting everybody including Chris.

thundercat2000

[8]May 26, 2014
    • level: 17

I forgot In Harmonys' Way. It wasn't bad until when Peter and Quagmire kiss each other and Peter killed. I'm not homophobic but enough of the gay jokes. Peter and Quagmire aren't gay so why did they do that? Peter killing himself? Another WTF moment. It goes on my bad episode list.

BladerPharmist

[9]May 26, 2014
    • level: 3

thundercat2000 wrote:

Okay. Here is my review on this season:

The Good:

Meg Stinks: This is the best Meg episode since Dial Meg for Murder. I'm glad that Peter and Meg bonded and I want to see more that. It was cool to see Brian act like a real dog. To be honest, he was better at showing his wild side than Peter in that godawful episode last season. Now if Meg has more episodes like this, the show will better.

Christmas Guy: This is the second best Christmas episode since the classic a Freakin Sweet Christmas and Stewie saying goodbye to Vinnie and saving Brian was touching.

The most Interesting man in the world: Peter being smart was funny and I loved him putting Brian in his place.

He's Black: Welcome back Cleveland! Seeing the old gang back made worthwhile

Chap Stewie: Despite that horrible headbutt stewie gave Meg, it was good. Seeing Stewie being the dumb one with his new family made him realize how he missed his old family. Good to see the time machine again too.

Second Hand Spoke: Not a bad remake of Mr.Griffin goes to Washington. Glad to see Chris and Stewie bond.

Life of Brian: This was a very strong one. Brian saying goodbye and the arrival of Vinnie made it special.

The Bad:

Vestigial Peter: Not only was it boring but that little was so annoying I wanted to shoot him!

A Fistful of Meg: This made my blood boil!! Unfunny and gross! Making Meg a monster and killing herself a year later?!! WTF?! As for Brian. UGHH!! Not funny Seth!!

Peters' Problems: Stupid plot and Peter killing that whale

Boopa-Dee Bappa-Dee: American Dad did it better with Stan of Arabia

Brians' a bad Father: Brian and Peter were such A-holes. Peter got what he deserved at the end.

Moms' the Word: A bad remake of Brian wallows and swallows. The elderly were treated like garbage and Peter killing her at the end wasn't funny. Even if it was by accident still made it bad. A waste of talent for Lauren Bacall.

Fresh Heir: Pedophile jokes and incest jokes. That was it.

Herpes the Love Sore: Brian being a jerk and not telling Stewie he had herpes and actually showing.

Grimm Job: I hated the casting and Meg hanging herself. Lois as Cinderella? Come on Seth!! Stewie in drag twice? It's getting tiresome Seth. Meg acting evil to Lois was nice but not enough.

3 Acts of God: Peter making Meg vanished ruined this one and the plot was lame.

Quagmires Quagmires: Just bad

Finders Keepers: Peter hurting everybody including Chris.

I agree with most of your opinions, I think my least favourites of the season are Vestigial Peter, Meg Stinks and Into Harmonys Way (NOT because of Vinnie) which I can mostly understand why you diskike them, they were horrible episodes, THEY WERE 'CALL GIRL' STANDARDS!!! (Call Girl being my least favourite episode of ALL TIME)

iamnotanerd

[10]May 27, 2014
    • level: 9

Turban Cowboy would like a talk with you...

LDEJRuff

[11]Jun 12, 2014
    • level: 8

Hmmm, they're all okay.

Although "Life of Brian" is a sad episode, it did introduce one of my favorite characters of the show. Sorry there's not any official merchandise of him yet. The addition of "Into Harmony's Way" and "Christmas Guy" made up a complete saga.

Here's hoping that good old Vinny returns in Season 13, since his actor's been contracted to voice him in six episodes.

Edited on 06/12/2014 10:01pm