Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Should Season 12 be the last season

thephantom

[1]Aug 19, 2013
    • level: 4

Do you think Season 12 should be the end?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thundercat2000

[2]Aug 19, 2013
    • level: 17

Actually the show will come back for season 13. The reason is that there will be a crossover episode with Family Guy and The Simpsons.

gamescholar

[3]Sep 1, 2013
    • level: 2

At first, when I heard that a crossover episode involving the families of the top two Animation Domination shows would be made, I was very excited. However, with plans being revealed that a Griffin family member will die this upcoming season, and also that Brian and Chris apparently will not be involved in the Simpsons crossover episode, it has seriously dampened my mood for the series to continue beyond Season 13. In my opinion they should have already had a Simpsons crossover episode by now and the killing off of a family member should have occurred on the Season 9 premiere episode where they killed off several other characters including Diane Simmons and Muriel Goldmann. The killing off of a Griffin just seems like a desperate move to keep the show relevant and now I'm concerned the series will not end on a good note.

Hopefully with Seth MacFarlane already working on other projects and still having creative control over the series, he can finally convince Fox that Family Guy needs to conclude. If not with Season 13 then Season 14 (if the series has a fourteenth season). After all, Seth has stated he would have ended the series already and while the past two seasons have shown improvement over the lowly Season 9, the series still feels stretched out. I'm still hopeful that there will be good episodes for Season 12 with the new dog Vinny debuting and Cleveland coming back to the show. While I still like Family Guy, I don't want it to go on for as long as The Simpsons has been on. Now if the series moves over to cable like American Dad will after this season, I may change my opinion since the writers will not have to worry about as much content restrictions.

thephantom

[4]Sep 2, 2013
    • level: 4
    I think the fact that Seth would have ended it already contributes to its declining quality. Maybe he doesn't care about the quality anymore because he would've ended it already