Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Ted

Raccoon1459

[1]Jun 4, 2012
    • level: 22

A movie created by Seth MacFarlane. I can't wait to see this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fbo_pQvU7M

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FOP_fan17

[2]Jun 4, 2012
    I think it looks great. Now if only I had a friend who wanted to go see it with me.....

Raccoon1459

[3]Jun 19, 2012
    I thought this was going to be a children's movie at first. Turns out that wasn't the case.

thundercat2000

[4]Jul 2, 2012
    • level: 17

Well, it's here. Has anybody seen it? I have no interest in seeing it. The only thing that makes it differant from Seths' shows is that it doesn't have a family.

FOP_fan17

[5]Jul 2, 2012
    ^I'm going to see it on Wednesday. I will post a review of it afterwards.

My sister and a guy at a family gathering saw it, and they both LOVED it....and my sister doesn't watch much Family Guy, although I don't know if this guy does or not. Even my parents, who don't want Family Guy at all, find the previews funny. So if people who aren't very familiar with Seth's style find it humorous it might be better than you expect, thundercat.

drudager

[6]Jul 4, 2012
    • level: 13
    What I'm finding appalling in reviews is all the irresponsible parents who are dragging KIDS to this R-rated movie just because there's a teddy bear in it. Are people that stupid today? Apparently so.

FOP_fan17

[7]Jul 5, 2012
    ^OMGosh, are you serious?! WOW.......parents whine and complain about how everything needs to be rated for their precious snowflakes, but then they ignore the ratings anyway?! In a way, I honestly expected this but I didn't think THAT many parents would do it. Did they not see the R rating at all? I firmly believe that children under the age of 13 should be BANNED from R rated movies, whether their parents want to take them or not. When they start singing "Eff you thunder" in school, they needn't wonder whose fault it is.

I will now be going to see this on Monday, but will post a review afterwards if anyone who hasn't seen it wants to know how it was.

drudager

[8]Jul 5, 2012

One example I read in the paper:

Michael Phillips:

"Plenty of people took their preteen kids to a recent downtown Chicago preview screening of "Ted," which was great, just as it was great to hear one of those nervous and disoriented preteens screaming Ted's nickname for vagina over and over and over, all the way down Illinois Street."

Let me know if that link stops working.

FOP_fan17

[9]Jul 5, 2012
    Taking preteens isn't as bad as taking kids under the age of 10, which is the age group I originally thought you were referring to. Kids these days hear such bad stuff everywhere that they were probably familiar with most if not all of the dirty terminology beforehand. But preteens today are also quite impressionable and not raised to be mature, so they shouldn't have seen it. If I saw them in the theater and they weren't screaming in the street afterwards, I wouldn't care about them seeing the movie. But if there are immature kids when I go see it on Monday, it's going to be very hard to keep my mouth shut.....

drudager

[10]Jul 5, 2012
    I'd call anybody under 13 "a kid". Half the reason why I stopped going to movie theaters (the other half is price & usual disappointment) was too many damn kids & teenagers whom made too much noise, walking around during the whole thing, and this was over 10 years ago so I can only imagine it's gotten much, much worse with this generation.

I've heard too many stories from teachers I know of kids & teens today being disrespectful & profane in the classroom. Stuff I would have NEVER done. I have a sense you're going to be a "shusher" come Monday.

Raccoon1459

[11]Jul 6, 2012
    Bad parents sicken me! No wonder this generation is such a joke!

FOP_fan17

[12]Jul 10, 2012
    I saw "Ted" today, and it was great! Very Family Guy-esque, too. It provided a lot of laughs, but there was enough of seriousness and turmoil that you can take the plot seriously. I found my jaw dropping when the sad part happened. And I didn't have to shush anyone because besides me, there was only one father and his son (who definitely looked old enough to be in the theater) there. Although I think that's what kept us from laughing out loud....it was awkward having only three of us. It was still a great movie, and Alex Borstein was in it playing John's mom. I'm getting this as soon as it comes out on DVD.

Raccoon1459

[13]Jul 15, 2012
    Huh. I never expected a sad scene. How 'bout that?

Raccoon1459

[14]Jan 6, 2013
    Bump.

Well, now that the movie is out, what are your thoughts on it?