Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

The reason Peter "hate" Meg.

hardcorefakes

[81]Jul 17, 2010
    • level: 7

peter is total loser anywaz lol love when he gets his retardfat headin trouble

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

16ds

[82]Jul 20, 2010
    • level: 7
    I think Meg is really pretty my guess of course

thundercat2000

[83]Jul 21, 2010
    • level: 17

She is pretty.

TeamRamRod1

[84]Aug 24, 2010
    • level: 5
    thundercat2000 wrote:

She is pretty.

She's ugly and deserves everything that happens to her.

thundercat2000

[85]Aug 24, 2010
    • level: 17

TeamRamRod1 wrote:
    thundercat2000 wrote:

She is pretty.

She's ugly and deserves everything that happens to her.
    No she's not and doesn't deserve the hate she gets. Peter is the one who is fat and ugly and deserves to be hated.

Samuel2484

[87]Aug 30, 2010
    • level: 16

No offence but how old is this guy who posted this forum post coz none of his sentences make sence

ZoneHero

[88]Sep 1, 2010
    • level: 19

What made the writers think that an parent abusing their children, mentally, emotionally, and physically to begin with? And use it as a running gag?

I think the reason why Peter hates Meg (as well as his other two kids) is because since Meg was his first born, Peter had to take up responsibility of a grown-up to care of her, which being an immature kid that he is, hates and doesn't want to do, so he treat Meg like trash because that what he feels about her.

chimanruler15

[89]May 8, 2011
    • level: 3

bag2218 wrote:
    I don't care how many times it happens, I love how Peter treats Meg especially when he'll do something random like when he shot her when she walked into the living room. Meg's abuse never gets old.

That's sick of you, isn't it? Meg does not deserve to be hated by her father!

chimanruler15

[90]May 8, 2011
    • level: 3

SgtCashmere wrote:

Polantaris wrote:
    Honestly, the "she's not beautiful" thing isn't that true. She isn't ugly. I've seen uglier people (Both in the show and not) She's not hot either, but that's besides the point. Maybe it's just me.

Uh... Sorry, but she's only a cartoon! I don't think anybody should compare real, live people's appearances to a character's from 'Family Guy', lol!

But anyways, my opinion is that Meg's abuse is yet another vehicle for the writers to insert random, shocking activities. Remember when Peter and Stewie put Lois in the trunk, and drove her into the river? Shocking, yes. Horrifying in real life, yes. But it's COMPLETELY unexpected, and most times, the abuse that happens in this show is unwarranted. It's just a comedic device, and nothing more. Remember, people -- Meg is NOT. REAL. She doesn't have self-esteeem, or real feelings. She is nothing more than a drawing, some voice acting, and some story writing.

If you care that much about Meg's treatment on the show, try looking into volunteering at a REAL abuse shelter. Then, you will see that a cartoon is, seriously, nothing when compared to the real thing. It's that simple!

Excuse me (and the people on the forum)? I do comment on forums like these, but I go to church weekly and find that people every day are in need of help. Just because I am concerned about Meg's treatment on the show, it does NOT mean that I do not know or focus on the problems of abuse of every one else in the world. In case you have not noticed, this forum is a discussion about a cartoon, not about reality! I know that you are trying to say something that we probably might need to know, but this forum is only for comments about Peter hating Meg, not about Meg being an unreal character. I am getting tired of people like you doing this on forums. Just because Meg (or anything else) is a cartoon, it does not mean that we should not comment about her or her (or anyone else's) abuse on this show. We have freedom of speech! And, by the way, you just compared Meg's treatment from the show to the treatment of people being abused in reality, so do not hypocritically tell other people that they should not compare a cartoon character's appearance to real people's appearances. Try following your own advice, ok? If you do not have any COMPLETELY relevant comment about Peter hating Meg to put on this forum, then you should just get off this forum.

MadamStacey

[91]Dec 22, 2011
    • level: 2

He hates Meg because he thinks she's ugly, fat, and wasn't born a boy. Or maybe it's because he's a piss poor father.

ollibot284

[92]Jan 21, 2012
    • level: 9

Peter has been reckless in the past even though he's abused her He's shown some kindness towards her. I'm glad peter started to act like a parent again when quagmire hit on her.