Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

The show should REALLY cut back on some jokes....

ZoneHero

[1]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 19

Any one else think the whole "Mort is cheap because he is jewish" joke is getting old? It's the the same joke and punchline, only told slighty different...

I think they ruin the joke in "Tea Peter", they had Mort dye his hair to hide from the Neo-Nazi thugs who wanted to round up the Jewish Citizens... only to ask if there was a reward for turning them in... he was willing to turn in people of his faith for money from evil men knowing full well what would happen to them...

Remember how "Wish Upon Weinstein" kinda got the show canned when they were really making fun of how people saw jewish stereotypes in a light, non-90s stereotypical way? Then they keeping putting jokes like these, as well as others that shouldn't have been made, and they do it over and over again though we don't want them to?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Raccoon1459

[2]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 22
    They should cut out the political nonsense too. That's what killed Tea Peter. They focused too much on politics and not enough on comedy. It's really sad.

FOP_fan17

[3]Jun 21, 2012
    Cut out the politics, because they DO NOT pull them off....leave that to "American Dad!", which nails politics every time. Also can the Meg jokes too, because they don't seem different at all and feel like they happen every other episode.

drudager

[4]Jun 22, 2012
    • level: 13
    They're not going to cut the political jokes out. Family Guy has a VERY heavily left-leaning agenda. Everything from gay marriage, politics, guns, the environment, corporations, religion, drugs & legalizing pot. I knew it was inevitable because that's Hollywood & you just can't do a show like this without injecting politics into it.

American Dad mocks right-wing politics as well, tho they're more subtle & not so obvious at times with it but they do make Stan look very arrogant & foolish, which is partially why I don't like him so much (the other reason is he's boring). But they don't even try to be modest with it on Family Guy, which is why I enjoy AD more than FG.

ZoneHero

[5]Sep 28, 2012
    • level: 19
    drudager wrote:
    They're not going to cut the political jokes out. Family Guy has a VERY heavily left-leaning agenda. Everything from gay marriage, politics, guns, the environment, corporations, religion, drugs & legalizing pot. I knew it was inevitable because that's Hollywood & you just can't do a show like this without injecting politics into it.

American Dad mocks right-wing politics as well, tho they're more subtle & not so obvious at times with it but they do make Stan look very arrogant & foolish, which is partially why I don't like him so much (the other reason is he's boring). But they don't even try to be modest with it on Family Guy, which is why I enjoy AD more than FG.

Yeah, it like watching a Liberal take of South Park, but rather than just stay neutral and just make fun of the situation/character itself (did anyone really took Al Gore's depiction on ManBearPig "super ceral"?), Seth's shows picks a side.

FOP_fan17

[6]Sep 28, 2012
    ^I don't mind them picking a side. I usually agree with the side they've chosen. But on FG, they are too outspoken and rude with it - I can see why people get pissed off with what they see and hear. On AD, they are subtle enough that you can let jokes slide or even find them funny, despite any disagreement you may have with them. For example, I try not to acknowledge most of FG's religous jokes because I don't like them. But on American Dad, although they happen much less often, I let them slide because they don't happen all the time and aren't nearly as offensive. I can also forgive most of Roger's shortcomings and find him an endearing character, but I could NEVER be ok with Peter doing those things - because he doesn't have many likeable characteristics in the first place. If a show is going to be offensive, fine, but then it should have other substance to balance that - and FG doesn't.

ChipsTheButler

[7]Sep 30, 2012
    • level: 9
    Family Guy? Rude? My goodness!

IanHaze

[8]Oct 20, 2012
    • level: 6

Get back into the kitchen, and make me a sandwich woman.

FOP_fan17

[9]Oct 20, 2012
    ^I HOPE you were kidding with that.....

ChipsTheButler

[10]Oct 21, 2012
    • level: 9
    Nah, he doesn't have any women in his life because all women he meets hate him.