Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

This Quagmire hates Brian thing needs to end!

KurtPikachu2001

[1]Aug 27, 2014
    • level: 11

Quagmire and Brian should be friends. Quagmire has no reason to hate Brian. It seems like everytime Brian and Quagmire meet, Brian greets him and Quagmire brushes him off.

Brian innocently tries to make conversation with him and Quagmire always gives him the cold shoulder. Then Brian would see something Quagmire is doing and asks him a question about whatever it is, and Brian even misinterpets it and Quagmire yells at him.

Then Brian would tell a joke or make a statement, and Quagmire takes it too personally. This Quagmire hates Brian plot never should've happene
    d Quagmire is really the problem, not Brian.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thundercat2000

[2]Aug 28, 2014
    • level: 17

What Quagmire said to Brian in Jerome is the New Black was true. Brian just doesn't want to accept the truth about himself.

BladerPharmist

[3]Aug 28, 2014
    • level: 6

thundercat2000 wrote:

What Quagmire said to Brian in Jerome is the New Black was true. Brian just doesn't want to accept the truth about himself.

I am aware Quagmire bashes on Brian for hitting on 'his best friends wife' (Lois)...something Quagmire does to his best friend and NO he wasn't honest about that at all. He also bashes on Brian for not seeing his children even though Quagmire never sees his (I couldn't care less if he has unprotected sex just for his own needs, he still doesn't want to see his children. What his intentions are isn't important to me, he still does it so he is like Brian and if you say otherwise, your only deluding yourself)

Raccoon1459

[4]Aug 30, 2014
    • level: 22

When will Seth make an episode that doesn't upset people?

gamescholar

[5]Aug 30, 2014
    • level: 3

Raccoon1459 wrote:

Probably never for this or any of his series. It wouldn't be Family Guy without something offensive on it.

gamescholar

[6]Aug 30, 2014

I do agree that Quagmire's hatred of Brian needs to end do to a few reasons:

1. It only began when Cleveland left the show and was a lame attempt to add depth to some character relationships. Now that he's back its pointless to continue. That leads to the second point.

2. Both characters have unlikable traits that make them equal targets for criticism. In fact some of them are similar, such as the hypocritical parts of Quagmire's rant towards Brian (both lust over Lois and neither see their kids much if at all).

3. Both also have some positive traits that they share and an episode could be made to take advantage of it (they typically give more of a damn for Peter's kids than Peter and Lois do, for example).

Point is, the writers need to make an episode where Quagmire irons out his issues with Brian and Brian taking ownership of his flaws that led to Quagmire's views. Even then, however, Quagmire's character now is just as bad as Brian's (and for that matter Peter's and Lois'), if not worse. He's also one of the more hypocritical characters on the show, with Brian and Lois being the worst. By hating on Brian the way he does, he only makes himself look worse in the process. And even then, its not necessary as Brian does a good job of making an ass out of himself without needing Quagmire to call him out. Stewie does a great job at that already!

Raccoon1459

[7]Aug 31, 2014
    • level: 22
    gamescholar wrote:

Raccoon1459 wrote:

Probably never for this or any of his series. It wouldn't be Family Guy without something offensive on it.

True, but can't he see that people are less than amused with this Quagmire/Brian feud?

TheAngryBlackRhino

[8]Sep 29, 2014
    • level: 5

I absolutely agree! I bet this plot was made just to draw his "fans" attention, I bet you were really trying to make some "amazing" truth about a character just to draw your fans back, as this never happened before otherwise, this is a really stupid and pointless idea. It came out of nowhere and I know it's just a way to comment about Brian and beat the viewers to the chase. If anyone should stay away from anyone it's Quagmire.

stevebarnes56

[9]Sep 29, 2014

Seriously, this feud need to end, with Brian beating Quagmire. Plus, Seth will never make one episode that makes people happy. Never in Family Guy nor American Dad. He never listens to his fans. All he cares about is money and ratings.

TheAngryBlackRhino

[10]Sep 29, 2014
    • level: 5

Not to mention he only cares about churning his forced political views, particularly with Brian.

French_Paul_1988

[11]Nov 2, 2014
    • level: 7

Hi there, I'm new on here and this is my first message. I'm a big fan of Family Guy and while I used to love Brian and Quagmire, I find they turned into assholes those last seasons (still not as much as Lois who is just unbearable now though). I don't like the idea of the hatred between them as it makes no sense - they don't hang out together, don't work together, they're linked by Peter and that's it. Personally, I could do without this bullshit.

Anyway, I figured the end could be near as a viral campaign is going on about Quagmire dying (at least people seem to be campaigning for it): http://www.tv.com/shows/family-guy/community/post/what-if-glen-quagmire-dies-in-a-future-episode-of-family-guy-1401674715/

As the next FG episode (Brian the Closer) will center around Brian and Quagmire, I figure it could be a stunt pulled to attract viewers (who would want to see if/how Quagmire dies) or it could be a teaser and Quagmire WILL die. Of course, we all remember the fiasco of Brian's death (that could have been a decisive plot point, we could have had Stewie investigating to find out who did it... But no, it was just a stunt and old Brian returned a couple of episodes later) and we shouldn't hold our breaths. But I'd personally find it interesting if it did happen (even in some alternative reality or something).

Edited on 11/02/2014 12:03pm
    Edited 2 total times.

johnnevins3

[12]Nov 26, 2014
    • level: 1

the only way to end this war frenzy is Quagmire getting the ax, just like after what happen to brian in one episode which did not happen in present day because Stewie saved him in the Xmas episode.

robertotomba

[14]Dec 10, 2014
    • level: 1

There are some things that I see on the show where I think, "Seth McFarlane must think this is funny". For example, the fun-killing Conway Twitty bits. I'm glad I have the show on DVR so I can skip them. But, I have to watch the Quagmire-Brian scenes because something funny might happen.

Whether you think it's fair or not for Quagmire to rip into Brian for doing exactly what he does himself, the point is that it's just not funny.