Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Tonights episode will be a rerun due to recent events

Adv193

[1]Dec 16, 2012
    • level: 23

For those you don't know the full story yet, originally tonight the episode "Jesus, Mary and Joseph!" was to air for Family Guy but it has been replaced with a repeat of the episode Grumpy Old Men. Much like the episode "Seahorse Seashell Party" the episode will be postponed since it contains senstive material that Fox will not air due to the recent Connecticut Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings. Besides Family Guy, the same thing will happen to American Dad and their upcoming episode Minstrel Krampus being removed for the same reason and as such both shows will be the only ones tonight that will air reruns. As a tribute as well as respect I would say God bless those souls that died in this recent tragedy.

Edited on 12/16/2012 11:48am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LemmyKoopa

[2]Dec 16, 2012
    • level: 9
    I can see why they did it to Seahorse Seashell Party, but I don't see how these episodes relate to the shootings in any way. This is just BS.

slayme3

[3]Dec 17, 2012
    • level: 13

I agree I'm calling BS on this too. Unless there was some reference to a school shooting there is no reason to pull Family Guy just cause some conservative might - strike that will - get offended at *something* in the show. There seems to be no connection to the shooting at all. Not cool Fox - not cool at all. Now if they took their right wing propaganda network Foxnews off the air for a few days in tribute due to their constant sucking up to the pro-gun lobby - yeah that would be appropriate. Fox sucks.

Adv193

[4]Dec 17, 2012

Still makes me wonder one what part of the episode that was considered offensive to show. Could be just BS but there's no way of knowing until they actually air it though it still might turn out to be just BS after all.

quintex96

[5]Dec 18, 2012
    Adv193 wrote:

Still makes me wonder one what part of the episode that was considered offensive to show. Could be just BS but there's no way of knowing until they actually air it though it still might turn out to be just BS after all.

I think it's BS, FOX was just covering they're asses, sometimes they randomly do stuff like this, for example last year they inexplicably post-poned the Cleveland Show episode "A General Thanksgiving" until this year. If they're really were "insensitive scenes" they could've just edited them from the episode instead of post-poning them. I could understand post-poning the hurricane special, but this just dosen't make much sense. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long to see these episodes, they'll probably air in late January or February.

quintex96

[6]Dec 18, 2012
    OK here's an update, with some good and bad news. http://www.deadline.com/2012/12/update-pulled-family-guy-episode-to-air-on-sunday-american-dad-haven-on-hold/

The good news is the Family Guy episode will be airing this sunday, the bad news is the American Dad episode won't be since that one actually did have gun violence in it according to the article, so i'm guessing that will post-poned until next month like that episode of Haven was.

Adv193

[7]Dec 18, 2012

Good, at least with Family Guy it will be a one week delay. Also just so you know there is usually supposed to be no double posting, instead you can edit your first post instead with the update rather then create a separate post.

antdude

[8]Dec 21, 2012
    • level: 27
    Adv193 wrote:

Good, at least with Family Guy it will be a one week delay. Also just so you know there is usually supposed to be no double posting, instead you can edit your first post instead with the update rather then create a separate post.

New American Dad episode is being shown on the 23rd too.

Adv193

[9]Dec 21, 2012

antdude wrote:
    Adv193 wrote:

New American Dad episode is being shown on the 23rd too.

Though it will be a different episode.