Family Guy Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Viewer Mail #2; Internal Affairs episodes discussion

Raccoon1459

[1]May 20, 2012
    • level: 22

Has the wait for the new Viewer Mail episode been worth it?

Edited on 05/20/2012 6:54pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thundercat2000

[2]May 21, 2012
    • level: 17

Viewer mail #1 was much better. I didn't like the British version but the Robin William segment and Stewies' pov was funny.

FOP_fan17

[3]May 21, 2012
    "Internal Affairs," in my opinion, was better than last season's "Foreign Affairs." I feel sorry for Kevin, and thought the remark Bonnie made to him about his friends was rude. I actually liked the fight between Joe and Bonnie, the story of how they met, and how they were reunited. I've always liked them as a couple, and would have hated to see them break up. This episode's chicken fight was also the best one to me. It was cool to see them get sent back in time, get cloned, and then sent to outer space. While I still think "Family Guy Viewer Mail No. 1" was better, this one was much better than I thought it would be. The British one had some decent jokes, and I liked that Stewie was given a redneck accent. The Robin Williams one was interesting, and it was clever of Stewie to avoid being turned into him. But "Point of Stew" was the BEST stories of all, even better than all of the first viewer mail stories. The entire thing was priceless. Even Peter walking in on Stewie's bedtime drunk was funny. And I liked how they remembered that Stewie dreams while Peter and Lois having sex....that tree-cutting scene was hilarious. Stewie was the highlight of the night to me, in all three stories.

Endoplasmic888

[4]May 21, 2012
    • level: 7
    The whole funny part about the chicken fight is how it comes out of nowhere in the middle of a conversation then has the two of them fight, and then afterwards the conversation resumes as if nothing happened. That didn't happen in this episode, but I guess it was still good because the actual fight itself was really cool.

drudager

[5]May 21, 2012
    • level: 13
    thundercat2000 wrote:

Viewer mail #1 was much better. I didn't like the British version but the Robin William segment and Stewies' pov was funny.

The British version was much funnier than the awful Robin Williams one, which felt like a one-joke premise repeated ad nauseum & suffered from already previous repeated appearances on FG.

drudager

[6]May 21, 2012
    • level: 13
    FOP_fan17 wrote:
    The British one had some decent jokes, and I liked that Stewie was given a redneck accent.

The closed captions said it was a Texas accent, which would explain Brian being a horse.

ZoneHero

[7]May 21, 2012
    • level: 19
    These were good episodes. Though... as fun as Stewie's POV segment was, as it had him use a grappling hook gun to grab twinkies (THAT'S WHAT I MISS ABOUT STEWIE, using advance weaponry for something like getting snack cakes... and they finally have him doing it since the show's return [the screwing around in time doesn't count] in about a minute... in a non-canon episode... which was also the season finale... wow, the writers are jerk). I can't help but think the whole thing could have been better if ti was the POV of someone we DON'T know that well or has a weird outlook on life? Like maybe Chris or Peter; they're in their own world most of the time and it would be fun to see what they see and hear on a normal day.

As for Internal Affairs... yeah, the remarks about soldiers in the war wasn't funny, nor tasteful. It was as funny as the show's attempts to make rape and 9/11 funny. It's just not. It's just awkward social commentary. What were the writers thinking when they came up that scene? They already made their statements how the war is bad for soldiers today was made very clearly earlier in this season (as well as others), so please move forward. I may sound insensitive, but hasn't been said that all the social/political remarks and jokes made by Family Guy are not the writer's true opinions on them in reality?

jacktoo

[8]May 21, 2012
    • level: 20

The Family Guy Viewer Mail 2 was pretty good. The British Griffins were okay, and I really enjoyed the Robin Williams segment. It was so funny how Peter kept turning everyone (including his own family) into Robin Williams, and they wouldn't leave him alone. Stewie's POV episode was pretty hilarious too.

As for Internal Affairs, the chicken fight at the beginning of the episode was pretty funny. I enjoyed watching them fight their way across time (using Stewie's return pad). I felt sorry for Kevin, though. Bonnie's statement about his war buddies was rude, and I wish there could have been a little more of him in this episode. They could have shown how Kevin was affected by his parents' separation. For example, in the Simpsons episode when Milhouse's parents want a divorce, the whole family was included, including Milhouse. I enjoyed the story of how Joe and Bonnie first met, and them making up at the end.

Overall, pretty good episodes.

thundercat2000

[9]May 28, 2012

I also enjoyed the Bonnie and Joe story. We get to know more about them about what brought them together.

thundercat2000

[10]May 29, 2012

ZoneHero wrote:
    These were good episodes. Though... as fun as Stewie's POV segment was, as it had him use a grappling hook gun to grab twinkies (THAT'S WHAT I MISS ABOUT STEWIE, using advance weaponry for something like getting snack cakes... and they finally have him doing it since the show's return [the screwing around in time doesn't count] in about a minute... in a non-canon episode... which was also the season finale... wow, the writers are jerk). I can't help but think the whole thing could have been better if ti was the POV of someone we DON'T know that well or has a weird outlook on life? Like maybe Chris or Peter; they're in their own world most of the time and it would be fun to see what they see and hear on a normal day. As for Internal Affairs... yeah, the remarks about soldiers in the war wasn't funny, nor tasteful. It was as funny as the show's attempts to make rape and 9/11 funny. It's just not. It's just awkward social commentary. What were the writers thinking when they came up that scene? They already made their statements how the war is bad for soldiers today was made very clearly earlier in this season (as well as others), so please move forward. I may sound insensitive, but hasn't been said that all the social/political remarks and jokes made by Family Guy are not the writer's true opinions on them in reality?
    It would have been cool to see a POV from someone else. I agree on Chris should have had that.

ZoneHero

[11]Jun 1, 2012
    • level: 19
    thundercat2000 wrote:

I also enjoyed the Bonnie and Joe story. We get to know more about them about what brought them together.

Yeah, at a Striper's club... how Farlene....

bex753

[12]Jun 5, 2012
    • level: 8
    The British Family Guy was just bad, really bad
    The Robin Williams magic hands was much better but the Stewie POV was the icing on the cake

thundercat2000

[13]Jun 9, 2012

As much as I enjoyed the Robin Williams bit, who else would have been just as good? How about Jim Carrey or Kathy Griffin?

thundercat2000

[14]Jun 26, 2012

Looking back at it now, Viewer Mail 2 is better than the first one.

FOP_fan17

[15]Jun 28, 2012
    ^Eddie Murphy would have been good for the comedy bit. And I also think Viewer Mail No. 2 was better. The only thing I really liked about the first one was "SuperGriffins."

Raccoon1459

[16]Jun 30, 2012
    thundercat2000 wrote:

As much as I enjoyed the Robin Williams bit, who else would have been just as good? How about Jim Carrey or Kathy Griffin?

I'm an Adam Sandler fan myself. I think he would've been good.