Family Guy

Go, Stewie, Go!

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 14, 2010 on FOX

6.6
  • Absolutely horrible! I want my 30 minutes back!

2.5
    This was absolutely one of the worst episodes of Family Guy I have ever seen! The only things that saved me from giving this episode a 1 was everyone in the Family Guy universe coming to see Meg's boyfriend, and Carter pointing a gun at Meg while she was driving.

Now, let's get to some of the downfalls of this episode. Stewie getting Brian to put his hand on his penis was absolutely disgusting. The plot was repetitive, with the writers using something from Season 3, and Stewie dressing up as a girl and acting effeminate (if I spelled that correctly), which he did in "Boys Do Cry", which was all the way back in Season 5.

The B-plot with Peter, Lois, Meg, and her normal boyfriend was even worse. What Lois did to Meg's boyfriend was completely unforgivable. I know that Peter made her feel bad about her age, but that was no reason to cheat on him with her daughter's boyfriend. The old Lois from seasons 1-3 wouldn't even think twice about doing something like that. Lois has officially gone from a caring mother to a nasty woman, who gets thrills out of cheating on her own husband. And Meg ripping out her tooth was absolutely disgusting. Whoever thought of this plot should have been fired. If you want to save yourself 30 minutes of torture, you'd be better off avoiding this episode.

Final Grade: 2.5/10 (obviously an F).
  • good

what i liked- the ending with stewie saying he was a normal boy, who happens to be a tranvestite (and that transvestite was the "t" word of the day), lois making out with meg's boyfriend, peter and lois making up, amongst other things.

this was alright. really not one of my favorite episodes or anything. some of it was really weird (brian and stewie in the restaurant for instance, with brian thinking stewie as a girl), and also meg ripping out her tooth. the rest was fairly good though. C- or so seems about right for this episode

• Horrible

Stewie cross-dresses in order to star in the American version of Jolly Farm Review. Meanwhile, Peter makes Lois feel bad about her age.

When Brian tries to put Stewie's hand on his penis, that was just absolutely disturbing and disgusting.

1 out of 10 is my final score. F

• NOT a bunch of laughs from me in this episode but I thought it was well written so it deserved credit for that.

I thought that this was a superb episode of "Family Guy". It definitely wasn't the funniest episode I've ever seen but I really liked the stories in this episode so I'll give Seth MacFarlane credit for at least writing a well written episode. I didn't have a bunch of laughs in this episode. I only laughed three times and one chuckle along with it. The first funny scene was Cleveland's cameo appearance when he said "This was so worth driving 500 miles" because everyone in Quahog was shocked that Meg is going out with a normal guy. The second funny scene was when Stewie (who dressed up as a girl to be in a show) was watching his show and it was a Sesame Street reference. The third funny scene was the cutaway with Carter pointing his gun at Meg while she is driving and then Meg pointing Carter's gun at him (which makes her nervous). The one scene I chuckled at was the cameo appearance with Mayor West when he said "Hahaha, What?". There were no more laughs after that. I didn't like the Jesus cutaway... that was a cutaway that Seth MacFarlane could have taken out. Stewie dressing up as a girl wasn't funny but it was interesting to see and it was nice to see that he had a crush on the girl along the way. The only thing I didn't like was when Lois was making out with Meg's boyfriend. Come on, I know Peter didn't make her feel special in that episode but that was no reason to do that especially if it betrays her own daughter. Overall, I didn't get a whole bunch of laughs in this episode but it was overall superb. 9/10
  • Uninteresting and pointless.

I wasn't impressed with this episode. I didn't like either of the storylines.

The main plot with Stewie was quite mediocre. The plot was repetitive, and I didn't like the fact that they revisited an old theme from season three. It made the story feel unoriginal. The only joke that I liked was the fan mail sack gag, and even that was far-fetched. I was really bored throughout, and I was wondering, what was the point of this? I didn't enjoy this part of the episode.

The Peter and Lois story was even worse. I liked the idea of Meg having a "normal boyfriend", but the whole thing about Lois being attracted to him wrecked it. I was actually offended by some of the dialogue here, and I did not need to know that Bonnie had an affair. Nothing happened here.

All I have to left to say, is that this episode was painful to watch, and I expected better.
  • Absolutly Horrible

1.5
    This episode is about Stewie cross-dressing for the billionth time, and to me this signifies the true end of Family Guy. A whole plot for Stewie's cross-dressing fantasies is about as good as it was in "Boys do Cry." The only thing I liked about this whole episode was the references to Jolly Farm from season 3, but it was somewhat ruined by the inconsistiny that Stewie knew it was fake, and hated it because of that, and that took away from the fun of that. Brian was horrible here, as Stewie seduces him, and he lets him touch his wee-wee. You know a character's gone down the tubes when, he lets the first girl, who is Stewie, touch him. Desperate characters are usually the least intresting characters, and Brian has a become a prime example of this. The side-plot with Peter, Lois, Meg, and her normal boyfriend is abysmal enough for me to not even mention it. Overall, the worst episode along with "Boys do Cry." 1.5/10 F-
  • Another Megtastic episode.

This was a great episode. Meg has been getting her sex appeal on this season. First Jerome has sex with her than she dated an convect named Luke and now she had a hottie named Anthoney. When Lois fooled around with Anthoney Meg stood up for herself and told Lois off. You go girl. Stewie was funny when he dressed as a girl and fooled Brian into hitting on him. I guess Stewie is Biosexual? This episode also featured a refrence to Jolly Farm which I liked. Brian was funny at the end asking stewie if he could barrow his dress.
  • One of the better episodes of the season, but it's not great.

I actually thought this was one of the better episodes of the season, there were some legitimately funny jokes and bits during Stewie's plotline that I enjoyed, such as the fake argument that he has with himself and the joke about liking news with pictures in it. The cross dressing idea was pretty cliche, but it wasn't terrible. The second plot was much worse, it was ridiculously unfunny and pretty mean, the only funny part was when everyone in the Family Guy universe came to see Meg's normal boyfriend. Lois was terrible in this episode and Peter was just a jerk, even if he did it because he loved Lois so much, it wasn't funny at all. Overall it was a good episode, but definitely not great.
  • Nothing noteworthy of this episode, except how much the writers are not trying anymore and are even going as far to tell the audience that.

Okay, there is SO many things wrong with this episode. This falls to ground of being as bad as "Padre de Famila" and "FOX-y Lady." All the characters are out of place, the plot is just unbelievable, but this episode has pain of having scene that have BEEN done before and just exist just for the shake of being low brow, unlike the funny stuff from Duckman.

I mean, I like the idea that Meg is finally asserting herself and being treated more like a human by her family, let alone most the town, let alone asserting herself from being a punchbag (referring back to an episode I like, Dial "M" for Meg) But that's just a small gem of goodness in this episode.

Lois is becoming more and more of a Bee-Itchy Bimbo. I mean look at her. She constantly laughs at Brian's dates, for either being stupid (even though Julian was NEVER as dumb as Peter, let alone as being big jerk like him, so what right does she have to make of Brian's dates) or being too old, and she now is in the other position thanks to Peter just because she has gray hairs. Meg's boyfriend, whose name I don't even bother remembering because I know from the Ghetto that he is not going to reappear an more episodes, much like of the "newer" characters they're introducing to the show, like some of Chris's girlfriends or Peter's real dad. Of course, Lois just goes for Meg's boy, not ONCE considering how morally wrong for what she is doing to Meg, Peter, and the law considering the guy must be underage! And she doesn't just go to a bar or something to just try to hook up grown men, she just goes for the first teenager who compliments her! Are the writers even trying? And I'm starting to wonder why she still sticks with Peter at all. Sure, he apologizes for what he has done in this episode, but the man shows no responsibility in their relationship, leaving her at a drop at a hat (like getting inject with the "gay-gene" or having amnesia) and he really give a fig about his kids until something happens to make him do show (which much like the episode where he promises to treat Meg better, he forgets to do show ENTIRELY later on until she beats him up!)And the fact that she just instantly forgives him in "Stewie Alone" after he recites John Candy's speech from "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles."

And while we're on the subject of originality in the show, let's about Stewie's part in the episode. My God, they just cut and past together some of other episodes in here. They take the cross-dressing theme from "Boys Do Cry," the whole acting and show business from "From Method to Madness" and they just through in Jolly Happy Farm from "Road to Europe." The whole cross-dressing man begin attractive by a woman who thinks he is a woman has been done on SO many movies/tv shows there nothing special about. And I really hate Brian in this episode. He is SO desperate to get laid, he has the first woman (who is really Stewie) that walks up to him, and have her touch his naughty-bits within 5 minutes? The only thing that the writers of this show seem to actually TRY at is to be raunchy rather than being actually funny; oh, and actual WRITING!
    Also, couldn't Brian see through Stewie's disguise, he DOES have a acute sense of smell, let alone he seen Stewie in drag SO many time.
    Another thing about this episode is that it proves a theory of mine, the show no-longer follow it's own establish logic, it just does as it pleases with its own broken logic of telling jokes and story. Like they always are willing to say anything bad about religion, more of Christianity/Catholicism than anything else, as they always seem to portray Jesus as a douche! Why don't the show actually be daring and try to make something else, like, Muhammad or something, because, you know, it's been establish that you CAN'T make fun of him because it would offend people, but hey, that hasn't stop the show before with the people who worship Jesus now has it! Bottom line: The stories here are stupid, cliche, predictable, and just unbelievable to the regular viewing audience of the show. The jokes here are really not that funny or memorable as others in this show. Overall, their are minor things that make this episode good, but not enough to balance out what is bad about!

Note to the writers: Stop trying to out raunch all the other adult shows that are on FOX, TBS, and Adult Swim and just come up with laughable jokes and a solid story. Just do that, rather than telling us you're not trying and rubbing it in our faces like a bunch of SOBs
  • Another crossdressing episode

Well, at least it wasn't as bad as the Texas episode where Stewie crossdresses to enter the beauty pageant, but this is still not Family Guy quality yet.

I like when the show references the old days of Family Guy like they did here with Jolly Farm. These were the glory days of the show so reminiscing about them is never a bad thing. I hope that this is the beginning of another old trait of Family Guy with Meg being a normal teenager again. The stuff with everyone hating her and thinking she is disgusting has run its course and really needs to end.

This episode did not really have any memorable scenes, but as a whole was not too bad, just not as great as it could be.
  • Stewie cross-dresses (in the style of "Tootsie") for a role on a television show, while Lois has a fling with a younger man.

The main plotline of this episode revolves around Stewie auditioning for an Americanized version of "Jolly Farm Revue" (Stewie's favorite show from the third season episode "Road To Europe). When he discovers they only need females to audition, Stewie dons a wig, dress, and glasses (in the style of the 1982 Dustin Hoffman classic "Tootsie"). Stewie (going under the name Karina Smirnoff) gets the part, but soon finds himself attracted to his co-star Julie. He must then decide whether or not to reveal the truth (ending his acting career) in exchange for a shot with Julie.

The main plotline is actually far less interesting then the sub-plot, in which Lois (berated by Peter for getting older) develops a crush on Meg's new boyfriend (who is surprisingly good looking). Lois seduces him, only to be caught in the act by Meg, who threatens her to back off (showing that the girl from "Dial Meg For Murder" is NOT gone). Lois eventually reconciles things with Peter... much too quickly, in my opinion. There was a lot of potential in this story which was not explored. Overall, it was a great episode, which I assume the more conservative viewers will bash for all the incest jokes, but it was actually laugh-out-loud funny tonight.
PTV