Family Guy

Grumpy Old Man

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Dec 11, 2011 on FOX

6.1
  • Christmas Review #27

After Lois's father, Carter, falls asleep while driving, the Griffins realize he is getting close to retirement, and visit retirement communities in Florida. Although, it's not a Christmas episode but FOX promoted it as a Christmas episode so that's why I waited til' Christmas Eve or Christmas Day (I picked Christmas Day as you can clearly see) to review this episode. Man, let me just say that this episode is beyond underrated. Oh come on people, this episode wasn't terrible at all. Yeah, I understand that it could have been better but it's wasn't like the most god awful episode I've seen and not even close. This episode wasn't offensive except for the "9/11 cutaway with the man being happier than ever surviving that day" (which lowered my score a little because of that). My score was also a little low because I do agree that a few parts in this episode were getting a little boring. According to others, most of the parts in the episode were boring but not for me though. But yeah, "Family Guy" has much worse episodes than this one. The storyline is pretty decent but not the best though... it's watchable at least. The parts that did make me laugh were the albino part in the beginning of the episode, Brian tricking Stewie into thinking that it's lemon snow when it is actually pee (of course), Mayor West's appearance with the whole being a good parent by taking of an egg and the part when he asked for a doctor to take his egg to the hospital room when it broke was hilarious, Joe's Fiona Apple Tribute video (literally couldn't stop laughing at the part), the cutaway with Peter and Lois having phone sex, the cutaway with Carter being scared of ghosts and then Peter gets convinced that ghosts are real so they both go under the blanket, the bingo scene, and the very ending of the episode with Peter talking to his mom on the phone. Overall, despite a few parts getting a little boring and that offensive 9/11 cutaway, this was a superb episode of "Family Guy". 9/10