Family Guy

Halloween on Spooner Street

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 07, 2010 on FOX

• Great episode!

I've only seen a few episodes of this show, and I was never a huge fan of it, but I must say I liked this one a lot. It was hilarious and kept me laughing through most of it. Some of the jokes I thought were a bit racist, like the jokes about Japanese people that Peter and Quagmire made, but looking beyond that, this was a great episode! Most of the jokes were very funny to me such as Quagmire's reaction when he found out he was sleeping with Joe and the Pink Panther joke. I also liked Meg's plot, and hers and Chris's reactions when they discovered they were kissing each other were hilarious! Chris's final line was great too, and even some of the cutaways in this one were funny, like the one with that nerdy guy stealing Peter's paper and Peter being lost in the grocery store. The only thing about this episode that disappointed me a bit was that the Peter/Joe/Quagmire story line seemed to end a bit too abruptly for me. I also didn't like how those older kids just pushed Stewie down and stole his candy. Aside from those things, though, I was very pleased with this episode. Final grade:A-. Marebear2009, out!
  • One of the best!

Really, this one seems a LOT underrated for some reason. It was a great, very consistent episode with fresh and clever jokes - pink Brian, Mort hidden in his "shell", Quagmire's revenge, simply great. And just a few flashbacks which is always a plus for me.
    Even Meg has got a somewhat better role in this one - that is very nice, because the Meg jokes have become very flat, only showing over and over that everyone hates her. She having a few friends for a change was very refreshing.
    Yes, and the best comes last - the mosquito joke was HILARIOUS! :D
  • Brian the dog shows Stewie the ropes in trick or treating and Meg goes to her first Holloween party with high hopes of scoring.

This was a great episode. Brian proved once again that dog is mans best friend by taking Stewie trick or treating. Brian is a better parent that Lois and Peter put together. Chris coming down the stairs dressed as Bill Cosby was so funny. Brian looked so cute spray painted pink, and when the pink panther showed up and made his comment was when I lost it LOL. Meg looks like she lost weight and acually looked sexy as a slutty cat. When she made out with Chris in the closet with out knowing it until it was too late made the episode.
  • First good episode of the Season! (or the past 3 seasons for that matter)

Finally! An episode of family guy that had some laughs in it. A haloween episode that sees some great interaction between Peter, Quagmire and Joe. And I always enjoy seeing Lois go into protective mother mode.

I cant put my finger on exactly what made this episode good, and makes the rest of the season trash, but its their. And I hope it remains for the rest of the run. This episode managed to mix just enough of its gross out humour and its strong scripting to be entertaining. Have they finally got the formula back to make family guy great again, or was it a fluke? well, only time will tell. But at least this year won't go down as a complete dud in the family guy collection.
  • Hilarious Family Guy Halloween episode

I thought that this episode was hilarious in my opinion. It was probably the best episode of this season so far. I've only seen this episode once BUT I remember the scenes I was cracking up hard on. I thought it was funny when Stewie was shooting the trick or treaters because he thought monsters or zombies were taking over the world or something like that (none of them were killed by the way), it was funny when Quagmire found out he was sleeping with Joe, The Pink Panther joke was also hilarious, and when Meg and Chris were freaking out when they found out they were kissing each other was hilarious. Lois demanding more and more from the bully's mom was hilarious. The cutaways were also hilarious such when Peter ran into the mirror and fell down, Peter being lost in the grocery store, and when Mort tried to steal the newspaper from Peter. Overall, this was most hilarious episode of Family Guy I've ever seen this season. 10/10
  • Pink Panther: Hey first day being pink? Brian: Yeah. Pink Panther: Welcome to hell.

First Family Guy Halloween Special! Stewie plot: So it's his first halloween, and he has a duck costume. Okay so Brian helps him trick or treat and he had fun and earned a lot of candy, but a bunch of high schoolers take it all. Brian then tries to get it for him but the kids paint him pink. So then, Stewie tries using a bazooka, but fails again so he uses his last method - Lois. He has his candy back, 50 bucks and more.

Peter plot: So every year, one of the guys is chosen to be pranked by the other 2. This year, it's Quagmire. So he has eggs thrown.Then they try to infect him with a disease but fail. So Peter goes to africa and btrings qa bug that kills him. Later, at the airport, Quagmire is telling the guys how he has japanese ancestors and then they steal a military plane. They fly over Quahog, and then Qugamire's japanese blood tells him to use the plane es kamikaze, but at the last minute he says he pranked them.

Meg plot: So she goes to her first Halloween party as a slutty cat and while playing spin the bottle, she gets to hook up with a guy dressed as Transformer. Later, it turns out it was Chris.

Overall: Great Halloween special. Everyone had a part and the humor was there. 9/10.
  • Pretty funny episode

For me, Family Guy isn't one of those shows that necessarily gets worse or better with age. The show sticks to its usual format, its usual level of randomness, and even with the plots change, the humor doesn't necessarily waver much.

Tonight's episode was pretty funny, if only because it gave us a mix of the random scenes that makes the show more unique and the exaggerated type of scenes that makes me love it so much. The plots are mostly irrelevant; the entire episode focuses on how each family member deals with Halloween. My personal favorite is when Quagmire is pranked by Peter and Joe. The way the pranks start off normal and become gradually intense until Peter finally flies all the way to Senegal to infect Quagmire with a disease that's never been discovered.

The episode had its dull moments.. I could care less about Meg making out with her brother and I thought the show worked much better when focusing on Peter, Stewie and Brian.

Overall, not a bad episode of the show.
  • Very decent.

Halloween arrives on Spooner Street. Peter and Joe prepare a series of unpleasant Halloween pranks for unsuspecting family, friends, and neighbors. Stewie and Brian go trick or treating, and Meg attends a Halloween house party with high hopes for the evening.

Overall a funny episode, reccomend it to some fans of the show.

7.5/10

• C'mon guys this episode wasn't that bad.

This was actually pretty funny. Not bad at all. Not too gory, not disgusting. This episode actually made me chuckle. The whole Quagmire prank thing had to be in my opinion, a classic family guy scene. The whole meg and chris was hilarious even though it was pretty creepy. I believe pple here are giving this episode bad reviews, because stewie wasn't gay enough". Laughing at homosexual innuendo and needing it to make episode "good" makes you a bit of a homophobe. Yeah I know that too intense of comment, but I'm just saying that if that what makes an episode good to you. You should revaluate yourself.
  • Family guy finally gets a halloween episode

After 10 years of family guy airing they finally have a halloween special and I thought this episode would be like a horror episode with the bloody fight spooky stuff in this episode but they didn't and first Stewie learns about trick or treating and Brain goes with him and turns pink and Peter and Joe do pranks on Quagmire and the funnest scene is with a s@utty cat Meg is choosen to make out with a guy in closet and the guy is in a Optimus Prime costume and it was Chris making out with Meg LMAO that crazy
  • Good But Those a-holes who stole Stewie's Candy should've got their asses handed to them

I would've loved to seen those bullies get their asses kicked because they were real bastards to Brian and Stewie and deserved to be beaten to a bloody pulp but at least Lois takes care of the mother of the asshole kid. Liked everything about this episode except Brian and Stewie's plot and this is coming from someone who wishes he had been a girl in this life because girls are more forgiving than boys sadly.
  • One of the best in season nine!

This was actually a great episode i and think it has been stewie not understanding halloween Brian comes with him and gets sprayed pink and lots more good scences
  • Hilarious, best episode in a long time

I'm used to having a few giggles each episode and maybe one laugh if I'm lucky.
    In this episode I found several hilarious, laugh-out-loud moments:
    Quagmire's face bloating up after the mosquito-bite - and the whole leadup to that scene, the closet scene, Joe and Quag in bed, the supermarket scene, Lois with the bully's mother...

I usually do enjoy every episode of Family Guy but lately it's a mild enjoyment and I really hope this episode represents a change in pace for this show which could restore the interest of those of us who had become a little disillusioned with the show.
  • yes, a perfect score

brian and stewie go trick or treating, but a group of older kids steal stewie's candy, and spray paint brian pink. what will they do for payback?

peter and joe pull mean pranks on quagmire. will he get them back?

meg goes to a party and plays "7 mintues in heaven" with other people. but will she be able to handle who she's been kissing?

good episode, the only two things i disliked were lois in the scene where she takes care of the bully, and meg and chris in the closet. but the rest was really funny and it had an overall great plot, so A+
  • Simply brilliant!I really don't know why some people seem to hate this episode - in my opinion it was one of the best ever. Thouroughly deserving of a perfect score of 10.

I really don't know why some people seem to hate this episode - in my opinion it was one of the best ever. Thouroughly deserving of a perfect score of 10. The Chris/Meg storyline was shockingly sick, but also absolutely hilarious! I really didn't see that one coming and had to move between dry retching and rolling around laughing. Stewie's initial reaction to Halloween was a moment of pure genius. Then we had a pink Brian wanting to kill the bullies and helping Stewie exact his revenge - fantastic! Also, comment from the Pink Panther was quality. I loved every minute of this episode, from start to finish. Definitly one of my all time favourite episodes :)
  • Halloween episode

Oh, Meg, I hope you know by now not to enter the closet to make out as it is not going to end well. First a pig and now tonight her brother.

Tonight's episode was not terrible, as you certainly cannot go wrong with a show where Brian and Stewie are partnered together for a long time, but a lot of this was just a total miss. Joe and Peter pranking Quagmire for Halloween? Talk about desperately trying to fill time.

A couple of laughs here tonight, but defintiely not what I would call a significantly good episode of this show.