Family Guy

It Takes a Village Idiot, and I Married One

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 13, 2007 on FOX

7.7
  • Lois runs for mayor

Lois runs for mayor of Quahog, though she doesn't become the front-runner until she dumbs down her political views. Once in office, she becomes corrupted with the power that she now holds, and begins accepting bribes so that she can buy herself expensive things. Meanwhile, Peter comes to enjoy being the "first lady" of Quahog, and all of the perks that go along with it. Another episode where the season 4-present haters are bashing it. They need to knock it off. This episode has more under 6 rated reviews than the positives. Anyway, the plot might not the greatest since it was getting boring in the last act. Funny parts were the cutaways, the bee's appearance (both of them), Quagmire telling them a story, Peter singing a song, the lake taking off their hair (weird), Stewie entertaining everyone expect Peter, and a few more. Overall, a great episode of FG. 8.5/10
  • Poor

4.5

4.5/10

• i only saw the last half of the show i waqs on the pc but when peter said conway twitty i just turned around and finished watching the show any show with conway twitty on it has to be a good show.

I need help is this the show that had conway twitty on that was shown on sunday June 28? he sung the song (I See The Want To In Your Eyes) now if you see a show on the tv how do you know just what show it is if you are trying to find a certain show? one more question just how many shows did conway apper on i know of two first was bill and peter boguss jurney and second was peter's daughter but dont know what the show was call that was shown on june 28th 2009.
  • Season 5, Episode 17.

This episode was pretty decent. It had a similar storyline to The Simpsons Movie, even though it wasn't out yet. I loved Jason in this episode! And this episode stole from a joke that I heard! Although the person may have stolen it from this. Mayor West shoots two people and asks if anyone else heard about the re-election, and a guy says, "My wife did." This episode was pretty enjoyable. Not the best in the season or series, but still pretty damn good. Seth MacFarlane is a comic genius. I just didn't enjoy the episode as much because I saw the storyline before. But not a bad episode.
  • I loved it!

The Griffin family is vacationing at Quagmire's cabin. While there, the family goes swimming in Lake Quahog, but something in the water causes them to go almost completely bald. They see that the Quahog Oil Refinery is dumping toxic waste into the lake. After their hair grows back, Lois complains to Mayor Adam West, who admits that he sanctioned the dumping in exchange for free oil for his hair. Outraged, Lois decides to run against West in the upcoming mayoral election.

Peter and his friends, meanwhile, become the strongest supporters of Lois' campaign, realizing that they could get away with anything with their relations to Lois if she becomes mayor. As such, they do everything in their power to gain the town's support so she can win.
  • Ok not as good as last weeks.

Though clearly more intelligent than her opponent, Lois' campaign falters as Mayor West proves more politically savvy than she is-while Lois bores voters with detailed plans to improve the city, Mayor West uses glittering generalities, dropping controversial terms such as "Jesus" and "terrorists" in meaningless ways, and by answering questions about his policy plans only by saying "9/11." Realizing (through Brian) that it would be hopeless otherwise, Lois then drops the exact same generalities, eventually gaining the support of the populace.

After she wins the election, Lois uses fear tactics to raise funds for cleaning up the lake. Lois has cash remaining after the clean-up and embezzles $600 to purchase a new purse, much to Brian's chagrin, who scolds her for spending taxpayers' money in such a way. Later, at the Britches and Hoses store, she is tempted to buy a $4,300 fur coat. Bob Grossbeard, the president of the local oil company, offers to buy the coat if Lois allows him to dump his oil runoff in the lake, and Lois relucantly accepts. At the opening of the new runoff pipe, Lois resigns as her position corrupted her. Adam West arrives and takes back his positon as mayor, but a bystander says West doesn't have legal justification for him to do that. West pulls a gun and shoots the objector and asks if anyone else has a problem.
  • quiero ver el episodio

7.4
    no he visto este episodio pero me lo han recomendado mucho, asi es que lo quiero ver, pero primero tngo que llenar este apartado, pienso que padre de familia (amily guy
    ) es un programa con el cual nos pedemos olvidar un poco de lo que pasa dia con dia, viendo las estupideces con Petter y quagmire, entre otros personajes. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  • Vote Lois for Mayor of Quahog!

When the Griffins go on a vacation at Quagmire's summer hut, they explore the wilderness like campers. What's totally hilarious is that the Griffins lost their hair from the toxic waste in the lake. After they went back home, they wore the most ridiculous wwhite wigs. Lois feels as if there's too much corruption in Quahog, so she has decided to run for mayor and beat Adam West. It's quite strange why Adam West was the mayor in the first place. First, Brian tried to take him down. Now Lois wants to be mayor to make Quahog a better place, and she used the 9/11 tactic to gain the attention and votes from the people. She also tricked them to believe that the Legion of Doom is plotting to take over the world and requires a lot of money to stop them. What's even weirder is that the toxic water reversed Jake Tucker's face to look normal, but Jake thought he mutated into something hideous. So Lois quit her job as mayor, and Adam West shot four people who object to him.

I find this episode to be funny and interesting because I got to see Jake's face rightside-up. Even though we never get to see what happens when Peter was mayor, I think it was good. Peter did mentioned he will be running for mayor of Quahog from the episode when Meg was sold to Neil Goldman, but Peter didn't have the chance anyway.
  • One of the best. Too bad people are too mad on the show to see it's greatness.

One of the best. Too bad people are too mad on the show to see it's greatness. There were so many good jokes I laughed all the time. Loved the bee, Jason, Mayor west at the end (ROFL !) Chris in this episode was really funny ("(...)do the Damn laundry once in a while.", or the door to door scene) Quagmires wierdness (And followed by it- Joe's "HA!") to name a few- but people said this season "sucks" at its begining- and every episode is terrible for them.. see how funny it is people ! And defineatly better from some of the earlier ones- even those from the begining of the show ! Please- try to look at it with an fresh eye.
  • Didn't do it for me

This latest episode of Family Guy embodies many of the problems that have plagued this show for the past 2 seasons, weak plots that jump too quickly from one plot point to the next, jokes that you already heard so many times before, and gags that rely only on references without any sort of punch line or perspective. This week's episode features Lois running for mayor after she discovers that a local oil company has been dumping waste in the lake. What follows is a debate scene which poked fun at undecided voters, who according to Seth McFarlane(A.K.A. Brian) are big idiots who follow anyone who just spits out controversial topics. The message I got from this is that anyone who isn’t a fanatic political zealot like McFarlane should die. Lois wins the election but (too)quickly becomes corrupt and uses tax dollars and accepts a bribe to buy a purse and a fur coat(apparently she doesn’t get paid as mayor). She then sees that she’s too corrupt and steps down. The plot overall was underdeveloped. Scenes could have been used to showcase Lois doing some more mayorly things or developed the family's displeasure that Lois isn’t homemaking.

The jokes failed to get any sort of interest from me outside of the 'Amadeus' and Jason references, but my brain didn’t tell me 'that’s funny' but rather 'yes, I know that'. Recycled jokes such as Quagmire's couch and West shooting people aren’t funny because its been done before. I know comedy is doomed to be repeated but I can't think of an original joke FG has thought up in the past season. The 'Amadeus' gag was a flat reference, pretty much identical to what happened in the movie. Lois ad-libbing the situations that require taxpayer money(as in the Hitler Legion of Doom stuff) truly sounded like something a drugged up sixth grader would say for a laugh, but this is FG so that’s not exactly a stretch. Jokes about Jimmy Smitts and Donny Most(people that noone knew even existed) didn’t fair much better.

Family Guy sure went from good in early episodes this season to real crap, and this episode is no exception.
  • The show continues to decline.

This episode isn't as bad as some of the previous ones, but it still managed to be a waste of 21 minutes of my life. I actually found myself sitting and waiting for something to happen -- and it didn't. I chuckled thrice, but they were weak. As seems to be the pattern, the episodes seem to be getting shorter due to the lack of comedy. The first four seasons packed each episode with laugh after laugh, but now I just zone out until something funny happens.. next thing I know the episode is over and I feel very unsatisfied. If the series keeps this up, I don't predict making it past season 6, if we even get that season.
  • The best Family Guy yet.

I've never laughed as hard at Family Guy as I did when I watched this episode. Most noticeably, there was a lot of Adam West, who is funny no matter what he does. Also, I loved the scene with Lois taking Brian for a ride. I love it when Brian acts like a dog, and that was some of the best Brian dogginess I've seen. It is obvious that Family Guy is a funnier and therefore better show than it has ever been before.
  • Lois For Mayor!

After taking a din into a lake full of crap, Lois vovs to run for mayor and she won. this 30 minute epiosde tells of the rise and fall of Lois from housewife to mayor to just plain housewife again. if I live where Lois lives, I would love to vote for her. She strong and she has talent. but in the end, she ewalk away saying she had to much power and couldn't deal with it. but at least she was mayor. She stood there and ran the town much better than the current Mayor Adam West. Losi is not only one of my favorite characters, she is the most sexiest.
  • We have intelligence that suggests that... Hitler is plotting... with, with the Legion of Doom... to assassinate Jesus.

This episode reminded me a lot of running mates, which isn't one of my favourite season 2 episodes but was ten times better than this one. The problem with season 5 is, while 4 was awful and wasn't funny, season 5 has taken it to the next level and none of the episodes are really memorable and meld together.

This episode had a lot of filler like that minute long, unfunny Danny Most sequence and Peter on cocaine, and while there were a few moments in the episode that were funny like the first Friday the 13th reference in the lake and Peter's t-shirt, but most of this episode was garbage like the unimaginative 9-11 answers and Brian acting way too much like a dog in the car. Even Adam West wasn't his usual funny self and to make it worse Herbert makes yet another appearance!

Overall, this episode is like much of season 5, quite bland with few shining moments.
  • I present you an episode that doesn't rock or suck.

When I saw this episode, I thought that this was going to be the best episode that I wanted to see. I did told myself and some of you that if Herbert appears in the next new episode, the grade goes even lower. Believe it or not, it didn't. It went up because of the return of the evil monkey that lives in Chris's closet. I really like him because he looks adorable and he is very funny. Also, if Lois didn't quit her job, this would have been the last of Mayor West and I won't have to see his ugly face anymore. But still, it wasn't too good or too bad.
  • This show is starting to consistently perform at this level all the time...

5.9
    Yet again Family Guy produces a sub-par episodes. For a show I once loved, it is seriously on my last nerve. Bad episode after bad episode. Where are the days of Da Boom and To Live and Die in Dixie, that actually had a prominent storyline instead of beind dominated by crappy flashbacks. The highlights of the episode (and there were few) were probably the guy getting his wife shot at the end, Brian in the car and the guy from Happy Days to a certain extent. I am willing to get the season another chance, but it will be hard for me to think of the show in the same sense next season.
  • Funny, Funny, Bush joke, dead. If I wanted political satire I'd watch another show, if I want "the funny' I watch family guy, just not this episode.

4.5
    This episode started out really well done, the family takes a random trip, there's a couple jokes about quagmire, a couple jokes about brokeback mountain and sodomy and the random hilarity that cartoons always seem to have. Then the story starts, there is polluted water and Lois is angry, and goes and yells at Mayor west, (a story I remember from other cartoons, but yet it's funny as hell) there's great scenes again. Up until we get to the part where Lois runs for mayor and we get into what turns out to be a 5 minute parody of the united states president. There's a couple good jokes like saying "9/11 is bad" at a presidential debate. But then they proceed to tell that joke in 5-6 different ways as insults towards undecided voters. Of course following it with mud throwing at the president in multiple ways. It's kinda funny at times but the biggest problem is Family Guy is a funny show, it's excelled at never focusing on one topic too long or making humorous caricatures, such as the recent Clinton episode, or when Star Trek's William Shatner was shown. But in the most recent episode it seemed that the entire purpose was to rile up those who hated the current administration in a way that was funny for the first 30 seconds and tired for the next 5 minutes and it just falls apart.

I'll reiterate the summary, if I wanted political satire I'd watch another show, if I want "the funny' I watch family guy, just not this episode.