Family Guy

Jerome is the New Black

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 22, 2009 on FOX

6.6
  • Jerome is the new Cleveland...

4.8
    I am a fairly neutral and open minded person. So I am not actually offended by racist humor and references to an anatomically well endowed black male. The reason I am not enthused by this episode lies in the fact that it is actually not funny. Lets piece together some key events. One British gentleman's club - oh my effing god, the two minute period for which that gig was on seemed like 2 decades. Seth and Co. should learn when to cut their jokes. Two -Jerome saving Lois from her choke attack. Yeah, that was kind of funny, but again they went a little to far with it. Three - Quagmire's rant. Lately, Quagmire is not like the old Quagmire. His storylines are getting far too normal, and he now looks like an average Joe rather than a sex crazed pervert. So what was funny about him? Was it his rant on how Brian is such a douche? Or was it his sister who has a abusive husband or his deaf brother? Honestly, if the writers think Quagmire's breathless rant, using Catcher in the Rye references are actually funny, they should seriously go back to writing school.

Bad bad episode.