Family Guy

Jungle Love

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Sep 25, 2005 on FOX

Episode Fan Reviews page 2 of 2

• It was good while it lasted.

In loving memory of Family Guy, a popular animation which in its prime combined humourous characterisation with unforeseen punchlines, and which mixed cultural iconoclasm with subtle observations about behaviour and life.

It recently, from the beginning of the fourth season, succumbed to a sudden bout of self-referential over-use of its best jokes, and became deluded that outlandish and disjointed plots on their own provided the greater laugh than the scathing insights and intertextuality of its golden days. As the invalid grew weaker, it sadly had to jettison its already small body of secondary characters in favour of concentrating, to a claustrophobic degree, on its main organs of the Griffin family.

As a committed fan of Family Guy, I shall remember the good times.

• Still Keeps me laughing

I only have to say one thing, Deadwood. Once again they hit on all the funny points that are needed. Peter having to get a job is still a big issue. I loved the jobs that Peter had. Especially his eye job, that was hilarious.

Meg Died in this episode too? I wonder what that is about. This isn't southpark so I don't know what they are going to do.
  • Freshman Chris gets scared away from school and joins the Peace Corp ( idea provided by Brian)..Ends up in South American Indian Village and family flies down to bring him home.

The Stewie/Will Farrell gag was brilliant.Loved the scene where Peter paid the natives to act out the "The Contest" episode of Seinfeld.High Priestess: "You Can't spare one square?" The "Lou Gehrig" scene was in such poor taste but still very funny.I have only been a serious fan since last year but thought this was the best episode of the current batch. The writers really raised the bar with this one!
  • This one had me laughing quite a bit.

Well, I see they are contiuing with the we hate Meg theme. It seems that recent forum posts about how Meg is the less favorite is making it's way into the show.

The family was always mean to Meg but now they seem to be going out of the way to do so. I for one find it humorous. As long as they do not overdo it. Right now it seems borderline pushing it.

They used a good handful of characters from the town so that's good. Mayor Adam West going nuts on paddling Chris is classic :)

Not one of their best episodes but still one I would not mind watching again.
  • Getting better all the time.

I simply love the direction this shows seems to be heading. You can see Seth MacFarlane is getting more and more confident about what he does, and more and more willing to push the limits. The flashback of Stewie going to LA, which last for a whooping 1:15 without a single word is one of the funniest things to happen on the show so far. The risk of something like this being misunderstood or simply not funny enough is immense but, as always, the show succeeds.
    Many people seem to miss the point of the jokes getting longer and more absurd at the cost of the plot, but for me it's really what this show should be like. I just hope Seth will bend to noone and will continue to push the show along this path.
  • It was Ok, but let's not proclaim it one of the best ever, please

I think this episode is firmly in the middle. On one hand, Chris is in high school now, which should make for some interesting events later, and there were a few funny parts. On the other hand, some of the jokes were formulaic and the plot got weird halfway through. They relied heavily on the "Like the time I..." flashbacks, and had TWO trademark drawn out segments that go on forever for no reason, but the problem is that one of them was highly predictable and not funny. At least they kept Quagmire and the Meg bashing to a minimum (although they got a few in anyways, at least a couple each week, it's getting old). Chris got some nice air time, which is good. I wish Peter's work at the brewery had more time.

It certainly was not one of the funniest episodes ever, but it wasn't the worst, either. Just in the middle.
  • Good episode

I thought that this episode was hilarious. I always love the family guy flashbacks and pop references and this was yet another episode that was loaded with them. Like always all of the Stewie skits were so funny. Especially when he punched Will Ferral for not being funny! It was classic!
  • Funny Episode. Why does everyone hate it?

This episode was funny, as have the other two of this season. My only gripe with this episode was that the caveman thing, while funny, drew on a little long. And yes, sometimes that's funny. But it didn't really help it there. Same went with the Stewie hits Will Ferrel thing. However I still enjoyed the episode. I love seeing the Evil Monkey return but this time he was sad. I also am pleased that apparently Peter's going to be working at the brewery instead of being a fisherman. Changing his job keeps things interesting. All in all this was a good episode like they all are.

But, for all those who disliked it such as PerfectDark0Fan... why didn't you like it? Why was it subpar? You claim it was but then you don't back it.
  • This show really is getting lame. The Simpsons is still better than this.

A lot of people have ranted about how cheap the humor of Family Guy is getting, and I'm starting to feel the same way myself. The Simpsons didn't rely on the lame gags that I'm seeing more and more of in this show (e.g. "Sandy's eye," speaking of which it would be funnier if she and other joke-characters only appeared once in a given episode instead of twice). That flashback with the prehistoric couple would've been funnier had it been *much* shorter, as would the "Four Peters" flashback in Model Misbehavior. By the way, can someone tell me why the whole family has such a beef with Meg? Her schoolmates, I can understand, but she was treated better by her family during the earlier seasons than she is nowadays.
  • Just your usual Family Guy episode.

Although this episode isn\'t quite as funny as some of the better Family Guy episodes, it still definitly had it\'s great moments. A little heavy on the references, but all references made were clever and well timed. Stewie\'s revenge on Will Farell over the Bewitched movie is especially funny.

This episode wasn\'t quite as (humerously) offensive as some this season, and really had only one truly offensive moment, where Lou Gehrig is made fun of. At least they didn\'t spend most of their making fun of Meg, which is a nice change from the other episodes of this season.

Family Guy will always be funny, and regardless of any flaws, this episode is still amusing to watch.
  • Where are the great episodes.

6.3
    Seth I want better Family Guy episodes. This just isn't as great is what the show used to be and I keep giving the show a chance and I keep getting disapointed. This episode is far then just fair. Fox had better shows on last night both new and repeat of The Simpsons where better then Family Guy I also like Anerican Dad's episode better too.
  • I thought the episode was hilarious

Maybe I just have a different sense of humor than most, but I don't think this episode could've been funnier.

Peter loses his pants on more than one occasion. "Hey Lois, we're out of toilet paper" while his naked body sits on one of Meg's friends (she has friends?).

Stewie as the effeminate high school kid with all the female friends. LOL, wine coolers.

Chris singing and dancing, while quite disturbing was funny in its own right.

• can't agree with anyone else on this one.

Everyone that has reviewed this show either hated it or loved it. I have to say I am in the middle on this one. No it was not the best episode ever but not the worst either. There were a couple really funny parts, yet kinda boring parts on the other hand. This episode doesn't deserve a 5 or a 10, I think 7 is perfect score.
  • Not the best episode, not the worst episode.

While still pretty funny, this was certainly not the best episode of Family Guy. However, even with the somewhat mediocre humor, the animation quality seems to be getting better and better with each episode of the new season. Kudos to the production team for the fantastic quality of the show's animation.
  • Not the best Family Guy

I've definitely seen a lot better. This episode had its moments but nothing that really stood out for me. Some of the flashbacks were funny but I also think they overdid them a bit. To me the two best parts were when Peter drives up to his house and orders fast food like he's at a drive thru and the allusion to Indiana Jones at the end of the show. This was not a terrible episode but I'm hoping for better. I also hope that sleazy old man comes back again soon. He's one of my favorite people on the show.
  • I love Family Guy, but this episode has to be one of the worst ever.

I love Family Guy, but this episode has to be one of the worst ever. The premise stunk and practically every other scene was a flashback. None of which were even that funny. The whole episode felt like a collaboration of leftover flashbacks that did not make it into previous episodes.
  • One of the best Family Guys

Arguably the greatest or second greatest Family Guy ever written. Excellent. An instant classic. All of the reasons why I watch the show. Family Guy is at its best when it does a Chris episode. This is episode was as good as "To Love and Die in Dixie". When I talk about Family Guy, this is what I am talking about.
  • I was proud to be a viewer of this.

Classic 'Family Guy' is back. Nothing huge to the plot, like Brian marrying Lois or Cleveland and his wife divorcing made this show perfect. The jokes were plentiful and the episode was plainly hilarious. Finally, Chris is in high school, and the jokes can only get better and better. :) 10/10
1 2 >