Family Guy

Jungle Love

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Sep 25, 2005 on FOX

• Radical

Decent
  • NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY!

Of all the episodes I've seen so far (I haven't seen all that many, maybe eight or nine), this is the funniest. Adam West, why are you acting like an idiot? Well, no matter the reason, keep being one; it's funny.
    I loved the Seinfeld joke.

The pollution joke was funny as well. We do try to make them more advanced...more, ... polluted. Well, anyway, a great episode all around. Chris, man, this has got to be his best episode. Just one tiny problem with the episode. In the car scene right before Chris goes to school, Stewie's talk about Howard Stern got me a little riled. But Adam was funny. Keep it dude.
  • Best ending ever

Best ending ever!!!!!!
    I love to see a character die in such a great way at the end and the suspense of the next episode. She just drops dead that’s so genius! The story is also ok, and it's a classic family guy humor. To keep you in suspense I won’t say who dies.
  • Freshman Chris gets scared away from school and joins the Peace Corp ( idea provided by Brian)..Ends up in South American Indian Village and family flies down to bring him home.

The Stewie/Will Farrell gag was brilliant.Loved the scene where Peter paid the natives to act out the "The Contest" episode of Seinfeld.High Priestess: "You Can't spare one square?" The "Lou Gehrig" scene was in such poor taste but still very funny.I have only been a serious fan since last year but thought this was the best episode of the current batch. The writers really raised the bar with this one!
  • Getting better all the time.

I simply love the direction this shows seems to be heading. You can see Seth MacFarlane is getting more and more confident about what he does, and more and more willing to push the limits. The flashback of Stewie going to LA, which last for a whooping 1:15 without a single word is one of the funniest things to happen on the show so far. The risk of something like this being misunderstood or simply not funny enough is immense but, as always, the show succeeds.
    Many people seem to miss the point of the jokes getting longer and more absurd at the cost of the plot, but for me it's really what this show should be like. I just hope Seth will bend to noone and will continue to push the show along this path.
  • One of the best Family Guys

Arguably the greatest or second greatest Family Guy ever written. Excellent. An instant classic. All of the reasons why I watch the show. Family Guy is at its best when it does a Chris episode. This is episode was as good as "To Love and Die in Dixie". When I talk about Family Guy, this is what I am talking about.
  • I was proud to be a viewer of this.

Classic 'Family Guy' is back. Nothing huge to the plot, like Brian marrying Lois or Cleveland and his wife divorcing made this show perfect. The jokes were plentiful and the episode was plainly hilarious. Finally, Chris is in high school, and the jokes can only get better and better. :) 10/10
  • Why am I the only person who loves this episode?

Chris is now a freshman at high school, and on his first day is paddled by the other students and Adam West. He doesn't want to go back so he joins the Peace Corps and runs away to South America, where he marries a 11 year old girl. When Lois hears about this, she and the rest of the family fly to take Chris back, where Peter realises he can live like a king on $37. When Chris tells him that he's abusing the villagers to escape his own problems at the new job at the brewery, Lois reveals to Chris he is doing the same thing. When Chris realises that and apologises to the girl, saying he is a freshman, the whole tribe starts chasing them. Peter, Lois, Chris and Stewie escape on a plane but they forget Meg and she dies, but returns.
    Chris (who is my favourite character after Quagmire) was well developed in this episode, and, contrary to popular opinion, I loved his rendition of Wake Me Up Before You Go Go, which (while it was before my time) is a camp and sleepover classic).
  • The ending alone makes the episode worth watching.

This episode was freaking awesome! Can't wait for the DVD. I just bought the movie. I'm in a Family Guy mood. This episode just blew me away! The story is about Chris who, after being beaten at school, joins the peace corps and goes to South America where he marries a tribe princess. First of all, the plot is okay, but it's Family Guy! They can make anything hilarious. The funniest parts were easily :

- THE ENDING!
    - The "Bewitched" reference.
    - Chris singing at his wedding ceremony.
    - Peter treating Meg like a dog
    - Re-enactment of "The Contest" at the tribe, especially the theme song.

Watch this episode!
  • I’m going to teach you the lesson that it is not okay to be a freshman!

This episode is the best season four episode since Petarded, with both Chris’ and Peter’s plots being brilliant, with great scenes such as Peter getting drunk in the five seconds it took for his supervisor to go through the door twice and the tribe singing Jitterbug.

Brian inadvertently convincing Chris to join the Peace Corps so he isn’t picked on as a freshman was a classic scene as was the tribe’s reaction upon hearing that Chris was a freshman back home.

Overall, this episode is great from Peter’s seriousness regarding Paul Reiser’s stand-up to the alternative music at the end and is one of the funniest Chris plots of season four.
  • evily monkey

it was sad when the evil monkey cried when they got the letter saying that chris wasnt coming home ever the monkey is the deepest charcter because his wife cheated on him and the caused him to be evil and miss understud and him using the mariujuna in that one episode was just to cope with the emothions
  • I thought the episode was hilarious

Maybe I just have a different sense of humor than most, but I don't think this episode could've been funnier.

Peter loses his pants on more than one occasion. "Hey Lois, we're out of toilet paper" while his naked body sits on one of Meg's friends (she has friends?).

Stewie as the effeminate high school kid with all the female friends. LOL, wine coolers.

Chris singing and dancing, while quite disturbing was funny in its own right.

• superb

what i liked- the scenes of chris being bullied because he is a freshman, the ending of the episode when the people turn on chris and the griffins and 'kill' meg, "Why do you close your eyes when we make love?!", the monkey crying when he finds out chris is not coming back, everyone on the phone, and then when meg comes on the phone, everyone hangs up, amongst other things.

pretty good episode. not the best family guy ever, but it definitely is an enjoyable way to spend a half hour of your time. final grade is going to be in the B range.

• After some lame episodes, Family Guy is back. Great episode!

I really did not think too much of the two recent episodes, so I was a bit concerned about the quality of upcoming shows.

In my opinion, Family Guy has returned to its previous greatness. The jokes were there, the flashback sequences were superb. The only negative was that I thought the Lou Gehrig sequence was cruel (even for FG).

I can't wait for the next episode (and the Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story DVD).
  • A good episode overall.

Jungle Love is one of the better 'New' episodes. The flashbacks were mildly funny, and it actually had a plot. The crude humor was kept at a minimum, and there were some actually hysterically funny scenes (such as the tribe doing the 'Contest' episode of Seinfield, and Stewie's flashback to when he saw the movie Bewitched) There were small things that could have been changed to make the show funnier, but I liked it nonetheless.
  • Chris starts a new life in South America.

The full lyrics to Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go:

Jitterbug [4X]

You put the boom-boom into my heart
    You send my soul sky high when your lovin' starts
    Jitterbug into my brain
    Goes a bang-bang-bang 'til my feet do the same
    But something's bugging you
    Something ain't right
    My best friend told me what you did last night
    Left me sleepin' in my bed
    I was dreaming, but I should have been with you instead.

'Cause I'm not plannin' on going solo
    Take me dancing tonight
    I wanna hit that high (yeah, yeah)

You take the grey skies out of my way
    You make the sun shine brighter than Doris Day
    Turned a bright spark into a flame
    My beats per minute never been the same

'Cause you're my lady, I'm your fool
    It makes me crazy when you act so cruel
    Come on, baby, let's not fight
    We'll go dancing, everything will be all right

Wake me up before you go-go
    'Cause I'm not plannin'' on going solo
    Take me dancing tonight
    I wanna hit that high (yeah, yeah, baby)

(Jitterbug)

Cuddle up, baby, move in tight
    We'll go dancing tomorrow night
    It's cold out there, but it's warm in bed
    They can dance, we'll stay home instead

'Cause I'm not plannin' on going solo
    Take me dancing tonight
    Wake me up before you go-go, don't you dare to leave me hanging on like a
    yo-yo
    Take me dancing

(Boom-boom-boom)
  • Hilarious fun.

Hardly a scene that didnt make me laugh. All the characters were refreshing and spontaneous.Plenty of classic Family Guy moments.Chris's character is starting to really catch on, thanks in part to this episode. The musical portions of each episode are really well done and this episode is no exception.It just keeps getting better.
  • Funny, but still not what we've become used to from Family Guy.

Chris is excited to become a freshman at the local high school, until Joe tells Chris about the "Freshman Hunt," a hazing ritual in which the freshmen are beaten with paddles by everyone. When Chris shows up at school Lois yells out "Freshman!" to lure over other students. After a short chase Chris is caught, and is paddled by several people, including the mayor, playing a part in the movie Dazed and Confused. Chris asks Brian for advice. Brian tells Chris about his time in the Peace Corps. Chris decides to join the Corps and goes to South America, where he becomes popular with the natives. When he gets the tribe to dance, he is married to the chief's daughter, as dictated by the tribe's customs.

In the meantime, Peter, who has been unemployed for quite some time, goes to work at the Pawtucket Brewery, where drinking on the job is allowed as long as the employee can control himself. But Peter can't control his drinking, so he is demoted to working for a mentally handicapped man whom he can't understand, but is more qualified than him (Opie). Chris dances with the natives.When Lois learns of Chris leaving, she immediately travels down to South America with the rest of the family. Disillusioned with his new job, Peter is as eager to go there as anyone else. Upon their arrival Peter is seen as the richest man in the country with just $37. Many of the natives of the country then become Peter's slave for just nickels and dimes. When Chris accuses Peter of "using" the natives to escape his troubles, Lois points out that that is also what Chris did. Chris then decides to return to Rhode Island, telling his wife that he must leave her, casually referring to his status as a freshman. The natives respond exactly as the upperclassmen in Quahog do, so they chase the Griffins in a very hostile manner. The Griffins escape on a seaplane a la Raiders of the Lost Ark, but forget Meg, who is killed with darts and arrows.
  • Good episode but....

I was really confused by the part at Meg\'s sleepover where they discuss Connecticut. I didn\'t get why that was funny or was it just totally random? They discussed an underground mall in Hartford and I\'ve lived in Connecticut all my life and have never heard of an underground mall. If there is one, can anyone tell me where it is?
    Anyways, classic-as-always, everyone hates Meg, with few finer examples than this episode.
  • Very funny, makes you want to Jitterbug lol!

Very funny, makes you want to Jitterbug. It had a lot of funny things in like when they forgot to get meg and she got killed. Aaother funny part was when they did a sienfeld episode. The whole show is awesome and this was another episode to be a reason why this show rocks! ;)
  • Good episode

I thought that this episode was hilarious. I always love the family guy flashbacks and pop references and this was yet another episode that was loaded with them. Like always all of the Stewie skits were so funny. Especially when he punched Will Ferral for not being funny! It was classic!
  • Still Keeps me laughing

I only have to say one thing, Deadwood. Once again they hit on all the funny points that are needed. Peter having to get a job is still a big issue. I loved the jobs that Peter had. Especially his eye job, that was hilarious.

Meg Died in this episode too? I wonder what that is about. This isn't southpark so I don't know what they are going to do.
  • This one had me laughing quite a bit.

Well, I see they are contiuing with the we hate Meg theme. It seems that recent forum posts about how Meg is the less favorite is making it's way into the show.

The family was always mean to Meg but now they seem to be going out of the way to do so. I for one find it humorous. As long as they do not overdo it. Right now it seems borderline pushing it.

They used a good handful of characters from the town so that's good. Mayor Adam West going nuts on paddling Chris is classic :)

Not one of their best episodes but still one I would not mind watching again.
  • Just your usual Family Guy episode.

Although this episode isn\'t quite as funny as some of the better Family Guy episodes, it still definitly had it\'s great moments. A little heavy on the references, but all references made were clever and well timed. Stewie\'s revenge on Will Farell over the Bewitched movie is especially funny.

This episode wasn\'t quite as (humerously) offensive as some this season, and really had only one truly offensive moment, where Lou Gehrig is made fun of. At least they didn\'t spend most of their making fun of Meg, which is a nice change from the other episodes of this season.

Family Guy will always be funny, and regardless of any flaws, this episode is still amusing to watch.
  • Chris move to South America after getting hazed in school; Peter gets a job at the beer factory

When Chris is supposed to be hazed for a school tradition, he runs off to South America; Peter quickly becomes frustrated by his new job at the beer factory. A bit of improvement over The Perfect Castaway, but the episode is still dragged. What I meant dragged is the main plot with Chris. It was darn boring and I didn't really laughed a lot in that plot. I did laughed when they were on the phone. As for the other plot where Peter gets a new job at the Partucket Bewlery (which he still remain working there), it was much funnier. I liked his part when he try to drink the beers and then he came drunk. Overall, the storyline could have done better and don't mention it that there's two very long cutaways (the longest of the season; the cavemen couple and Stewie going all away to LA and smack Will Freddle).8/10
  • Not Bad, Nothing Special

The one downfall about this episode is that they put in way too many cut gags. They know that those are popular, but they went overboard with this episode. It was pretty good, and I enjoyed some of it, but I just think this one wasn't particulary memorable. Not bad.
  • In the words of Stewie: "That's not funny!" But good here and there.

Some of you may be confused that I rated this an "8.0" and described it as "Painful To Watch." I'll explain.

Things I Expect From Family Guy:
    1. Good, funny jokes.
    2. At least half a plot.
    3. Good characters.
    4. Just enough Meg bashing, but not too much.
    5. Short and funny jokes.

1. There were some pretty good jokes here. Like Peter driving up to the house like it was a drive-thru resturant. Peter getting drunk at the brewery.(Although he shouldn't have been nude as he was already in 2 episodes.) Stewie's "My Left Foot" song. Chris's long "WWWHHHAAATTT???!!!" More, but I can't think of them.
    Jokes: 8.5.

2. The plot is very well done here, IMO. Chris becomes a freshman, but the seniors(and Adam West) start paddling him with paddles. Peter gets a new job at a brewery. With an idea in his head(thanks to Brian), he runs off to South America where he meets some natives, and marries an 11-year old girl. Then the Griffins go to South America to rescue him. But when the natives find out he has 37 dollars, he is deemed the richest man in town. So everybody starts catering to him and Peter gets treated wonderfully. But when the natives find out Chris is a freshman, they start to chase and try to kill the Griffins. Everyone(except Meg) gets away by plane. Meg dies.
    Plot: 8.9.

3. The characters are very good. Chris gets some spotlight. The natives are good, funny characters, and their cousin Vinny is hilarious
    The Griffins are still entertaining. I could've done without the weird guy that bit Peter's finger, though.
    Good characters: 8.4.

4. Here's where it slopes. Once again, the Meg bashing goes out of control. It's like everybody hates her as much as they can. I thought her family loved her.
    She gets killed at the end. KILLED! That is too mean! Nobody wants to talk to her anymore! I feel sorry for her. They should keep the bashing at a minimum, but now, it's outta control!
    Meg Bashing, But Not Too Much: 6.2.

5. Okay, another slope. There are 2. 2!, extremely long jokes in here! (The "Bewitched" and "Caveman" flashbacks). Those things were unfunny and too long and unneeded. But, the short jokes hit here. Vinny saying saying any word for 5 cents was only used once, but pretty good. Stewie dressing up as a woman and getting a taxi was short n'funny. Overall, I give short, funny jokes:
    7.9.

Overall, a good episode, yet Family Guy could do better. This is probably the lowest rating I will give a Family Guy episode. If you don't wanna read all that, I'll make it short for you:

1.Good, funny jokes: 8.5.
    2. Plot: 8.9.
    3. Good characters: 8.4.
    4. Meg bashing, but not too much: 6.2.
    5. Short, fuuny jokes: 7.9.
    Overall: 8.0.

If I estimate, I'll see this gets an 8.0. This is good if you can get past the Meg Bashing and 2 long jokes.

I apologize if that was too long, I just had to write it all out.

~Pharaoh2.
  • Funny Episode. Why does everyone hate it?

This episode was funny, as have the other two of this season. My only gripe with this episode was that the caveman thing, while funny, drew on a little long. And yes, sometimes that's funny. But it didn't really help it there. Same went with the Stewie hits Will Ferrel thing. However I still enjoyed the episode. I love seeing the Evil Monkey return but this time he was sad. I also am pleased that apparently Peter's going to be working at the brewery instead of being a fisherman. Changing his job keeps things interesting. All in all this was a good episode like they all are.

But, for all those who disliked it such as PerfectDark0Fan... why didn't you like it? Why was it subpar? You claim it was but then you don't back it.
  • This episode had to be one of the lesser episodes this season

7.9
    This episode wasn't great...infact even though I enjoyed it to a curtain degree..I feel it was one of the lesser Family Guy episodes. Sure there were funny jokes but after watching it something didn't feel quite right....maybe it was how painful to my ears Chris's singing was, I can only hope he nver sings again. I was kinda odd how Meg got killed at the end of the episode. Kinda odd too, also it had other odd things like Peter being someones eye...I didn't really get that. Maybe I'd have to see the episode again but I feel like it was the second worst in season 4 I've seen so far other then Lois becoming a model.
  • Some very good moments

7.7
    This isn't one of the finest Family Guy episodes I have ever seen, but there was enough there to keep me interested.

The freshman joke with the paddles was one of my favourites.

I am however getting sick of the crap that the rest of the family are dishing out to Meg. The Meg bashing has got a bit too far out of hand.
< 1 2