Family Guy

Killer Queen

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 11, 2012 on FOX

6.7
  • Awesome premise!!! Keep up the good work Seth MacFarlane

When Peter and Chris go away to fat camp, they cross paths with a serial killer who targets overweight kids. Meanwhile, Stewie is traumatized by the frightening cover of a Queen album. Well, I think most of us, if not all, can say that Season 10 is definitely better than Season 9. Season 10 did get off to a weak start but it got better after a few episodes then towards the middle of the season... the poorly written episodes "The Blind Side", "Livin' On A Prayer", and "Tom Tucker: The Man and his Dreams" came and then the season got good again. I'm very glad that Seth MacFarlane didn't focus on a lot of religion episodes this season which is probably why I like this season more. The most religious episode to ever be brought to this season was "Livin' On a Prayer" and that's about it. I don't really think there are any political or religious episodes other than that one episode I mentioned. Always, enough of how mostly good Season 10 is. I want to talk about this episode. Well, I really loved where Seth MacFarlane was going when he made this episode. I can tell that he is starting to get more creative and somewhat original with the episodes this season. This episode brings that sorta horror/mystery genre that really keeps you at the edge of your couch or seat or bed. This episode has many hilarious moments such as when Mayor West is taking hot dogs out of his mouth, the very ending (although, for some weird and unexplainable reason, it bugged me just a tad), the running gag with Stewie being traumatized and frightened by the Queen cover album all thanks to Brian (that is like the MOST HILARIOUS part out of the entire episode... I don't think it will ever get old for me to be honest), Peter scaring all of the fat kids with salad when he was telling a scary story (that part also cracked me up, another amazing highlight), and there were some more. I also loved the fact that Patrick (Lois' brother) returned to this episode since we last saw him in the Season 4 episode "The Fat Guy Strangler". My only gripe about that, though, was that Robert Downey Jr. who voiced Patrick in "The Fat Guy Strangler" did NOT reprise his role as Patrick in this episode. Hopefully I'm not the only one that noticed that but that's okay.... Seth obviously just asked one of the main actors to voice Patrick but that one gripe is a nit-pick so that's not really a huge problem. The huge twist in this episode with Yamamoto being the fat guy strangler and almost strangling Chris until Stewie comes to the rescue when he frightens Yamamoto with the Queen cover album was awesome and hilarious (kinda random if you ask me). So yeah, everything in this episode was well done and Seth MacFarlane has once again made another fantastic Season 10 episode.... I just wish Robert Downey Jr. returned as the voice of Patrick in this episode though. I also loved the fact that they played the Queen song "Killer Queen" (title of this episode) in the end credits since that song is a classic and one of my favorites. Overall, a perfect episode of "Family Guy"... well done Seth MacFarlane. 10/10
FOX